Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick or Ennis?

Options
  • 13-07-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I've accepted a job offer in Shannon, and I'll be moving to Ireland in a few weeks.
    It's going to me, my partner and our 6 months old baby girl.
    We understand that the best options are either Ennis or Limerick.
    We stayed in Limerick for two days (for last job interview), but didn't visit Ennis.

I'd like to go by bus to work until I get a car, so closeness to bus station is important.
    I've heard that Ennis is more suitable for families, can somebody confirm?

Limerick seemed fine and nice to walk in the centre, while by only looking with google street,
    Ennis seems very different. Beside on draft.ie I've only found semidetached houses
    and no modern flat.

I'd like to live somewhere where amenities (grocery most of all) are easily accessible by walk,
    as my partner won't have a car.

Can anybody share its experience?

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Salvatore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

Hi, I'm actually from Ennis and would recommend it for closeness to Shannon having worked in Shannon myself previously. I suggest trying to locate housing on Clon rd, so Ffrench park, Station park, St Michaels Villas or Tobairteascain estates are all withing a 4/5 min walk to the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 salva

Thank you for your answer and your suggestions. I'll keep that in mind when
    I'll be looking for houses next month.
    For what we have seen so far, Ennis has very little offers in terms of little modern houses,
    while Limerick do have some modern apartments, which we prefer.
    Nevertheless, thanks again for your suggestions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Ennis is more relaxed and laid back than Limerick.
    You're closer to the coast,nice scenic areas and parks.
    Great fishing and surfing spots too,and there's good schools.
    When driving to Shannon in the morning from the Ennis direction it's not as congested.

Ennis has better shops and a more cosmopolitan feel about it with its nice coffee shops,restaurants and boutiques for the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ennis has better shops

I agree with most of your points, with this being an exception. Ennis has woefully bad shopping for a town of its size!

Have a look at Clonmel, Woodies, DID Eletrical, Argos etc, yet it has 5,000 less people.

Thanks everyone for the replies and private messages. Eventually we had the luck to find a modern apartment in Ennis. So far we are very happy. I live close to a bus stop so I get easily yo work. Shops are also close (Dunnes).

The only problem we had with Ennis was that we had to drive all the way to Argos in limerick to get a cotbed for our baby. Couldn't find a shop in Ennis.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

salva wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the replies and private messages. Eventually we had the luck to find a modern apartment in Ennis. So far we are very happy. I live close to a bus stop so I get easily yo work. Shops are also close (Dunnes).

The only problem we had with Ennis was that we had to drive all the way to Argos in limerick to get a cotbed for our baby. Couldn't find a shop in Ennis.

Thanks again.

Get the app 'done deal' for your phone or tablet, or check it out on the net. People buy and sell everything on this app. Good luck in your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

who_ru wrote: »
    Get the app 'done deal' for your phone or tablet, or check it out on the net. People buy and sell everything on this app. Good luck in your new job.

9 months later may be a bit late

Carnacalla wrote: »
    who_ru wrote: »

9 months later may be a bit late

Bit late indeed, but still appreciated.
    I got my car over donedeal! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Limerick our Ennis? Limerick would be better choice to Me.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think they are sorted by now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement