Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grabone Ego-c

Options
  • 13-07-2015 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm a total newb to this e-cig business with quite a low budget and was just wondering whether this deal is a good place to start, and if yes, which option would you go for?

http://www.grabonestore.ie/e-cigarette-pack-33

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Don't waste your money on that, wait until you can afford something decent instead and keep an eye on the buy/sell section here, there is often enough very good stuff coming up for cheap as people upgrade and pass on stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

Thanks for the reply. Would this not even be suitable for a casual user like myself? Could you possibly link a decent starter kit online that would be preferable? Thanks a lot for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

google around for iStick30 and iStick50 and also Subox Mini kit which is probably the best bang for your buck at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Grougy

Thanks for the reply. Would this not even be suitable for a casual user like myself? Could you possibly link a decent starter kit online that would be preferable? Thanks a lot for your help.

30 days for delivery and if something go wrong...?

Whay do not use irish vendors, plenty good online shops and warranty aswell.

iStick 30W + Aspire Nautilius Mini my opinion for beginners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

GS Air tank is easily the best value tank out there. They are also v high quality and perfect for beginners.

http://e-cigaretteshop.eu/en/clearomizers/480-i-smoka-gs-air-20-w.html

Couple that with a 30 watt iStick and you're good to go.

This set up is a better option for a beginner than the sub box mini kit imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Grougy

Trond wrote: »
    This set up is a better option for a beginner than the sub box mini kit imho.

there is some misunderstanding between vaper and beginners...

What`s the point for someone who just start or just think about e cigarette go for kanger subox etc ? that`s completely different world of vaping.

Good battery and prop clearomizer for start and them if you are happy go for advanced kits

But that is just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Grougy wrote:
    iStick 30W + Aspire Nautilius Mini my opinion for beginners

100% agree with this, I'm a novice myself and use this although 20w , I've had no issue at all and it's great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

What`s the point for someone who just start or just think about e cigarette go for kanger subox etc ? that`s completely different world of vaping.

The reason most people "quit" vaping is due to crappy batteries, leaking tanks, lack of flavor and generally feeling like you are being scammed by this vaping lark as a great alternative.

The ego-c / CE5's are 4 year old technology, and things have gone in leaps and bounds since then - no way I would recommend them to my worst enemy these days.

The Subtank/istick is probably a little "big" for the starter. The Ego One Mini would be a better place to start - it addresses all the main issues without being "huge" or overpowering for the beginner. Get a few bottles of juice and you are ready to go (properly!)

Battery life will always be an issue with anything smaller, so be prepared to charge often - nothing that can be done about that with current battery technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

was.deevey wrote: »
    The reason most people "quit" vaping is due to crappy batteries, leaking tanks, lack of flavor and generally feeling like you are being scammed by this vaping lark as a great alternative.

The ego-c / CE5's are 4 year old technology, and things have gone in leaps and bounds since then - no way I would recommend them to my worst enemy these days.

The Subtank/istick is probably a little "big" for the starter.The Ego One Mini would be a better place to start - it addresses all the main issues without being "huge" or overpowering for the beginner. Get a few bottles of juice and you are ready to go (properly!)

Battery life will always be an issue with anything smaller, so be prepared to charge often - nothing that can be done about that with current battery technology.

The 2nd gen Ego One Mega with the 2600mah would probably replace my previous recommendations for an istick and mini Nautilus or GS Air for beginners.

Its a great device. Good battery, stock coils are excellent. The 1.0ohm version are prefect for mouth to lung and the 0.5ohm the same for direct lung hits. The availability of rebuildable coils is also a big plus long term.

If people are prepared to wait its available from fashtech for under €40 which is tad annoying given what I paid (€75 direct from joyetech).

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3031/10012927/2390805

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm a seasoned user of ecigs for several years. I picked up an Ego ONE MINI a couple of weeks back and I think it's great. It fills a gap for me when I'm out and about where iSticks and kayfuns are a little bit cumbersome. I'd recommend the EGO ONE (whatever size takes your fancy) to any new comer. Compact, easy to use, 1.0 ohm coil for mouth to lung, great throat hit with 6ml juice and rebuildable versions available as well. Perfect all round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement