Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great spec laptop

Options
  • 13-07-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hey looking to buy a laptop for general home use and maybe some college work...

Looking to spend about €600 could spend €700 if the spec was worth it.

Looking for
    Windows 8(going to upgrade to 10)
    8gb ram minimum
    1T hard drive
    lightweight
    HD screen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 darragh.S

If you want trusted brands like dell you can try the dell inspiron 15-5558.
    There are cheaper laptops out there but these are some nice laptops with some dedicated graphics if you ever want to try your hand at some gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

All of those are pretty standard specs. Makes much more sense to go for fast 250gb SSD and small portable (but up to 1tb storage) HD than slow 1 tb HD on laptop. You don't need Win 8 - you can upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7. TBH I think you'd be well adviced to have a look on Adverts - I've bought and sold many a reliable decent spec laptop there. If you buy one with core i5 or i7 cpu you'll sell it again easily enough whereas if you buy a new with Celeron or AMD cpu you'll have difficulty selling.

Advertisement