Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chance ESB Account Name(s)

Options
  • 13-07-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Bear with me..not Off-Topic
    My wife and I have a joint Credit Union account.
    Recently we used the ESB Bill when getting a loan.
    We were told by the loan officer, that both our names would have to be on the Utility Bill,
    as under Central Bank Guidelines, jount account holders needed both names on bills.
    How to go about same, ESB Account is currently under my name only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

There is no problem adding a 2nd name to an account, but the first named on the bill will remain the main a/c holder. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Frankly 3D,

You can arrange to get your wife's name to the bill also, but we would need her permission to do so. We can make a note on file that you want her name added to the bill and she can then make contact with us. If your wife doesn't have a Boards account, we can also deal with customers on Facebook and Twitter. Alternatively, she can give a call to our colleagues on 1850 372 372.

For account security, can you please confirm the following details via private message for us:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement