Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar V800 Sports Watch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Try www.Gottarun.ie - you should have it by end of the week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭JoeCole26

Anyone ever tried fitnessdigital.ie? Reliable?Thinking of buying watch there, €40 cheaper than gottarun.ie

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never heard of them, gottarun will be shipped directly from Galway and if you've any issues they'll be on the ball to help you out, get replacement etc
    Fitnessdigital.ie looks like it's based overseas, so may not be as easy if anything deos go wrong. Have bought from gottarun numerous times myself as have many others on here.

Never heard of them, gottarun will be shipped directly from Galway and if you've any issues they'll be on the ball to help you out, get replacement etc
    Fitnessdigital.ie looks like it's based overseas, so may not be as easy if anything deos go wrong. Have bought from gottarun numerous times myself as have many others on here.

Thanks, took your advice and ordered with GottaRun.

Just on this, ordered last Weds evening. Received email Thurs morning saying the watch was out of stock, have been chasing them since for an update with little success (they said they would ring me twice with an update but no calls from them). I rang again this morning, and they still don't know situation. Won't be ordering from the website again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Just on this, ordered last Weds evening. Received email Thurs morning saying the watch was out of stock, have been chasing them since for an update with little success (they said they would ring me twice with an update but no calls from them). I rang again this morning, and they still don't know situation. Won't be ordering from the website again.

I have ordered from fitness digital a couple of times. They are Spanish based. deliver within 48 hours with DHL. Never had a problem after three orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Anyone ever tried fitnessdigital.ie? Reliable?Thinking of buying watch there, €40 cheaper than gottarun.ie

Thanks

Same as the above poster. I used them recently and while it raised a bit of an eyebrow shipping from elsewhere while using the .ie address - sure enough i was in my hands as quick as they promised. Was happy enough with using them, if that helps with the idea of using them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have had multiple orders with them and never been anything but 100% satisfied. in fact gone above and beyond on a couple of occasions when i was stuck. be very surprised if this wasn't resolved quickly and to your satisfaction

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hugo93

I use Polar myself and find them much better than Garmin. Very few suppliers of it though. I have dealt with both websites buying Polar products. I actually found fitness digital to be expensive although delivery was prompt. Never had any trouble with gottarun and the employees know the product very well.

Maybe the issue is you leaving it till the last moment to order? Not always the best idea. I know I have been in similar situations with online retailers and you just have to be patient. It is differant to buying things in stores.

V800 is a great product though. Polar are committed to future proofing it unlike Garmin who outdate their products very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hugo93 wrote: »
    I use Polar myself and find them much better than Garmin. Very few suppliers of it though. I have dealt with both websites buying Polar products. I actually found fitness digital to be expensive although delivery was prompt. Never had any trouble with gottarun and the employees know the product very well.

Maybe the issue is you leaving it till the last moment to order? Not always the best idea. I know I have been in similar situations with online retailers and you just have to be patient. It is differant to buying things in stores.

V800 is a great product though. Polar are committed to future proofing it unlike Garmin who outdate their products very quickly.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes Polar have future proofed with BTLE
    yes Polar have future proofed with wifi connectivity
    yes Polar have future proofed with ability to deploy apps

• Advertisement

I mean updates lol! I don't need the gimmicks garmin offers, just solid build quality and a attractive interface. Each to their own, personnally I couldn't wear a 920xt into work, were I can wear my v800.

I mean updates lol! I don't need the gimmicks garmin offers, just solid build quality and a attractive interface. Each to their own, personnally I couldn't wear a 920xt into work, were I can wear my v800.

Fair enough. Probably the most appropriate use of a v800 - as a dress watch as not much use in training.

tunney wrote: »
    Fair enough. Probably the most appropriate use of a v800 - as a dress watch as not much use in training.
    Now Now no need for this tread to become a Polar/Garmin fanboy show down!

Now Now no need for this tread to become a Polar/Garmin fanboy show down!

I have four polars and two garmins.

The v800 was a profound disappointment to all.

Advertisement