Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop in Dublin/elsewhere that welds/repairs steel

Options
  • 13-07-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Just wondering if anyone knows a shop that could repair a snapped off cable stop for a rear cantilever brake on a steel frame ? A small welding job I think .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

small welding job for sure...but one you want done right..

brendan whelan
    http://www.bicycledesigncentre.com/....frame builder -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

small welding job for sure...but one you want done right..

brendan whelan
    http://www.bicycledesigncentre.com/....frame builder -

A friend of mine had a bad experience with the above recently - personally I would not recommend him/them and would look for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

any suggestions ? They seem to be the only place doing that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Bump of a not-so-old thread

A friend needs an old steel frame welded at the bottom bracket (not sure if it's worthwhile).

Years ago I had a dropout welded by somebody with a back laneway unit in Rathmines. The bit went on for years following this cheap repair (before crack in the headtube). I can't quite remember where this was and don't know if they're still in business. Does anybody know who this is? I received a recommendation to that place from Communting Solutions in Rathmines, but they can't recall who this either?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Thud

boombang wrote: »
    Bump of a not-so-old thread

A friend needs an old steel frame welded at the bottom bracket (not sure if it's worthwhile).

Years ago I had a dropout welded by somebody with a back laneway unit in Rathmines. The bit went on for years following this cheap repair (before crack in the headtube). I can't quite remember where this was and don't know if they're still in business. Does anybody know who this is? I received a recommendation to that place from Communting Solutions in Rathmines, but they can't recall who this either?

Any ideas?
    Not Dublin but there a guy up in Antrim building steel bikes (coast road cycles)might be able to help if you need a proper job or point you in right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Al Wright

Any car body repairer should easily do a fine enough weld repair using the correct equipment. (most shops are equipped with MIG welding equipment, with fine current settings for thin steel panels)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

A fella on Grantham st off Camden st did a mig weld for me a while ago on the chainstay at the back wheel, not the tidiest, but it was covered in crap first wet day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

A fella on Grantham st off Camden st did a mig weld for me a while ago on the chainstay at the back wheel, not the tidiest, but it was covered in crap first wet day.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I think this might be the ticket. I think it can be crude enough.

Cheers.

Advertisement