Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Complaint Advice- Screw in food

Options
  • 13-07-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for advice, I had lunch in a well known hotel in Dublin City centre last Friday afternoon, I ordered a lamb sandwich and chips, the sandwich came but there didn't seem to be much meat on it.
    I don't normally complain so i carried on, i bit into the second half of sandwich only to bite down onto something harder than id expect to find, i pulled the object out of my mouth and it turned out to be a full screw and washer, I called over the bar staff and gave him the item and he went and got the manager, the manger turned and gave the meal for free(although i didn't eat too much of it) and said they'd be in touch, i said i wanted contacted as it was serious, its now 4dayson an heard nothing, Am i over reacting and what should i do ??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Worth contacting them for an update first I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

It's worth thinking about this: what is your desired outcome? It sounds like you weren't injured or otherwise overly negatively affected by the experience, so it hardly seems that there's any kind of compensation due (beyond the cost of your meal, which was offered and accepted). Are you just looking for an apology? If so it's poor form that you haven't heard from them already.

If I were you I'd be sending an email marked FAO The Manager once again outlining the incident and stating that you're disappointed not to have heard back as promised, and that their lack of contact suggests to you that they are not taking the incident seriously and as such you'll be advising everyone you know to steer clear. Who knows, you might get a grovelling apology and a voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just wondering, if you checked your sandwich to see there's not much meat on it, would you have noticed the screw then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd lodge that with the FSA. If they cant keep stray mechanical objects from the food what does it say about their preparation environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

ED E wrote: »
    I'd lodge that with the FSA. If they cant keep stray mechanical objects from the food what does it say about their preparation environment?

Do this OP, if screws are ending up in your sandwiches, who knows what is happening elsewhere!

• Advertisement
Advertisement