Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maxx Bench - no more need for spots on bp

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I dunno after getting smashed on a max lift the last thing I wanna do is start moving my feet around.

Seen everyone going wild over this.

A good rack with adjustable spotter arms is just as good.

But, technology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Hanley wrote: »
    I dunno after getting smashed on a max lift the last thing I wanna do is start moving my feet around.

Seen everyone going wild over this.

A good rack with adjustable spotter arms is just as good.

But, technology.

...basically, yeah. It is a cool idea though, it's one of those "how the hell didn't I think of that" inventions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Unless it's not much more expensive than an ordinary bench, I can't see many commercial gyms investing in them

"Let them eat cake ask for a spot"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Unless it's not much more expensive than an ordinary bench, I can't see many commercial gyms investing in them

"Let them eat cake ask for a spot"

I think it'll be $1.5k lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

As well, it's grand for the lad in the video hitting the pedal when he's probably benching at 50% or something relatively low.

Like Hanley said, not so easy when you're pinned with a max.

Then there are bench set ups (like this, for example) that don't have an independent bench (or safety bars) so a gym would have to replace them with a new lot of benching stuff.

Not like it's much of a USP to generate a return.

Still though, I like the engineering of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

For someone training at home it's probably a better idea than for a gym, but $1500 is probably way out of range for just a bench.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

For someone training at home it's probably a better idea than for a gym, but $1500 is probably way out of range for just a bench.

It's about 3x the cost of a power rack and bench too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it'll be $1.5k lol

They were selling initial orders for $775, I'd assume that a commercial launch would be less than $1500.
    Thats about what commercial benches cost though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i am well impressed by this - damn good thinking .

Advertisement