Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭SeanW

osarusan wrote: »
    Crazy buch of social justice warrior loons.
    They're the other side of the coin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

SeanW wrote: »
    They're the other side of the coin.
    They're campaigning for their own version of social justice.

That's why it's a meaningless term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Dafucck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Where the hell do they get these ideas from? Did they bang their heads and think it should be the 60's again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Celtic People's Party of Ireland?

"... is a political organisation committed to preserving and promoting our Celtic culture and people..."

http://www.rbfilm.com/courses_pdf/UT129.pdf

Bigots are generally wrong about what they oppose. They're funny. Especially in this case, when, on the very first sentence of there website they're factually inaccurate about what they're for.

Whatever it was the ancient people of Ireland was, it wasn't Celtic. We were on the fringes of Celtic Europe, but the indigenous population, despite having a fondness for curly swirly carving in stones, weren't celts. Celts only began to trickle in around 600 BBC. Neolithitic monuments, that in the popular imagination are thought of as Celtic, predate the celts by several thousands of years.

It's a Victorian romanticism, invented by some Welsh dude who's name escapes me. It's kinda cool to think of ourselves as Celtic, what with the mead and Mel Gibson painting himself blue an stuff.

If there's anything funnier than a bigot, it's a bigot who doesn't know who he is.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

But are CCP inciting people to hatred? And hatred of what/who?

Black people for one set of people. Did you view the posts listed??

Inciting fear of a race of people is inciting hatred. Quite surprised that this has to be spelled out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

endacl wrote: »
    Whatever it was the ancient people of Ireland was, it wasn't Celtic.
    The whole idea of a celtic culture seems to be somewhat unlikely now. The people of north west europe where celtic in that they seem to have been hospitable to each other and traded ideas and culture. There are definitely some common themes throughout northern Europe but it highlights nothing more than these people were in contact with each other. There probably was a lot of crossover in religious mythology that gave them some common ground but they were probably just separate clan groups that did there own thing for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ScumLord wrote: »
    The whole idea of a celtic culture seems to be somewhat unlikely now. The people of north west europe where celtic in that they seem to have been hospitable to each other and traded ideas and culture. There are definitely some common themes throughout northern Europe but it highlights nothing more than these people were in contact with each other. There probably was a lot of crossover in religious mythology that gave them some common ground but they were probably just separate clan groups that did there own thing for the most part.
    B-b-b-b-b-ut..... the druids? and Stonehenge?!? They're not misty and magical and Celty?!? You're saying its all a fabrication? a fiction?!? :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Apparently "Keltoi" pretty much meant "those feckin' northern barbarians" anyway.

Also, they have a particularly charming way of referring to black people as "the negroes". Not to mention one lovely comment about God ordaining that they live in Africa. The "or else" was fairly implied. They don't seem quite sure what they want to do about homosexuals. They can't quite come out and say "deport/kill'em all" so they dance around it by saying that homosexuals that are openly all homosexual and stuff are committing crimes but of course we should all love our neighbours and it[s not -illegal- to be one...until they can get away with it.

So another tiny crackpot party that everyone will ignore it is then. Nasty bunch. I do love how they keep saying "when we get power" as if there's a chocolate kettle's chance in hell of it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Any political party that wants to do away with taxes and yet give full employment within 5 years and turn Ireland into a technological and manufacturing powerhouse has my vote. lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

MadsL wrote: »
    Black people for one set of people. Did you view the posts listed??

Inciting fear of a race of people is inciting hatred. Quite surprised that this has to be spelled out to you.

Could you spell out some more things for me, please? I viewed the links in the OP. I also looked at the fb page about the white man stabbed 30(?) times by the black man. I cannot find where "fear of a race" is promoted.

Having read through their (CPP) description on the FB page, I can find no mention of superiority/inferiority regarding race. They want to control immigration. Then again, I only read what was written...I didn't read 'between' the lines.
    Besides, the issue is about a mosque proposed for Tralee. Islam/Muslim isn't a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Could you spell out some more things for me, please? I viewed the links in the OP. I also looked at the fb page about the white man stabbed 30(?) times by the black man. I cannot find where "fear of a race" is promoted.

Having read through their (CPP) description on the FB page, I can find no mention of superiority/inferiority regarding race. They want to control immigration. Then again, I only read what was written...I didn't read 'between' the lines.
    Besides, the issue is about a mosque proposed for Tralee. Islam/Muslim isn't a race.

Can't see race baiting?
    https://www.facebook.com/cppireland/photos/a.1464778517147368.1073741829.1464682590490294/1464778313814055/?type=1

So because they're just being sectarian it's ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

I think the best approach is to deny such Nazi nut jobs the oxygen of publicity. They'll only fed off publicity, even if it is largely negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Have a look at the various FB pages these guys have and look at the images. Take a look at their Google+ page and the references to neo-nazism. Imagine for one second you are an immigrant or a black person or that their stuff is aimed at the Irish and see what you think. They don't just have an issue with immigration, they have an issue with anyone who isn't a white, Irish. They consider Irish women who have relationships with black men - even Irish black men - as traitors.

Nodin wrote: »
    Can't see race baiting?
    https://www.facebook.com/cppireland/photos/a.1464778517147368.1073741829.1464682590490294/1464778313814055/?type=1

So because they're just being sectarian it's ok then.

I actually find that pic funny!

Sectarianism doesn't bother me. I tolerate the sectarians in the North (on both sides) and will tolerate these ones too.

• Advertisement

I actually find that pic funny!.

Aren't you the card.
    Sectarianism doesn't bother me. I tolerate the sectarians in the North (on both sides) and will tolerate these ones too.

Assholes killing each other over religion doesn't bother you.....like when three young kids are burnt to death in a fire started because their mother was one of the 'others'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

Wow, I never knew Ireland had its own KKK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

A Kerry anti-Islam group, eh? They'll be the crowd going around gathering up all the cheesecloth and burning it. :pac:

Aren't you the card.

Assholes killing each other over religion doesn't bother you.....like when three young kids are burnt to death in a fire started because their mother was one of the 'others'.
    Aren't I just!

Correctamundo! Assholes killing assholes doesn't concern me in the slightest...whether it's religion, politics, flags or whatever reason they 'struggle' for/against. I'd happily let them tool-up and openly engage each other in some remote part of this Island.
    Why mention the 3 boys? A lot of other innocent people died at the hands of assholes in the North. Were their lives less important? Or are you trying to use their death - which I had absolutely no part in, or power to prevent - to try and somehow tarnish me for not opposing people opposing the building of a mosque? If the CCP start bombing innocent civilians in the name of their cause, then my views may change but as long as it's peaceful protest, I won't deny them their right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Well then you can't fuccking read
    Wow, I never knew Ireland had its own KKK.

The Orange Order would be close enough I'd say. Not as bad as the KKK, mind, but not a whole lot better either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

Did anyone see that ad last night on RTE One for an Orange Cultural Centre in Northern Ireland? (around 9.30pm) I thought it was a really weird thing to advertise on national Irish television.

Aren't I just!

Correctamundo! Assholes killing assholes doesn't concern me in the slightest...whether it's religion, politics, flags or whatever reason they 'struggle' for/against. I'd happily let them tool-up and openly engage each other in some remote part of this Island.
    Why mention the 3 boys? A lot of other innocent people died at the hands of assholes in the North. Were their lives less important? Or are you trying to use their death - which I had absolutely no part in, or power to prevent - to try and somehow tarnish me for not opposing people opposing the building of a mosque? If the CCP start bombing innocent civilians in the name of their cause, then my views may change but as long as it's peaceful protest, I won't deny them their right.

Are you a member of the CPP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

When did the Celts commit genocide ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I think the best approach is to deny such Nazi nut jobs the oxygen of publicity. They'll only fed off publicity, even if it is largely negative.

I can see your point, but it's also good to expose such ignorant & backward thinking idiots for the muppets they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I can see your point, but it is also good to expose such ignorant & backward thinking idiots for the muppets they are.

I don't know - that argument is based on the premise that giving them exposure will always make people realise what backward-thinking idiots and muppets they are.

But given their existence* in the first place, we have to accept that some sad people can buy into this bullsh!t.

*Having said that, I am not sure it is a given, the whole thing could easily be the work of one or two loons/trolls.

Well then you can't fuccking read
    I can read. I can punctuate also.
    eviltwin wrote: »
    Are you a member of the CPP?
    No. Are you?

I can read. I can punctuate also.

No. Are you?

No I'm not.

Aren't I just!

Why mention the 3 boys? .

Because they were victims of the sectarianism you have no problems with. The sons of a catholic and a protestant, killed because their parents wouldn't keep to their own.

Because they were victims of the sectarianism you have no problems with. The sons of a catholic and a protestant, killed because their parents wouldn't keep to their own.

Have cpp firebombed houses, shot people, or detonated explosives in civilian areas?
    How your mental process equates opposing the building of a mosque with firebombing children as they sleep escapes me. (that's not an invitation to enlighten me on it)

Forgot to add: being sectarian doesn't mean one is a terrorist. You see, not everyone applies the same connotations to that word that the nordies do.

Have cpp firebombed houses, shot people, or detonated explosives in civilian areas?
    How your mental process equates opposing the building of a mosque with firebombing children as they sleep escapes me. (that's not an invitation to enlighten me on it)

Sorry, but you stated

• Advertisement

When did the Celts commit genocide ?

"The Celts" is like saying "when did humans commit genocide" though. The Celts are a whole bunch of different peoples and almost certainly have made reasonable attempts to wipe out other tribes and factions every so often. Probably counts, unless you claim the Celts as being one race and thus needing to be trying to wipe out a whole different race.

The Irish ones were pretty good at kidnapping and slavery though. Wales got raided a lot. Oddly enough, bar mentions of St Patrick, we don't tend to talk about that much...

Sorry, but you stated

refer to addition #80

Sectarianism isn't terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

I think the best approach would be to have an honest debate about immigration and a clear and coherent immigration policy framed in the context of what is best for the country. It's the head in the sand approach to immigration that's fueling such groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Samaris wrote: »
    "The Celts" is like saying "when did humans commit genocide" though. The Celts are a whole bunch of different peoples and almost certainly have made reasonable attempts to wipe out other tribes and factions every so often. Probably counts, unless you claim the Celts as being one race and thus needing to be trying to wipe out a whole different race.

The Irish ones were pretty good at kidnapping and slavery though. Wales got raided a lot. Oddly enough, bar mentions of St Patrick, we don't tend to talk about that much...

I was being facetious As the party name. :D

refer to addition #80

Sectarianism isn't terrorism.

It's bigotry and stupidity of the worst kind which has plagued this country for centuries. It leads to discrimination and violence.

It's bigotry and stupidity of the worst kind which has plagued this country for centuries. It leads to discrimination and violence.

Humans are rational beings with an inherent capacity for irrational behaviour. If some people want to oppose a mosque being built in Tralee, I've no intention of stopping them from doing so. I don't care if their protest is motivated by prejudice, racism or genuine fear of a growing muslim population and the perceived dangers associated. This is a Republic (supposedly) and people are allowed to protest. You are free to counter-demonstrate.

Immigration is going to be an issue in Ireland fairly soon* (if the boats keep arriving at the same rate) and if we're going to discuss the topic, any view that doesn't correspond to the seemingly 'popular' view must not be silenced before being heard. As witnessed on this thread, the judge and jury have been dispensed with and the executioner is positioned. All because of a facebook page?

* if Ireland will have to take a proportion of the immigrants as proposed by the EU.

Humans are rational beings with an inherent capacity for irrational behaviour. If some people want to oppose a mosque being built in Tralee, I've no intention of stopping them from doing so. I don't care if their protest is motivated by prejudice, racism or genuine fear of a growing muslim population and the perceived dangers associated. This is a Republic (supposedly) and people are allowed to protest. You are free to counter-demonstrate.

Immigration is going to be an issue in Ireland fairly soon* (if the boats keep arriving at the same rate) and if we're going to discuss the topic, any view that doesn't correspond to the seemingly 'popular' view must not be silenced before being heard. As witnessed on this thread, the judge and jury have been dispensed with and the executioner is positioned. All because of a facebook page?

* if Ireland will have to take a proportion of the immigrants as proposed by the EU.

What line do you draw then? Is it acceptable to deny the holocaust and agitate for racial war? Or should there be laws to prevent hate speech?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

What do you expect when they say "Anal sex is against the laws of God and nature" or "Serves this idiot libtard right. There is a very good reason why God ordained that negros be located in Africa...."

Any idiot can have an opinion, it doesnt save it being incredibly stupid. Immigration is ok, god helped to build a big boat before! Well that was an impressive immigration debate, who needs facts. Just claim you are being silenced when nobody will take your theory that gay black people come from the moon.

It's a good thing the "good guys" destroyed Hitler otherwise we could never have had the "Liberal" agenda producing this kind of aberration.

This is the group that just keeps on giving. The native white, redheaded, Christian Celtic natives of Ireland are something that needs to be protected.

• Advertisement

I was being facetious As the party name. :D

You might be, but those lunatics aren't. Reading through their manifesto is the nicest possible cover for the hate and bile on their facebook.

I was on their facebook page and the urge to have a go at nearly every post was so overwhelming that I had to close it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

eviltwin wrote: »
    Yep, they are also extremely pro life, want to bring in national service for all young people and believe a woman's place is in the home. Their Facebook page is a hoot of racist, homophobic crap.
    Good to see that Christian fundamentalism is alive and well in Ireland!

What line do you draw then?
    I don't draw lines; the Govt. has legislation. If I did "draw" lines, the difference between legal and illegal wouldn't be based on what I find to be personally offensive.

Is it acceptable to deny the holocaust and agitate for racial war? Or should there be laws to prevent hate speech?

Is denying the holocaust illegal?! (I think in Germany and Austria, people can be sanctioned but what about Ireland?) Does someone denying the holocaust mean it didn't happen? Does denying the holocaust mean that it will definitely happen again? If denying the holocaust is so bad, what's your stance on the anti-Israel internet-fad that resurfaces every few months?

Who is agitating for a racial war? Islam isn't a race. CPP want to oppose the building of a mosque. They are attempting to do this by lodging an objection to Kerry CC when planning permission is sought. Perfectly legal means.

I don't know Irish Laws relating to "hate speech". If they are implemented to prevent incitement to illegal actions against people, then they will be a good thing. If they are used by a group to silence opponents who dare criticise them or their movement, well...

What do you expect when they say "Anal sex is against the laws of God and nature" or "Serves this idiot libtard right. There is a very good reason why God ordained that negros be located in Africa...."
    Is the anus a sexual organ? Actually, don't answer. Some mod will card me for taking the thread 'off topic'...
    As for the "libtard"...well...if he had a gun, would he have been stabbed 30-40 times? (I know I wouldn't but that's me...I'm not afraid of guns)

Was that second para. directed towards me also? It made little sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Perhaps because I'm out foreign at the moment, I read this thread as "...group protests mosquito in Kerry" and I thought, "Fcuk it, the little bollixes are everywhere"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ah Islam. A fine "race".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is the anus a sexual organ? Actually, don't answer. Some mod will card me for taking the thread 'off topic'...
    As for the "libtard"...well...if he had a gun, would he have been stabbed 30-40 times? (I know I wouldn't but that's me...I'm not afraid of guns)

Do you want us to have the same murder rate as the US? Actually don't answer that, some gun nut might try to track me down and shoot me for questioning the safety of guns.

Oh, this victim card is just sooooo much fun to play!! :)

I don't draw lines; the Govt. has legislation. If I did "draw" lines, the difference between legal and illegal wouldn't be based on what I find (..........................) or their movement, well...

More blather. No wonder the 12th is a hatefest every year.

You really expect people to take a group seriously who think the laws of their god matter?

And people say its the muslims we need to watch out for.

I don't draw lines; the Govt. has legislation.
    And i have already posted the legislation, some of their racial posts are incitement to hatred as far I can call, of course the legislation is weak, and in my view should be strengthened.
    f I did "draw" lines, the difference between legal and illegal wouldn't be based on what I find to be personally offensive.

Where did I say that I believed it should be? I'm not personally offended, I'm disgusted at the propagation of hate speech in society, it's something no society should tolerate.
    Is denying the holocaust illegal?! (I think in Germany and Austria, people can be sanctioned but what about Ireland?) Does someone denying the holocaust mean it didn't happen? Does denying the holocaust mean that it will definitely happen again?

Not in Ireland, however FB has global reach, so it clearly breaches the law in some EU states as you have pointed out.
    If denying the holocaust is so bad, what's your stance on the anti-Israel internet-fad that resurfaces every few months?

I try not to pay attention, but having had some business dealings with Palastinians, I have huge sympathy for the conditions there and the struggle against Israel - but that's OT.
    Who is agitating for a racial war? Islam isn't a race. CPP want to oppose the building of a mosque. They are attempting to do this by lodging an objection to Kerry CC when planning permission is sought. Perfectly legal means.

Did you miss the posts on the facebook page linked to above?

But racial hate groups are sly when it comes to propaganda, nothing that appears illegal but the scaremongering and race baiting is clear to see.
    Try this gem on their Dublin page:

I don't know Irish Laws relating to "hate speech". If they are implemented to prevent incitement to illegal actions against people, then they will be a good thing. If they are used by a group to silence opponents who dare criticise them or their movement, well...

Depends if the group is associated with any of the nine grounds of discrimination in my view. Clearly the law needs to be strengthened, and the trend towards "offence" laws is a bad thing; I don't want groups like this sanctioned because I'm offended, they should be sanctioned because any decent, normal society finds this behaviour unacceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Muckracker

Personally I can't wait for the muslims to take over. I'll be the first to convert. I'm going to take full advantage of it. I'll come home and wife no 1 will be making dinner, wife no 2 will give me a massage, wife no 3 will get 40 lashes for dressing immodestly.

Praise Allah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement