Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Udacity Android Developer Nanodegree??

• 13-07-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I am working as an Android Developer for a little over two years. I graduated from college with a 1st class honours degree in Software Engineering. I have been reviewing this course at Udacity - the Android Developer nanodegree (I can't post links). It is co-created by Google and looks interesting. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience on this or heard anything about it? As it's quite expensive ($200 p/m) I'm trying to ascertain if it would be of benefit. i know that it's not recognised as an education certification but is it recognised in industry also would any potential employers look upon this favourably?

Any info is appreciated.

Regards,
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Not a qualification that carries sufficient weight to spend time and money pursuing if you've already got two years working experience in Android developer and a degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

In case you're not aware, or for anyone else reading, you don't have to pay for the course content if you don't mind just learning by yourself and are not necessarily interested in the certificate.

If you look at the nanodegree structure on the following page..

https://www.udacity.com/course/android-developer-nanodegree--nd801

you can see the individual courses that comprise the nanodegree. These are free to access.
    You don't get the benefit of code reviews and coaching support etc though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Boxman wrote: »
    In case you're not aware, or for anyone else reading, you don't have to pay for the course content if you don't mind just learning by yourself and are not necessarily interested in the certificate.
    True, but why would someone with two years working experience in Android development in Android be interested in a course that allows them to "become" something they already are?

Advertisement