Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown, Co. Kildare JNN1_002 fibre upgrade

Options
  • 13-07-2015 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Any update on when the second cabinet in Johnstown village might get the fibre touch?  A little bizarre that a village that sits on the M7 motorway a couple of miles from Naas seems to always get neglected when it comes to broadband upgrades.  10+years of costly, unreliable and erratic 5MB broadband is quite enough.  Both cabinets in the village having housing estates connected to them, frustrating that only one was upgraded when the work was being done last year.  Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any update on when the second cabinet in Johnstown village might get the fibre touch?  A little bizarre that a village that sits on the M7 motorway a couple of miles from Naas seems to always get neglected when it comes to broadband upgrades.  10+years of costly, unreliable and erratic 5MB broadband is quite enough.  Both cabinets in the village having housing estates connected to them, frustrating that only one was upgraded when the work was being done last year.  Thanks.
    Hi knobtasticus

I can fully understand your feelings and I appreciate that witnessing the physical works being done for over a year creates quite a lot of anticipation especially when other areas are completed before your own. Unfortunately Networks have advised me that there is no agreed date for launch of your cabinet as more works are required. The best indication I could obtain is that hopes for launch are firmly set within 2015.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement