Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking more than 1 10 credit module in a semester

Options
  • 13-07-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi

I'm going into 3rd year BA English/History, and because of the way the credits work, it looks like I could end up doing 7 english modules for 35 credits, and 3 history for 25 (2x10 and the mandatory one that's 5). The only way I can see to make it more even is if I take a 2nd year 5 credit history elective, but there are so many 3rd year modules I'd love. Has anyone done more than 1 10 credit module in a semester? I know they advise against it, but do they actually stop you from doing so? And is it achievable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kiwimad

I just finished 3rd year English and History there in May. I only took 2 10 credit history modules, but I actually kind of regretted it - they were the highlight of 3rd year for me, they were tough but were absolutely fascinating, a huge step up from 2nd year. A few of my friends did 3 10 credits, with no problems. The only thing to watch out for is that an awful lot of them clash either with each other or with 3rd year English modules, but if you can sort out the timetable, then I'd recommend that you go for it! Which modules are you looking at? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

Thanks a lot for that. There are loads of History ones I want to do. Third Reich, Australian History, American Cold war society, most of the 20th Century stuff :)

Advertisement