Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsheathed PVC singles in Mini-trunking

Options
  • 13-07-2015 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Can anyone clarify this for me please - I don't have a copy of the regs to hand.

Is it permitted to run pvc singles in mini-trunking in a domestic situation, therefore using the mini-trunking as the only mechanical protection ?

Thanks in advance.

NB That is, unsheathed singles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I couldn't see why not no differnce to placing in plastic copex, I have seen mini trunking taken from the likes of dado to let's say a socket below desk level. But depends on the location I think. Once there not jumping through joists naked so to speak ha.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Nothing wrong with your suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fed up sick and tired

Thanks to you both, appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

nothing wrong as long as entire length of PVC has complete mechanical protection in form of plastic or steel containment including all joints and unions.

Advertisement