Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Customer, eFibre & eTalk - Number of Issues

Options
  • 13-07-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

eFibre & eTalk installed on 8th July last Wednesday by KN Networks. I was not at home, though someone else was. I have a number of issues with the install, but cannot raise them via 1901 as i keep getting told " sorry you are not a customer yet "

issues are:

1. Unfinished work. We have a number of phone points in the house, KN Networks changed out most of them, but left one unfinished (the main phone point) with the old box unscrewed from the wall, and left "dangling " by the phone wires.

2. The landline is totally non-functional. When you dial out, i get two dial tones and it appears to make the call twice. One from my landline, and another call from a different number. If i ring a number from the landline, i hear two voices in the background, one says " sorry your call can not be completed " and the other is the active call. I was never explained how to set this up going forward, my previous setup had both the phone and broadband on the same cable, with a filter on the end, one for ADSL the other for Telephone. This was left like this by KN. However, i have attempted to move the phone around the house to the various phone sockets,  all of which have the same issue.

3. Eircom Phonewatch, is not working at all. The alarm is beeping every few minutes saying " Communication Failure " - presumably also caused by the landline issue, or not setup correctly for the new connection?

4. it appears as though i am still with my previous provider for Broadband and Talk, as i am still being billed actively. Can you confirm this?

5. When will my customer support account be setup so i can actually log support requests via 1901?

thanks

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

eFibre & eTalk installed on 8th July last Wednesday by KN Networks. I was not at home, though someone else was. I have a number of issues with the install, but cannot raise them via 1901 as i keep getting told " sorry you are not a customer yet "

issues are:

1. Unfinished work. We have a number of phone points in the house, KN Networks changed out most of them, but left one unfinished (the main phone point) with the old box unscrewed from the wall, and left "dangling " by the phone wires.

2. The landline is totally non-functional. When you dial out, i get two dial tones and it appears to make the call twice. One from my landline, and another call from a different number. If i ring a number from the landline, i hear two voices in the background, one says " sorry your call can not be completed " and the other is the active call. I was never explained how to set this up going forward, my previous setup had both the phone and broadband on the same cable, with a filter on the end, one for ADSL the other for Telephone. This was left like this by KN. However, i have attempted to move the phone around the house to the various phone sockets,  all of which have the same issue.

3. Eircom Phonewatch, is not working at all. The alarm is beeping every few minutes saying " Communication Failure " - presumably also caused by the landline issue, or not setup correctly for the new connection?

4. it appears as though i am still with my previous provider for Broadband and Talk, as i am still being billed actively. Can you confirm this?

5. When will my customer support account be setup so i can actually log support requests via 1901?

thanks

Robert
    Hi RobertHopkins

I'm sorry to hear of this,

Could you please PM me your full address? I'm sure I will be able to locate your account if you PM me your address and the name the account was set up in.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi RobertHopkins

Could you please PM me your full address? I'm sure I will be able to locate your account if you PM me your address and the name the account was set up in.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al - PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al - PM sent

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks For your PM

The technical problems you have raised have been logged with eircoms technical support department - the reference number is 1897599

The most recent notes show that this has been escalated to technicians and is under investigation - I have also requested that your case be treated with more urgency considering the delays you have already experienced.

The reason the phone watch would not work is because the Alarm needs a working land line - basically to be able to dial out - once your case with technical support has been closed your phone watch should return to as normal.

I can assure you that your line and broadband are with eircom. I suggest contacting your previous provider for clarification on why they would think you have service from them - and if they insist upon this I highly recommend contacting comreg - the communications regulator.

Your account is fully set up now and the 1901 evr system should now recognize you as a valid eircom customer.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al - PM sent

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks For your PM

The technical problems you have raised have been logged with eircoms technical support department - the reference number is 1897599

The most recent notes show that this has been escalated to technicians and is under investigation - I have also requested that your case be treated with more urgency considering the delays you have already experienced.

The reason the phone watch would not work is because the Alarm needs a working land line - basically to be able to dial out - once your case with technical support has been closed your phone watch should return to as normal.

I can assure you that your line and broadband are with eircom. I suggest contacting your previous provider for clarification on why they would think you have service from them - and if they insist upon this I highly recommend contacting comreg - the communications regulator.

Your account is fully set up now and the 1901 evr system should now recognize you as a valid eircom customer.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

appreciate your help with all. Unfortunately, i have to bring it up again though, as it's still not resolved. When you logged the above call, i heard nothing for days. When i called 1901 to ask for an update i was told " the engineer closed the call, as he could not find anything wrong with the line" - i had no contact with the engineer at all, nobody entered my house, and that is where the issue is.

I appreciate that it's not directly anybody's fault, more a process and procedure issue, and relying on a third-party engineer company to complete issues and installs, i also appreciate it's not your fault, and you have been very helpful so far, but to be honest, im totally fed up with it all now, it's really unacceptable that my issues are still outstanding, and nobody has been following up with me about anything.

what is still outstanding:

1. PhoneWatch Alarm not working since install took place, Alarm is alerting us every few minutes to a communication failure, with a beep, which i have tried to disable, but cannot. Please have this rectified.

2. Main phone point in house was not upgraded to a new "eFiber" box on the wall, unsure why, when i questioned the KN network engineer, he seemed surprised that i was even asking.. i should not have let him leave, until he put one on the wall. I plan to move the phone and broadband to that socket, as its the main phone point. Please have this rectified.

3. My package says online and on my bill, that i am paying 45e a month for my plan, but i agreed 35e for the for the first 6 months, when i called 1901, the billing team explained that it was an error on the system, and she credited my account 10e - however, i still see 45e on my online account, can this be rectified?

4. The landline service was not working for over a week when we got the phone first, due to an error the technician made at the exchange, our line was crossed with someone else's. I was unable to make and receive calls at this time, can i be credited for this loss of service? I am not sure on exact dates, but im sure you can look that up on your systems.

5. Finally, can i make a formal complaint about the KN Network engineers? - The whole service they provided was totally unhelpful and poor.

Not a happy customer unfortunately. I was with SKY for some time, and never had an issue. I regret switching now to be honest. My whole experience has just been poor from day 1.

hoping to get this resolved once and for all.

thanks in advance

Robert

Advertisement