Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish anti-Islamic group protests mosque in Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Saipanne wrote: »
    Ah Islam. A fine "race".

Can we put this nonsense to bed please?

Discrimination laws in Ireland have nine grounds, two of them race and religious belief.

Your statement is as nonsensical in this debate as it is to say "women, not a religion - therefore they cannot be discriminated against"

Muckracker wrote: »
    Personally I can't wait for the muslims to take over. I'll be the first to convert. I'm going to take full advantage of it. I'll come home and wife no 1 will be making dinner, wife no 2 will give me a massage, wife no 3 will get 40 lashes for dressing immodestly.

Praise Allah.

Only 1–3% of all Islamic marriages are polygynous. Just so you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Hate speech is free speech

People shouldn't be put in prison for hurting other people's feelings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Muckracker

MadsL wrote: »

And I'll be one of them. I'll have my harem.

And I'll be one of them. I'll have my harem.

What country do you plan to live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Details f***ing shmetails. It's so much more fun to pretend to ourselves that all Muslims are involved anything negative, even if only a small minority do that (demographics and statistics be damned). But don't you dare do that with Christians... or else!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Muckracker

What country do you plan to live in?

The Islamic Republic of Ireland. I trust you will be submitting to will of Allah too. Or will I have to report you to the morality police? Because I will.

People shouldn't be put in prison for hurting other people's feelings

Group repeatedly propagates hate speech that advocates burning churches, a church is burnt and 12 people die. Does the group have any responsibility in your view?

Free speech does not equal the right to spur people to illegal acts of violence against innocent people.

The Islamic Republic of Ireland. .

Don't hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Nodin wrote: »
    More blather. No wonder the 12th is a hatefest every year.
    That's why neither the Republic nor the UK 'want' NI...too much hatred and a reluctance to let it go.

And people say its the muslims we need to watch out for.
    man cuts soldiers head off in London; Parisian magazine office workers shot up; tourists on beach gunned down; rogue group, with intentions of forming new state demolish antiquity, behead civilians (men, women and children) and force children to execute soldiers publicly....yes, that sounds like the work of Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Hindu's/

And i have already posted the legislation, some of their racial posts are incitement to hatred as far I can call, of course the legislation is weak, and in my view should be strengthened.

Tl;dr.
    If you think a crime has been committed, contact the Gardai. Internet activism is no substitute for fulfilling your civil duties.

• Advertisement

man cuts soldiers head off in London; Parisian magazine office workers shot up; tourists on beach gunned down; rogue group, with intentions of forming new state demolish antiquity, behead civilians (men, women and children) and force children to execute soldiers publicly....yes, that sounds like the work of Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Hindu's

Without even going into the other three religions listed there, just go and look up the Lord's Resistance Army, Eastern Lightning, The Army of God, The National Liberation Front of Tripura, the white supremacist Phineas Priesthood, the murder of abortion doctors and bombing of Planned Parenthood clinics in the US, the Atlanta Olympic bombings, and so on and so on.

Do you remember the massacre of six American Sikhs in their temple in 2012?
    What about the 15+ year long harassment of George Tiller, ending in his murder in 2009?
    What about the guy who shot up the church full of kids in Tennessee as a 'protest' against abortion?
    Or when that airplane was flown into an IRS building?

Are they ringing any bells? All of these happened in the last few years alone. If you have not, don't worry... when Christians do it, it's "a sole nut job" or "cultist offshoot" or whatnot. When Muslims do it, it's "a Muslim terrorist group".

If Christians want to hold others up to a standard, the very least they could do is make sure we hit that minimum standards themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Hmm I don't care, the muslim immigrants will be just as if not more homophobic than they even are...two evils, don't care which side gets its way

Anyone feel those posts fall within this legislation?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1989/en/act/pub/0019/sec0002.html#zza19y1989s2

Of course they do, theyre highly insulting and most definitely do stir hatred

There's pages seperated by county too. I count at least 10k likes roughly, probably some overlaps too ofc. I really thought as an open nation we would be past this. Clearly a minority of dumbasses.

10k is nothing when you think about it..its just like one town full of crazy people in the whole country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

wakka12 wrote: »
    10k is nothing when you think about it..its just like one town full of crazy people in the whole country

The 10k is from across the country, and probably abroad too. 10k would be approximately half the population of Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

man cuts soldiers head off in London; Parisian magazine office workers shot up; tourists on beach gunned down; rogue group, with intentions of forming new state demolish antiquity, behead civilians (men, women and children) and force children to execute soldiers publicly....yes, that sounds like the work of Christians/Jews/Buddhists/Hindu's/

Thank the Celtic gods that stopping them from having a mosque will prevent all of that from happening here. I was a bit worried about who would hate "protect" us from the gays, women and black people but it seems they have volunteered to ensure gods law is our law. I hope we both get a chance to show out support. I'll start making a few wooden t's we can burn in the black peoples gardens. They stand for "time to go". Could you go and get us some ghost costumes?

