Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water meters

Options
  • 13-07-2015 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Anyone in Collins avenue get notice of the water meters being installed? Started it this morning ,i asked and was told I got two weeks notice but I didn't receive any notification.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭shayp83

Got a leaflet in the door in grantstown a while back, I never seen fellas work so fast in me life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Are you supposed to get 2 weeks notice? we got a leaflet in the latter half of last week and they're already putting the water meters in in Viewmount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

debok wrote: »
    Anyone in Collins avenue get notice of the water meters being installed? Started it this morning ,i asked and was told I got two weeks notice but I didn't receive any notification.

I live on the Dunmore Road, not Collins Avenue though. Got a leaflet in the door about it on Friday.

deisemum wrote: »
    Are you supposed to get 2 weeks notice? we got a leaflet in the latter half of last week and they're already putting the water meters in in Viewmount.
    Why would you want to get notice anyway? It's on the public footpath.

katydid wrote: »

I'm not bothered about notice, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Just for clarity they are putting in meter box's there is a different division fitting the meters who follow about a month behind this crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

katydid wrote: »

Don't care bout notice really just that they blocked me car in without asking I said it to your woman and she goes you got two weeks notice. Two drunk lads protesting as well were a joke. Standing in me garden with Irish flags.

debok wrote: »
    Don't care bout notice really just that they blocked me car in without asking I said it to your woman and she goes you got two weeks notice. Two drunk lads protesting as well were a joke. Standing in me garden with Irish flags.
    Ah ok, I see your problem. Didn't think of the blocking in bit

I hope you told the two lads to shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Water pressure seems a bit wonky aftr their activities.

Regards...jmcc

The water meter was installed outside my house today. I'm well pissed off that they've knocked the paint and underlying plaster off my wall and left black marks higher up on the wall. Of course there isn't any of the workers around to bring it to their attention.

There hasn't been anyone out protesting but I've never seen so much garda presence on my road before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There hasn't been anyone out protesting but I've never seen so much garda presence on my road before.

safe for the day then. what area if you dont mind me asking? no harm in taking pics and throwing them up online. if theyre gonna install, respect peoples property!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

The water meter was installed outside my house today. I'm well pissed off that they've knocked the paint and underlying plaster off my wall and left black marks higher up on the wall. Of course there isn't any of the workers around to bring it to their attention.

I have been in work all day but mine was installed also so must be same area . They only went near outside of my gate so no damage to anywhere . I can't park in my drive at present as it's cordoned off as cement drying but it seems to be a very neat job .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

alibab wrote: »
    I have been in work all day but mine was installed also so must be same area . They only went near outside of my gate so no damage to anywhere . I can't park in my drive at present as it's cordoned off as cement drying but it seems to be a very neat job .

area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

The have left the Dunmore road is some state from topaz to passage road #cowpath

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

The meters wete put in in poleberry terrace 5 years ago my neighbour told me today

Advertisement