Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracted hours not being met

Options
  • 13-07-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I've been working in company for 6month and signed contract for 42 hours a week. However for last few weeks I'm not filling my contracted hours and I have been doing around 30. Is this legal? I will discuss this with my employee, however I'd like to know what is my rights.
    Last week I was given a new contract to sign. A flexi part time contract which doesn't state working hours on it, so I suppose it's the 0 hour contract. Which I don't want to sign because I was promised full time on the interview and signed full time contracted when I started. What are my options here? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

In real terms very few options. :(

I would say that your only option is to speak very nicely to your employer and appeal to their sense of fairness etc. :rolleyes: It is unlikely that this will change much, but you are not in a position of power here, so it may be your only option.

If you refuse the new contract, in all likelihood your current contract will be terminated early and you will be let go, an employer needs little or no reason to terminate a contract within the first 12 months.

Some more details, Industry, type of contract, what the role is etc. would help others give you more specific advice.

Advertisement