Billy86 wrote: »

What about the 15+ year long harassment of George Tiller, ending in his murder in 2009?
    What about the guy who shot up the church full of kids in Tennessee as a 'protest' against abortion?
    The airplane was flown into the IRS building in Austin, TX, 2010 by AJ Stack. He left behind a rant about taxation, Govt. and big businesses. No mention or affiliation with Christian group.
    The Sikh temple was attacked by a white-supremacist...no mention or affiliation with a Christian group.
    The Knoxville shooting, according to Wikip. was "a politically motivated fatal shooting". The investigating officers, ah why bother schooling you..
    George Tiller: Roeder had one known meeting with Army of God founder. All right, we'll give you that one on account of your efforts. Tiller was shot as he left church.
    Oh those Christians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thank the Celtic gods that stopping them from having a mosque will prevent all of that from happening here. I was a bit worried about who would hate "protect" us from the gays, women and black people but it seems they have volunteered to ensure gods law is our law. I hope we both get a chance to show out support. I'll start making a few wooden t's we can burn in the black peoples gardens. They stand for "time to go". Could you go and get us some ghost costumes?

Non flammable ghost costumes....just be safe like.....don't want to end up like John Joe....burnt blacker than the fellah he was harrassin...awful sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Without even going into the other three religions listed there, just go and look up the Lord's Resistance Army, Eastern Lightning, The Army of God, The National Liberation Front of Tripura, the white supremacist Phineas Priesthood, the murder of abortion doctors and bombing of Planned Parenthood clinics in the US, the Atlanta Olympic bombings, and so on and so on.

Are they ringing any bells? All of these happened in the last few years alone. If you have not, don't worry... when Christians do it, it's "a sole nut job" or "cultist offshoot" or whatnot. When Muslims do it, it's "a Muslim terrorist group".

If Christians want to hold others up to a standard, the very least they could do is make sure we hit that minimum standards themselves.

I am neither Christian nor Muslim but this attempt at whataboutary is weak beer. If you were to divide Christian atrocities by Muslim atrocities in the mast decade it would round down to zero percent.

• Advertisement

Are you feeling okay? Your posts make less sense the more you write. You seem to confuse supporting an organisation's right to protest with supporting the organisation. If you can maintain intelligent conversation, I will continue replying to you...

Group repeatedly propagates hate speech that advocates burning churches, a church is burnt and 12 people die. Does the group have any responsibility in your view?
    Well, they didn't burn the church down did they? Besides, what is considered hate speech in this day and age is too subjective.
    Free speech does not equal the right to spur people to illegal acts of violence against innocent people.
    Aren't people responsible for their own actions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. Its not. Free speech is limited by law. In Ireland that means its limited currently by the Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 and Article 10 (2) of the European Convention on Human Rights

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

No. Its not. Free speech is limited by law. In Ireland that means its limited currently by the Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 and Article 10 (2) of the European Convention on Human Rights

And don't forget that Blasphemy law that a certain person threatened to use in Relation to France.

Besides, what is considered hate speech in this day and age is too subjective.

Many courts and parliaments have in fact defined hate speech

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What line do you draw then? Is it acceptable to deny the holocaust and agitate for racial war? Or should there be laws to prevent hate speech?

It should be legally acceptable yeah. As it already is. About as legal as denying or understating the famine, or frankly ignoring British culpability and blaming the Irish for not fishing enough, or choosing to eat potatoes ( a decision forced upon them). Or any other human caused famine. It should be legal, but not necessarily acceptable in polite conversation, to deny anything. Blame the Ukrainians for Stalins famine. Deny the Armenian genovide. Can't see why morons should be jailed.

Race war would be covered under incitement to violence.

• Advertisement

No. Its not. Free speech is limited by law.
    Just because something is law, doesn't make it right or just.

The point is you are wrong. Hate speech is not free speech.

Terry Pratchet

Many courts and parliaments have in fact defined hate speech
    To their own subjective opinion, which varies by country or state. Ask people on the street about their opinion on what constitutes "hate speech". You will get many different opinions.

Given the anti-Catholic violence in the UK every year, when are we expecting the arrest of Dawkins ( or Fry).

