Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller won't charge.

Options
  • 13-07-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this is just my issue of if it's a general issue. Hopefully someone here can tell me. Have 2 xbox one original controllers. Neither will charge anymore. I thought maybe it was an issue with charger cable. I bought batteries to use until I sort out charger but they don't seem to work either. Brand new batteries only last 2 minutes. I put them in and for a minute or two they will work all buttons and controls work. Then after 2 min the batteries die. Any suggestions? I only bought the xbox in November would controllers still be under warranty?

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where did you buy the console?

If they're faulty you're still entitled to replacements yeah. New batteries only lasting 2 minutes is a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

Bought them in argos. I choose not to bother with the insurance. Won't make that mistake next time!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

danois wrote: »
    Bought them in argos. I choose not to bother with the insurance. Won't make that mistake next time!

If you have the receipt or a reference number from your credit card statement (if you bought it that way) Argos will likely replace both controllers on the spot. I exchanged one last January.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Did you get play and charge kits with them? Or did you get separate rechargeable batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Isnt there some function that turns off power charging at the side USB port I think guys? Can't remember.

Have you tried charging from all the other USB ports on the XB1?

Have you tried charging the controllers from a PC's USB port?

Although new batteries going into the controllers and both not working isnt a good sign.
    It's amazing that both controllers have the same problem. I wonder did the previous batteries nuke the controllers.

• Advertisement

Another thing to try is see if the controller stays on while connected with the usb cable and the battery removed. Not a fix but might help narrow down what's going on.

Advertisement