Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer program that can edit audio files

Options
  • 13-07-2015 6:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if any software exists that could edit audio files by that i mean say for example there is a piece of music that also has a person speaking is it possible to filter out the person speaking and retain the music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

In theory if they are on different layers it should be possible to remove a layer. I know in garageband you can have different stuff on different layers anyways and they blend together but if you remove a layer then only whats left will play. Don't know if this would be the same if you took a song that has been professionally recorded and edited or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ant695 wrote: »
    In theory if they are on different layers it should be possible to remove a layer. I know in garageband you can have different stuff on different layers anyways and they blend together but if you remove a layer then only whats left will play. Don't know if this would be the same if you took a song that has been professionally recorded and edited or not though.

That's only possible if you have the seperate audio tracks. Any song will be bounced out as a single mixed file so an editor will only see one track. You can apply filters in something like Audacity buy it usually reduces the track to a muddy mess.

Advertisement