Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only Connect

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is what I was referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

I noticed it but I believe it was intentional. Loins is an anagram of lions and all the clues were anagrams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Proving once again that the job of Only Connect is to make me realise I am not as smart as I think I am. One it does admirably on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Hahaha same here. I got that question right and I think one other one so that was definitely a successful night for me 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yep, I saw that, but assumed it was ironic/intentional.... didn't get the clues though, never having seen the Lion King!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

It's a pity they won't have Irish teams on it. It's UK residents only. I contacted Victoria on twitter once to check this and she very nicely wrote back and confirmed this. Shame, because I'd love to go on it :(

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Same, I'd love a go at this or pointless but can't enter. My brother and a friend of mine would make a right to of it I reckon, not sure what "interesting" fact they'd have about me on the intro though 😅

Countdown used to let ROI contestants on, maybe they still do, a colleague was on once, she was beaten by an octo champ so no shame!

I was on countdown years and years ago!! Lost out to the eventual series runner up, a wily auld fella.

I would never, ever set foot near OC, would love a go at Pointless though! Or the Chase.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I was on Countdown a few years back too. Lost to an octochamp as well. I had him on the ropes going into the final stretch but faded badly! I remember being wrecked after waiting around all day to have my go. Didn't realise that they shoot 5 episodes in a single day and I was on last! Glad I lost actually, because then I was able to enjoy the free hotel in Manchester for a couple of days :) Only connect is probably less pressured because you are part of a team and not sitting under a massive ticking clock!

• Advertisement

I was on the first show/filming of the day, and yer man had already won one of "last weeks'" shows the previous day, so had a serious advantage on me! No rehearsal, no warm-up time, just straight into it, except he'd been there before. That was my excuse anyway, and I'm still sticking to it. I was like a rabbit in headlights for the first two rounds - once I got going I matched him round for round but it was too late by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any idea why VCM is wearing a wig on tonight's show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

No but I did wonder why she wore big red glasses on a previous show.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

People on twitter reckon it's been taskmaster tasks she's doing.

End of another era...

I think it was time though, as sad as I am to see him go, he had slowed up a lot in the last series.

(Am I right in thinking that most recent UC discussion was in this Only Connect thread??)

Only Connect

University Challenge

New series of both start on Monday 17th July at the usual time.

• Advertisement

The new set, graphics and presenter on UC are a disaster!

Amol Rajan starts off at a hundred miles an hour, and by the finish of the programme is spitting questions and answers out so fast I can't understand a word he's saying. And he has absolutely no charisma or interaction with the contestants.

And that girl team captain tonight was sooooo annoying on about 15 different levels.

Just makes me appreciate Only Connect all the more, though 😍 I am SO happy it's back on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I think these first round episodes of OC have been harder than previous series round one, I'm haven't gotten as many correct as I remember in other years.

I agree on the set of UC, it's too bright or something.

I don't think it's fair or decent to be making personal comments about the contestants though, so I'll leave that to others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And now the connecting wall..

https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections

Monday 12th August

8pm. Only Connect. First of 28 episodes.

8.30pm. University Challenge. First of 37 episodes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00220dv

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00220dy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Means the summer is coming to an end 😩

• Advertisement
Advertisement