Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring a GSM Dialer

Options
  • 13-07-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

I have installed a GSM dialer tonight and all is wired correctly but before I begin programming the SIM I just want to check something.

It says that you first need to set a MASTER number so that the dialer can be configured. The question I have is, what is the MASTER number? Is it simply the number on the SIM card or is it a random number?

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depending on the unit it may be the number that the unit must be programmed from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The unit is an Advent Security GSM Dialer if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

logik wrote: »
    I have installed a GSM dialer tonight and all is wired correctly but before I begin programming the SIM I just want to check something.

It says that you first need to set a MASTER number so that the dialer can be configured. The question I have is, what is the MASTER number? Is it simply the number on the SIM card or is it a random number?

Cheers,

It sounds like you need to set up a master code or engineer code which is used to access the system to set it up.

The unit is an Advent Security GSM Dialer if that helps?

Looks like it is a phone number.
    This is all on youtube here.

altor wrote: »
    Looks like it is a phone number.
    This is all on youtube here.

Yes, I have watched this video but it is not very clear. I mean, I dont have 2 mobile phones to use one as a Master and it does not say if the Master number he uses in the video is the one to use for all the dialers.

• Advertisement

I got it to work in the end, MASTER number is simply the number of the device you want to allow to make changes to the dialer so in 99% of cases, it is going to be your own mobile number.

I got it to work in the end, MASTER number is simply the number of the device you want to allow to make changes to the dialer so in 99% of cases, it is going to be your own mobile number.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Advertisement