Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a good amount of savings for a student?

• 13-07-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm just after finishing 5th year.. been working all summer.. I currently have 6700 euro in my credit union.. saved 1200 euro in the past 6 weeks.. hope to save another 800 before the summer is out.. is this a good amount of savings to have for someone my age I would like to know? Having 7k at 17 years of age in my credit union is that good? By the way I've worked hard during Christmas and last year to save it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

Sounds very good! Trade places?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That is seriously a very impressive amount of money for a 17 year old, well done.

Stands you in good stead for the future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I only had about 500 euro when I was 17 so you're doing very well. Keep it up, be sensible with your money but also learn to enjoy it and you'll be doing great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Good lad. Seriously good money to have.
    Car fund and insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

As my grandmother used to say, spend a little and save a little..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 buckelyjohn123

Will spend a bit at end of summer

Hopefully going to book flights to the states for holiday next summer to see family in Boston ! Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 6 buckelyjohn123

Good lad. Seriously good money to have.
    Car fund and insurance?

No won't need a car I don't think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am 33 and I have 3.96 in my bank account so yea, you are pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

I think this is a great amount for someone of any age, but 17 is impressive.

well done to you

Advertisement