Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 22 - Europe vs USA (McGregor & Faber coaching)**Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

but1er wrote: »
    Mute is a fantastic options during the fights! Can't listen to Conor repeat and repeat!

Can't wait for next week match up! Fancied saul Rogers from start lets see what he got

"Jab, right, left uppercut!"

"Yaaaaaaaaaayyy"

"Buuuuu-ti-full, Marcin"

I don't mind it, but it is like an old video game where the commentary only has a handful of phrases :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Surely I'm not the only one hearing Conor say "ata' boy" about 20 times every fight? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lago wrote: »
    Surely I'm not the only one hearing Conor say "ata' boy" about 20 times every fight? :mad:

If you happened to read back on the last 15 posts it'll answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

ASOT wrote: »
    If you happened to read back on the last 15 posts it'll answer your question.

I did. And saw one person mention it but no one else agree.

Hence my comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The comments on him saying beauuuuutiful were fun I thought.

There are other comments criticising him, which I've made a few, but not for his words of encouragement to his fighters.

NP, I wasn't pointing elbows at anyone, just saying what I seen as the general kind of chat on here about it.

I do think some people are just critical and will moan about everything though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    "Jab, right, left uppercut!"

"Yaaaaaaaaaayyy"

"Buuuuu-ti-full, Marcin"

I don't mind it, but it is like an old video game where the commentary only has a handful of phrases :pac:

Super Jinking Run

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dying laughing at that. Perfect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I am selling 2 spare tickets to this,if anyone is interested send me a PM .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Great showing from Saul even if Billy was terribly out of his depth. He's a tough lad though.

From the preview it looks like next week will be a cracker. McGregor really pushing the buttons about TJ. Despite what they're saying now I'm really starting to suspect that all this talk had to have played somewhat into the split.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gunni is in there doing something anyway, he was there at the restaurant.

James Jenkins blog
    http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/the-ultimate-fighter-22-blog-james-jenkins-on-episode-no-5

I quite enjoy these are they give a bit of the behind the scenes stories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Great showing from Saul even if Billy was terribly out of his depth. He's a tough lad though.

From the preview it looks like next week will be a cracker. McGregor really pushing the buttons about TJ. Despite what they're saying now I'm really starting to suspect that all this talk had to have played somewhat into the split.

Oh cmon....you think they give a sh1t what another fighter says?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Oh cmon....you think they give a sh1t what another fighter says?.

I think if there was tension being brushed under the carpet between two people and someone repeatedly calls them out about it on international television then yes I think they would give a sh1t. To me Faber looks incredibly uncomfortable every time it's brought up and coincidentally 'came clean' on the Bang situation days before the episode where Conor first brings it up aired so again two more signs that he gives a sh1t.

If you watched the preview for next week it seems like other members of team alpha male do too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah Faber admitted that Conor 'picked up on it' during the show so people are going to see and then had that rant about Bang. When he says 'picked up' I'm sure he means Conor called em all out on what he thought was going on and wrecked their head about it.

Kinda feel bad for Billy Q, completely out of his depth and even Uriah was getting frustrated that he didn't know certain positions.

I was wondering why Conor was telling Saul to stand up near the end but I'm guessing it's because he wasn't getting the finish and could easily be kicked out of the competition if everyone else pulls off KO/Sub finishes.

Also, you could see that tuna comment at the end get to Conor slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah Faber admitted that Conor 'picked up on it' during the show so people are going to see and then had that rant about Bang. When he says 'picked up' I'm sure he means Conor called em all out on what he thought was going on and wrecked their head about it.

Kinda feel bad for Billy Q, completely out of his depth and even Uriah was getting frustrated that he didn't know certain positions.

I was wondering why Conor was telling Saul to stand up near the end but I'm guessing it's because he wasn't getting the finish and could easily be kicked out of the competition if everyone else pulls off KO/Sub finishes.

I think he was telling him to stand up and to stand OVER him to punish him with strikes, rather than stay laying on top. At least that was how I interpreted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I don't remember Conor saying stand up, I remember him saying take top and spread him out so he could ground and pound a stoppage rather than sniping elbows from guard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

what was the tuna comment?

I don't remember it

At the end when they were in the corridor waiting to go into the gym to announce the next fight Faber looks at Conor and says "what's that smell? You smell like Tuna, why do you smell like Tunafish?" or something like that and Conor took a second or two and looked shocked before replying "eh, I don't smell" and then Faber pointed at the cameraman or a production team member and said "it's ths guy so".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I like Tom Egan...but Jesus he was dressed like a gob****e at the weigh in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

At the end when they were in the corridor waiting to go into the gym to announce the next fight Faber looks at Conor and says "what's that smell? You smell like Tuna, why do you smell like Tunafish?" or something like that and Conor took a second or two and looked shocked before replying "eh, I don't smell" and then Faber pointed at the cameraman or a production team member and said "it's ths guy so".

I was waiting for him to say "I smell like money" or something, can't believe he didn't. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Artem Lobov has no personality, comes across as a robot. He keeps on saying what a tough time he has had compared with other fighters and how hard he has had it. A loss is still a loss. Saul fought him and beat him in the past. I don't see him getting anywhere through this.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That seems a little harsh... His fighting style isn't my personal favourite and he certainly didn't show top level skills in his entrance fight but I wouldn't agree that he's no personality. Seems like a reasonably nice guy. Not everyone is extroverted and tbh I prefer the Edgars to the Fabers in that regard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

No episode this week? :-(

At least not listed on BT Sports schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

John_D80 wrote: »
    No episode this week? :-(

At least not listed on BT Sports schedule.

Looks like they are skipping a week!

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-ultimate-fighter/episodes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I like Tom Egan...but Jesus he was dressed like a gob****e at the weigh in!!!

I thought he was just dressed like that to take the piss out or Conor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Is there an ep this week no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Depp wrote: »
    Is there an ep this week no?

Doesn't look like it. Sky planner had episode 6 listed for 22/10 at 3am so nothing this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What's weird is that I saw one of the UFC social media accounts put up a video saying "New episode of TUF tonight...."

• Advertisement

I still have 2 tickets to the final if anyone is interested in purchasing send me a PM.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What's weird is that I saw one of the UFC social media accounts put up a video saying "New episode of TUF tonight...."

Social media staff often have use apps that allow them to queue a load of posts to upload at specific dates and times. So they queue up the blurb and screen grab fir every episode for each air date at the start of a series. Odds are the air date change happened after it had all been queued and someone forgot to edit it.

Looks like it's this week's episode that all the Faber TJ stuff becomes apparent

Looks like it's this week's episode that all the Faber TJ stuff becomes apparent

Video really makes it look like Garbrant is standing up for tj in that bit...bet he feels a right mug now!

I think
    I heard Cody being interviewed somewhere and he said he was annoyed as McGregor only started the stuff about TJ when TJ had left the room and that's why he went for him

I think
    I heard Cody being interviewed somewhere and he said he was annoyed as McGregor only started the stuff about TJ when TJ had left the room and that's why he went for him
    Cody also said he only did it because he's the sort of guy that if someone's like "what are you going to do, huh?" he'll call their bluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cody also said all this stuff before then got paired beside McGregor for the signing at the last event they were on together and acted like a bitch and didn't say two words to him. All talk when he was on his own. Seems like a really really top bloke for the stuff he does outside the octagon.

I have 2 spare tickets to TUF Finale.They are e-tickets so there is an option to "send to a friend" so can just email them on and get paid via PayPal. I paid $336/€300.

Section 202 . Anyone interested ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else finding it really hard to find a link to the new episode? There is a vid of Conor's showdown with TJ and I'm mad to watch the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All the hype leading up to the episode and we didn't see a whole lot more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone else finding it really hard to find a link to the new episode? There is a vid of Conor's showdown with TJ and I'm mad to watch the whole thing.

Yeah its really weird, absolutely nothing online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Stream to watch it:

http://www.tv4play.se/program/the-ultimate-fighter?video_id=3212032

You'll have to use a Swedish proxy, I just used the hola extension:

https://hola.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Conor was talking a serious amount of trash so no wonder it kicked off.

TJ was off getting coffee when the ruckus happened on in his interview he said Conor was afraid to say anything to his face. Then cue him coming back and Conor calling him a snake to his face and he barely said anything and mumbled a few words defending himself. Then later as Conor was walking out the door across the other side of the gym, TJ finally has the bravery to start talking back to Conor.

To me, TJ came across as a bit of pussy in that episode.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Stream to watch it:

http://www.tv4play.se/program/the-ultimate-fighter?video_id=3212032

You'll have to use a Swedish proxy, I just used the hola extension:

https://hola.org/

cheers!

Tom still rocking the knee length denim shorts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hazys wrote: »
    Conor was talking a serious amount of trash so no wonder it kicked off.

TJ was off getting coffee when the ruckus happened on in his interview he said Conor was afraid to say anything to his face. Then cue him coming back and Conor calling him a snake to his face and he barely said anything and mumbled a few words defending himself. Then later as Conor was walking out the door across the other side of the gym, TJ finally has the bravery to start talking back to Conor.

To me, TJ came across as a bit of pussy in that episode.

In fairness Conor was right. Tj is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Drumsnotdead

Ye it does not appear to be anywhere. Was it definitely on US TV last night?

mods delete this if its not allowed but theres a few links here if anyones looking

http://www.primewire.ag/tv-11181-The-Ultimate-Fighter/season-22-episode-6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Good fight this week. Should have went to a 3rd IMO. I thought Medhi easily won the first. Erosa hardly connected anything cleanly in Round 1 I thought.

Would really love to see Svennson submit Le next week.

WTF was McGregor talking about... what fight was he watching?

He gave TERRIBLE advice (other then the ubiquitous "Be First Medhi")... Medhi was a punchbag and stood there with his guard up letting his opponent pick him off and sure, they weren't doing much damage but it LOOKED like he was getting slapped around.

What they needed to tell Medhi after the first round was "You lost that, you cant afford to do that again, get stuck in and mix it up with this guy".

That was awful to watch, painful to watch someone cower back against every feint forwards and occasionally through a counter combo.

Christ, I'm not a coach but I could see Medhi losing that fight. I started writing this post while they were waiting for the judges. I dunno how even one judge saw that for Medhi.

Bad cornering. Pure and simple.... oh and Muay Thai world champ?? my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

DeVore wrote: »
    WTF was McGregor talking about... what fight was he watching?

He gave TERRIBLE advice (other then the ubiquitous "Be First Medhi")... Medhi was a punchbag and stood there with his guard up letting his opponent pick him off and sure, they weren't doing much damage but it LOOKED like he was getting slapped around.

What they needed to tell Medhi after the first round was "You lost that, you cant afford to do that again, get stuck in and mix it up with this guy".

That was awful to watch, painful to watch someone cower back against every feint forwards and occasionally through a counter combo.

Christ, I'm not a coach but I could see Medhi losing that fight. I started writing this post while they were waiting for the judges. I dunno how even one judge saw that for Medhi.

Bad cornering. Pure and simple.... oh and Muay Thai world champ?? my arse!

you do realise conor wasn't in his corner, yes? He was an onlooker like everyone else, the technical corner advice is left to Roddy and the boys. Obviously they're not mic'd up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement