Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still billed by Eircom, after switching to Sky

Options
  • 13-07-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am still being billed by Eircom, even though I switched to sky months ago, and Im out of contract with Eircom. I know from previous experience the only way to get an answer from Eircom is to post on here or spend an hr on the phone getting passed from person to person. So Im hoping one of the reps here will sort this out, I want a refund for the months I've been erroneously charged for and I want the Direct Debit cancelled immediately. Sky are supposed to take care of all this, but they are saying they notified eircom and the problem lies with them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RazzleDaz wrote: »
    I am still being billed by Eircom, even though I switched to sky months ago, and Im out of contract with Eircom. I know from previous experience the only way to get an answer from Eircom is to post on here or spend an hr on the phone getting passed from person to person. So Im hoping one of the reps here will sort this out, I want a refund for the months I've been erroneously charged for and I want the Direct Debit cancelled immediately. Sky are supposed to take care of all this, but they are saying they notified eircom and the problem lies with them
    Very sorry to hear this RazzleDaz

Please PM me your eircom account number and I'll investigate this further for you

Cheers
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is up to you (as the bank account holder) to cancel a direct debit mandate. You need to instruct your bank to do so and you need to inform the company concerned too.  A third party cannot cancel a direct debit on your behalf.  Remember a direct debit mandate is an instruction to your bank to allow a company to debit your account so long as they comply with the rules of the direct debit scheme. It is always dangerous to rely on a company to cancel anything on your behalf - they will all promise you the son, moon and stars but your are left to pick up the pieces.

This link may be of help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

This same thing happened to me and I refused to pay eircom, they blamed Sky etc, so I went to comreg and guess what? Eircom cancelled the bills eventually but stopped short of saying they were wrong,Even now I'm still getting bill notifiction emails but I'm ignoring them. https://www.comreg.ie/

Comerman wrote: »
    This same thing happened to me and I refused to pay eircom, they blamed Sky etc, so I went to comreg and guess what? Eircom cancelled the bills eventually but stopped short of saying they were wrong,Even now I'm still getting bill notifiction emails but I'm ignoring them. https://www.comreg.ie/
    Sorry to hear you are still getting bills Comerman

Feel free to PM me your account number and I'll ensure this is rectified

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RazzleDaz

typical eircom, PM them and get no response(sent PM on 13th and 17th). Do i need to cancel this DD myself? the bank said eircom needs to cancel it. Also, I want a refund for the erroneous payments

• Advertisement

typical eircom, PM them and get no response(sent PM on 13th and 17th). Do i need to cancel this DD myself? the bank said eircom needs to cancel it. Also, I want a refund for the erroneous payments
    Apologies for the delays RazzleDaz

I have investigated this and I can assure you that the account is now closed. I have also arranged a refund for the amount of the last 2 months bills. A new final closing bill/statement will be posted to you within 10 days reflecting a credit amount which upon receiving please contact our accounts team on free phone 1901 who will then arrange a cheque for this amount.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Slightly off topic, but there is absolutely no way you are required to get a third party to cease debiting you. If you want to terminate a direct debit you are 100% within your rights to instruct the bank to do so. They might prefer you arrange things with the third party for your own sake, but I can't imagine they would flat refuse to terminate the direct debit.

Zillah wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but there is absolutely no way you are required to get a third party to cease debiting you. If you want to terminate a direct debit you are 100% within your rights to instruct the bank to do so. They might prefer you arrange things with the third party for your own sake, but I can't imagine they would flat refuse to terminate the direct debit.
    That's correct Zillah - everyone is within their rights to instruct their bank to cancel direct debits

Al

I'm just telling you what AIB told me. I agreed to contact eircom to cancel, Im sure if eircom refused to cancel I could have got the bank to cancel. The point is I shouldn't have to, this was supposed to be cancelled when sky informed eircom of the switch. It must have gotten lost in the eircom 'system'. Much like my refund. The DD has stopped, I have still not received any check to refund the erroneously charged months? you said within 10 days, its been over a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm just telling you what AIB told me. I agreed to contact eircom to cancel, Im sure if eircom refused to cancel I could have got the bank to cancel. The point is I shouldn't have to, this was supposed to be cancelled when sky informed eircom of the switch. It must have gotten lost in the eircom 'system'. Much like my refund. The DD has stopped, I have still not received any check to refund the erroneously charged months? you said within 10 days, its been over a month
    Have you had any direct debits taken within the last 8 weeks? Under the SEPA direct debit rules you can request that any unauthorised direct debits in the past 8 weeks be refunded to you and the bank are obliged to do this. You may have missed this window but hopefully it's an option to get something back immediately while you chase this with Eircom.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sparko, ya I think I missed the window, thats good to know though. hopefully eircom will refund, i'll see what the rep says

Thanks Sparko, ya I think I missed the window, thats good to know though. hopefully eircom will refund, i'll see what the rep says
    Hi RazzleDaz

I had advised that the final bill reflecting an amount in credit will be with you in 10 workings days and once you receive that you will need to contact our accounts team on free phone 1901 who will then arrange a cheque for this amount.

I'm sorry if the bill has not reached you although I can confirm your eircom account is now in credit of €33 - you will still be able to call and request this by cheque.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

AIB are bang out of order there. If you request cancellation of direct debits they must comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have received a threatening letter from eircoms debt collecting agency they have passed bill over to.

I am so disgusted and shocked at how they have treated us.

They took money off my credit card which I agreed to but straight after they decided they would help themselves and take even more in a second transaction.

<snip>-abusive language removed. Warning issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hi RazzleDaz

I had advised that the final bill reflecting an amount in credit will be with you in 10 workings days and once you receive that you will need to contact our accounts team on free phone 1901 who will then arrange a cheque for this amount.

I'm sorry if the bill has not reached you although I can confirm your eircom account is now in credit of €33 - you will still be able to call and request this by cheque.

Thanks
    Al

Should you be discussing his account on the public forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I have received a threatening letter from eircoms debt collecting agency they have passed bill over to.

I am so disgusted and shocked at how they have treated us.

They took money off my credit card which I agreed to but straight after they decided they would help themselves and take even more in a second transaction.

<snip>
    Get straight onto ComReg!

You'll get nowhere dealing with Eircom themselves.

It really is mind boggling how utterly dysfunctional Eircom customer service is and how they can so blatantly hold the customer with such contempt.

Kensington wrote: »

It really is mind boggling how utterly dysfunctional Eircom customer service is and how they can so blatantly hold the customer with such contempt.

Comreg can do nothing they forwarded my complaint which I had already sent direct to eircom.

I got an answer back saying comreg had contacted and they had contacted me.

Now it is extremely frustrating and confusing to be treated that way to then be told on numerous occasions they know nothing.
    They never received any payment, no complaint and so on etc etc.....

What a joke.

Think will leave it for 6 years and they will never get payment as they overcharged and stole from my card.

Kensington wrote: »

Comreg can do nothing they forwarded my complaint which I had already sent direct to eircom.

I got an answer back saying comreg had contacted and they had contacted me.

Now it is extremely frustrating and confusing to be treated that way to then be told on numerous occasions they know nothing.
    They never received any payment, no complaint and so on etc etc.....

What a joke.

Think will leave it for 6 years and they will never get payment as they overcharged and stole from my card.
    Hi punisher5112

Both eircom complaints and comreg have ruled that there is no refund required from eircom. You have been advised this in the past.

I am unable to clarify this further for you and the best advice I can offer is to contact comreg on this matter.

Thanks
    Al

Hi punisher5112

Both eircom complaints and comreg have ruled that there is no refund required from eircom. You have been advised this in the past.

I am unable to clarify this further for you and the best advice I can offer is to contact comreg on this matter.

Thanks
    Al

no you did not.

You never even got back to me.
    I complained to eircon and comreg.

Comreg just emailed back saying they got onto eircon.

Then I received a letter saying that eircon could do nothing even though eircon robbed from my credit card.

Sick and tired of the whole joke of a service if you could call it a service.

thanks for your posts guys, I understand your frustration, not my first time dealing with them, always a disaster

• Advertisement

Just following up on this here, one last time before I contact Eircom Complaints dept and then take legal action if necessary. Are any of the reps on here willing to actually arrange the repayment of funds wrongfully charged?

RazzleDaz they will lose your complaint and will never get back to you even when you send it.

Pitty they are like this as they could do extremely well if they actually looked after paying customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

<Snip>
    Got the wrong end of the stick!

Just following up on this here, one last time before I contact Eircom Complaints dept and then take legal action if necessary. Are any of the reps on here willing to actually arrange the repayment of funds wrongfully charged?
    Thanks for taking my call RazzleDaz

As agreed the cheque will be out to you within 30 working days. I would also like to add my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for taking my call RazzleDaz

As agreed the cheque will be out to you within 30 working days. I would also like to add my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks
    Al

Cant believe this is still ongoing. The last I heard frm eircom was when a rep called(11th sep), he was appologising for ignoring my posts on here, and not organising the refund, promised that a check would be sent right away. 
    Cant say im surprise, but it never arrived, What is going on? do I need to take legal action to get my money back? 

Any chance of a response from one of the eircom reps? I PM'd but they're ignoring the messages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Cant believe this is still ongoing. The last I heard frm eircom was when a rep called(11th sep), he was appologising for ignoring my posts on here, and not organising the refund, promised that a check would be sent right away. 
    Cant say im surprise, but it never arrived, What is going on? do I need to take legal action to get my money back? 

Any chance of a response from one of the eircom reps? I PM'd but they're ignoring the messages
    Hi RazzleDaz

Please forward your account number by PM to my new username (eir: Alan) and I will get back to you today

Cheers
    Al

PM'd you 2 weeks ago. No reply. I am now 4 months chasing you for the money you owe. My next step is contacting your superiors and making sure they know whats been going on. ie the provide empty promises, do nothing, ignore, repeat. if they prove to be just as bad, im taking legal action, as a matter of principal, its a disgrace that a company like this can exist 

Advertisement