Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish

Options
  • 12-07-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,what polish do you clean your vans with. I use Fennwicks to wash the caravan but I find ordinary car polish is a pig to get off,and it does a crap job.:mad:. The poor oul yoke is looking rather dull and it deserves better.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Lads,what polish do you clean your vans with. I use Fennwicks to wash the caravan but I find ordinary car polish is a pig to get off,and it does a crap job.:mad:. The poor oul yoke is looking rather dull and it deserves better.
    Cheers

I use autoglym super resin polish on our van it lasts for months but elbow grease is required.

Why not just try the fenwicks bobby dazzler on your van it gets great reviews haven't used it myself as our water is incredibly hard so rinsing at home leaves water marks everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Many thanksmoodrater will give Bobby dazzler a shot.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

moodrater wrote: »
    I use autoglym super resin polish on our van it lasts for months but elbow grease is required.

Why not just try the fenwicks bobby dazzler on your van it gets great reviews haven't used it myself as our water is incredibly hard so rinsing at home leaves water marks everywhere.

We have very hard water here too. I might give the autoglym a go. Do you apply it with a sponge and buff with a micro fibre cloth? I'm going to give the roof on mine a good going over too, will the autoglym provide a good layer to protect against lichens etc? I'll have muscles when I'm done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

if you really feel like giving it some tlc you could use some extra gloss protection after polishing..

http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/extra-gloss-protection

Lanshane wrote: »
    We have very hard water here too. I might give the autoglym a go. Do you apply it with a sponge and buff with a micro fibre cloth? I'm going to give the roof on mine a good going over too, will the autoglym provide a good layer to protect against lichens etc? I'll have muscles when I'm done!!

I used the disposable cloths from halforfs the last time as i find the microfibre ones trap dirt even after washing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Head over to the detailing forum over in motors and they'll set you right. There are some posters there who really know their stuff.

AG Super Resin Polish works on the cab and some body finishes, but does nothing to some trim (and can be a curse to get off some finishes). AG extra gloss protection works well when two thin coats are applied. The body would have to be clayed to get the best finish but put nothing on any decals.

ianobrien wrote: »
    AG Super Resin Polish works on the cab and some body finishes, but does nothing to some trim (and can be a curse to get off some finishes). AG extra gloss protection works well when two thin coats are applied. The body would have to be clayed to get the best finish but put nothing on any decals.

Thats true the super resin is not good on bare plastic like the ducato mirrors I just use the vinly rubber care stuff for the dash on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

moodrater wrote: »
    Thats true the super resin is not good on bare plastic like the ducato mirrors I just use the vinly rubber care stuff for the dash on those.

I assume nobody was stupid enough to put that near black plastic trim like mirrors, bumpers etc. I mean some painted trim like the silver skirts on the newer Hymers etc don't like AG SRP. Also, if it leaves a chalky residue you put on too much.

Advertisement