Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firing Conveyance Solicitor

Options
  • 13-07-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I'm very unimpressed by the lazy attitude of my conveyance solicitor and wish to fire her. At this stage the booking deposit has been paid, nothing has been signed. What fees would I be liable for if any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'm very unimpressed by the lazy attitude of my conveyance solicitor and wish to fire her. At this stage the booking deposit has been paid, nothing has been signed. What fees would I be liable for if any?

You should have a letter detailing fees. If you were on a fixed fee I'd expect to pay hourly for what ever has been done. You'll probably find you don't save much over the fixed fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

It could take longer to go through the hassle of firing her, getting the file moved and briefing a new solicitor. Conveyancing can get drawn out even with a decent solicitor. Are you sure the problem lies fully with her? Maybe a strongly worded email outlining the frustration would kick her into gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭june2015

Your Solicitor isn't based in Tallaght by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I will let her know my frustration tomorrow. No, she's not in Tallaght

Advertisement