Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation in Dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    does anywhere know of any Buddhist mediation groups that do evening meditation in Dublin. I am a beginner but would like to explore. I am aware of the Buddhist centre courses that are 170e and there is a place on camden street at 8e a pop, but I wouldn't feel completely at ease doing these.

I would like to ease myself into this and sort of have an issue with paying for mindfulness lol
    I have no problem making a voluntary contribution but paying for mindfulness just doesnt add up for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

guile4582 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    does anywhere know of any Buddhist mediation groups that do evening meditation in Dublin. I am a beginner but would like to explore. I am aware of the Buddhist centre courses that are 170e and there is a place on camden street at 8e a pop, but I wouldn't feel completely at ease doing these.

I would like to ease myself into this and sort of have an issue with paying for mindfulness lol
    I have no problem making a voluntary contribution but paying for mindfulness just doesnt add up for me.

Hi Guile
    The way you think and behave, will show you what you are mindful and not mindful of, for instance you don't seem to be mindful of what others may have to give by necessity to provide a space and facilitate any sort of meditation classes, rooms usually have overheads such as rent, rates in Dublin are not cheap, electricity, water, heating or cooling, the people facilitating have to eat and drink and pay other living expenses, most of which are fixed rates and voluntary contributions just dont cut it with landlords and utility providers.

Sit in a park breathe in the air all around you, this is free, look outside of the park everything costs money to build and maintain and run, this is not free,
    be mindful of when your thinking expects others to carry you (latwttb), there is a reason why people put a fixed cost on things, it's because others will, do, or could take advantage of their generosity, the world is full of givers and takers of energy, in one form or another, mindfulness is being aware of which one you are. if you cannot afford the fixed price ask for a discount, but if you can, pay it, mindfulness starts with an open mind, let go of your fixed opinion that paying for it doesn't add up, sometimes its the voluntary contributions that don't add up to cover the costs of the venue, letting one fixed opinion go could change you whole life, letting them all go will change your whole life.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

thank you.

I simply can't afford these rates and it is a shame, because I would love to discuss ideas and thoughts with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

guile4582 wrote: »
    thank you.

I simply can't afford these rates and it is a shame, because I would love to discuss ideas and thoughts with others.

That's not what you said in your OP, you said you have an issue paying for mindfulness, paying for it doesn't ad up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

..that does indeed play a part too, sorry I didn't feel the need to address that part after your lengthy explanation about costs.

I would indeed feel different/pressurised if I fork out money for the experience

Advertisement