To their own subjective opinion, which varies by country or state. Ask people on the street about their opinion on what constitutes "hate speech". You will get many different opinions.

Of course because there are different contexts in different countries and cultures.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

It's hate speech to condemn the Armenian genocide in Turkey and hate speech not to in France. Both parliaments should arrest each other.

The point is you are wrong.
    Why? Because its the law?

Slavery and apartheid were once legal, proof that legality doesn't govern morality.

Of course because there are different contexts in different countries and cultures.
    Which proves my point that hate speech is far too subjective to be criminalized. If someone makes a hateful or untrue statement, they should be challenged in open debate. Punishing something just pushes it underground.

Ahhh yes, I remember now.....you were the guy who used have some BNP splinter group as sig.

Given the anti-Catholic violence in the UK every year, when are we expecting the arrest of Dawkins ( or Fry).

....never knew the Orange Order were fans of either. Though Fry is a big fecker....they might give him the lambeg.

Ahhh yes, I remember now.....you were the guy who used have some BNP splinter group as sig.
    No?

Also, nice job at trying to associate me with the far-right as a way of disproving my points. Can't refute them properly?

The airplane was flown into the IRS building in Austin, TX, 2010 by AJ Stack. He left behind a rant about taxation, Govt. and big businesses. No mention or affiliation with Christian group.
    "Relatives described him as a devout Christian and father of six who loved his white cowboy hat and frequently gave to charities."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-pilot-joe-stack-crashed-plane-austin-building-kamikaze-attack-apologizes-article-1.195791

Funny how here, despite committing a terrorist act, they use his religion to try and paint him in a positive light! :pac:
    The Knoxville shooting, according to Wikip. was "a politically motivated fatal shooting". The investigating officers, ah why bother schooling you..
    All of his motivations were/are teaching of the borderline fundamentalist Christian Right movement. Switch him to a Muslim and we all know what the reaction would have been.
    George Tiller: Roeder had one known meeting with Army of God founder. All right, we'll give you that one on account of your efforts. Tiller was shot as he left church.
    Oh those Christians!
    Actually, he continued to receive threats and face public vilification from the Christian far right right up until he was murdered. Maybe you weren't paying attention when Christian Right channel FOX News was referring to him as 'Tiller the Baby Killer'

No reply about the LRA, Army of God, Eastern Lightning, etc no?

Indeed. It's hate speech to condemn Islam in Islamic countries and increasingly so in western countries, but Christianity is ok to attack in either.

As is atheism. Hate speech, being different in every country with different contexts condemns atheists to death in religious countries, while we can be without recrimination by law be condemned to external damnation by imans and priests in Western countries. Which isn't apparantly hate speech.

And we can't condemn religions? If your ideas on how religions should be criticised are no different from a medevial Pope or an ayatollah it might be time to burn your liberal card. Religion is one form of ideology and if it can't be criticised then we live in a theocracy. Maybe just arrest Dawkins -- have the courage of your evidential fascist convictions -- and be done with it.

No?

Might be I'm confusing you with someone else.
    Also, nice job at trying to associate me with the far-right..................

Well, as above, I could be confusing you with somebody else. We can clear it up easily.

So you believe that "white" and "black" people are equal?
    You have no concerns regarding the percentage of either of a population?

"Relatives described him as a devout Christian and father of six who loved his white cowboy hat and frequently gave to charities."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-pilot-joe-stack-crashed-plane-austin-building-kamikaze-attack-apologizes-article-1.195791

Funny how here, despite committing a terrorist act, they use his religion to try and paint him in a positive light! :pac:

All of his motivations were/are teaching of the borderline fundamentalist Christian Right movement. Switch him to a Muslim and we all know what the reaction would have been.

Actually, he continued to receive threats and face public vilification from the Christian far right right up until he was murdered. Maybe you weren't paying attention when Christian Right channel FOX News was referring to him as 'Tiller the Baby Killer'

No reply about the LRA, Army of God, Eastern Lightning, etc no?

I'll reply. All bad. Btw you seem to be doing something you abhor in others. Assuming you are replying to a Christian ( you could well be just throwing that argument to whataboutary about in random fashion) asking him to "explain himself" or referencing Christian atrocities is the kind of generalisation you seem keen to make illegal in other contexts.

• Advertisement

Might be I'm confusing you with someone else.

Well, as above, I could be confusing you with somebody else. We can clear it up easily.

So you believe that "white" and "black" people are equal?
    You have no concerns regarding the percentage of either of a population?

You'll be expecting a perma ban if that's not true of course?

You'll be expecting a perma ban if that's not true of course?

He can't be banned for answering either. They're questions that can be answered with "yes" or "no" , and are deliberately phrased that way.

He can't be banned for answering either. They're questions that can be answered with "yes" or "no" , and are deliberately phrased that way.

No. It's a loaded question. He can deny it but who is going to search all his posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

These guys the CPP only have 55 fb likes so whats the problem? No one is taking them seriously.

They are a predictable reaction to Europe's changing demographics same as Fox news in the USA has got crazier the more the US gets less white. The thing is Europeans are not having babies and these groups are threatened by that. I think the fertility rate is one child per female whereas muslim women have 4 and the overall rate is 1.59 with maintenance needed to be 2.1 overall.

Thats why these groups want to start a babies arms race. Because the way they look at it whoever has more babies wins look at the catholics in the North, they used to be a minority.

Its quite strange when you think of it. With a birth rate of 1.59 we would all be extinct in a couple of hundred years if that rate remained unchanged. Without immigration Europe would be a ghost continent.

If you look at evolutionary history the only times birth rates fall among populations are in times of great stress usually famine or war. Europe has had neither of these for 70 years so it must be some other reason that humanity has not encountered up until this point.

None of us will have to worry about it.

That's why neither the Republic nor the UK 'want' NI...too much hatred and a reluctance to let it go.

Tl;dr.
    If you think a crime has been committed, contact the Gardai. Internet activism is no substitute for fulfilling your civil duties.

Funny how you mention NI!! - without a blink about the levels of Christian sectarian violence! Now you can bluster that away as sectarian rather than religious, and I can point out that most Islamic terrorist violence is political/sectarian but you choose to depict it as religious.
    I am neither Christian nor Muslim but this attempt at whataboutary is weak beer. If you were to divide Christian atrocities by Muslim atrocities in the mast decade it would round down to zero percent.

How many dead in the Troubles? More or less than 9/11? How many in Bosnia at the hands of Serbs?
    Well, they didn't burn the church down did they?
    Osama didn't fly the planes.
    Aren't people responsible for their own actions?

Yes. All of them. All the actions.

I'll stick with the authorities account of what motivated these actions, not your 'pulled from a website' analysis.

No, no response about LRA, Eastern Lightening...their actions haven't made news here in Ireland.

So, to wrap up my interactions with you: are you opposed to people objecting to the proposed building of a mosque in Tralee or do you think they have a right to object?

These guys the CPP only have 55 fb likes so whats the problem? No one is taking them seriously.

They are a predictable reaction to Europe's changing demographics same as Fox news in the USA has got crazier the more the US gets less white. The thing is Europeans are not having babies and these groups are threatened by that. I think the fertility rate is one child per female whereas muslim women have 4 and the overall rate is 1.59 with maintenance needed to be 2.1 overall.

Thats why these groups want to start a babies arms race. Because the way they look at it whoever has more babies wins look at the catholics in the North, they used to be a minority.

Its quite strange when you think of it. With a birth rate of 1.59 we would all be extinct in a couple of hundred years if that rate remained unchanged. Without immigration Europe would be a ghost continent.

If you look at evolutionary history the only times birth rates fall among populations are in times of great stress usually famine or war. Europe has had neither of these for 70 years so it must be some other reason that humanity has not encountered up until this point.

None of us will have to worry about it.

The reason is western lifestyle, babies are an unnecessary burden for many younger western men and women who care about their personal life, their job, their friends and travelling. Not putting them down I respect that choice, but thats the exact reason. Often when western men and women finally decide they want to start a family the woman may be too old to give birth.
    Muslim women are traditional and generally don't indulge the western lifestyle, they stay at home, often don't go to college and care for their children , thats their 'job' and theyre happy with it.

Both are respectable life choices, but if Europeans don't want to go extinct then they will have to change their ways.

wakka12 wrote: »
    if Europeans don't want to go extinct then they will have to change their ways.

Europeans = people who live in Europe.

Extinct indeed! Nonsense.

If you mean ethnically white then say it.

Europeans = people who live in Europe.

Extinct indeed! Nonsense.

If you mean ethnically white then say it.

Oh well I thought that was implied. I did mean that. I don't think its racist to not want the indigenous ethnic group of Ireland and other european countries to go extinct

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

It wouldn't appear to be happening anytime soon as birth rates are falling in Europe not just stagnating? More than likely what will happen is we will mix our genes in with the dominant group and they will survive that way.

Still its interesting why a subset of a species would behave like this.

Advertisement