Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road

• 12-07-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Arklow to Rathnew motorway opening tomorrow I do believe!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bog Butter wrote: »
    Arklow to Rathnew motorway opening tomorrow I do believe!

17.00 today after an opening ceremony at 15.00

Delighted, as someone who has travelled the N11 often for the last 20 years and continues to do so!

I believe, from a neighbour in Wexford who worked on this road, that the same crew are now being sent south to work on the Ferns and Enniscorthy bypass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Drove it earlier on today. I make the daily commute from Arklow to Dublin and back every day and I've been looking forward to this day for years. Never thought I'd be so happy to see a road open. ....lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Great to see the end of those horrible bends. It will make a big improvement for commuters and casual drivers alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BenIrishHome

Three days and it's been great with the new road. Doesn't make a huge difference in quiet times but ends the uncertainty of journey times in peak traffic.

However.... Does anyone feel it's a bit boring now? It reminds me of that stretch between Arklow and Gorey - so mindless I'd almost fall asleep.

Always a complaint! There is some stunning scenery from the high bits tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement