Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Textiles

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Aerostitch one piece Roadcrafter here. Expensive but fantastic kit. I got it when the exchange rate was a lot more favourable!

I can wear a suit and tie if need be under it and stow it in the top box when I arrive at a meeting, so the only clue I am on a bike is the boots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Paulw wrote: »
    I went with the RST Adventure kit. http://www.rstireland.ie/rst-adventure-textile-jacket

Probably a bit more expensive than your budget.

I like it though. Jacket and trousers. Modular - inner warmth lining, waterproof lining and then armoured jacket/trousers. Great for all weathers. Plenty of pockets for items too.

If anything, I should have gone for one size smaller, but then again, it's not too loose so I can feel the armour in the right spots.

Probably gonna order this next week. Was thinking of getting a large but I might have to measure. Is there any bricks and mortar stocking it at the moment ?

Also any recommendations for gloves ? Winter/waterproof preferable

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I think Bikeworld stocks RST

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151156492540?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So gonna pick this up either during the weekend or after. Very tempted to got for the black/silver but I have a funny feeling Ill spend most of my time trying to keep it clean (in comparison with all black). Are there any shops in Dublin that stock it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151156492540?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So gonna pick this up either during the weekend or after. Very tempted to got for the black/silver but I have a funny feeling Ill spend most of my time trying to keep it clean (in comparison with all black). Are there any shops in Dublin that stock it ?

I have that exact one and got mine in Bikeworld. I haven't had to clean it yet, but I don't mind mine being a little "used". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I've an email out to that guy seeing if he actually has stock. TBH I'd be surprised if he is -- Bikeworld, SportsBikeShop and RST themselves are out of stock until end of september -- was in BW this morning.

Shame since there seems to be very little of that quality at that price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Well after 3 years of biking without rain gear I've decided to buy some. It's not that I get wet but it's a pain drying out the gear for the next day. I think most here recommend richa rain warrior 2 piece so I'll get that. Does €65 for jacket and trousers seem right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

That seems pretty good, where are you getting them for that price? Last year I was going to get them for 80.

Btw, are the prices of the rst gear in bikeworld resonable? Or better getting online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Bandito909 wrote: »
    That seems pretty good, where are you getting them for that price? Last year I was going to get them for 80.

Btw, are the prices of the rst gear in bikeworld resonable? Or better getting online?

Motorcycleshop.ie or ebay.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I've an email out to that guy seeing if he actually has stock. TBH I'd be surprised if he is -- Bikeworld, SportsBikeShop and RST themselves are out of stock until end of september -- was in BW this morning.

Shame since there seems to be very little of that quality at that price point.

What a pity ... Would the rest of the RST gear would be similarly sized ? If I try a large on in a different style RST jacket would it transfer over to the Adventure?

Any chance you could let me if you manage to find somewhere that has it in stock? Its gonna cost €70 P&P if I wanna change sizes so Id rather not have to go through that.
    Well after 3 years of biking without rain gear I've decided to buy some. It's not that I get wet but it's a pain drying out the gear for the next day. I think most here recommend richa rain warrior 2 piece so I'll get that. Does €65 for jacket and trousers seem right?

I actually have the Richa Rain Warrior suit, picked it up in cotters. I paid around the same for it as well. It seems to keep most of the rain off but I've found some wet patches (Lower back, inside elbow, stomach) after about an hour of rain ... Dunno if its poor sizing (My textile jacket is XXXL at the moment while the rain suit is only L) or if its down to quality. Dont loose the netted bags that it comes in! Very handy for storage!

• Advertisement

What a pity ... Would the rest of the RST gear would be similarly sized ? If I try a large on in a different style RST jacket would it transfer over to the Adventure?

Any chance you could let me if you manage to find somewhere that has it in stock? Its gonna cost €70 P&P if I wanna change sizes so Id rather not have to go through that.

Crossans have a bit of the black it seems, going to run up to them the weekend. Rather the silver but I'm not going to cry over it.

RST stuff seems to fit fairly universally, or they claim to at least. So if you go in and find a Paragon or Ventilator jacket that fits I'd say you're safe enough getting the same size in something else.

I might end up waiting it out, I have decent leathers and a richa teletubby suit in the meantime. Probably beats the hell out of the oxford starter textiles I have that leaked like a sponge the other day.

Crossans have a bit of the black it seems, going to run up to them the weekend. Rather the silver but I'm not going to cry over it.

RST stuff seems to fit fairly universally, or they claim to at least. So if you go in and find a Paragon or Ventilator jacket that fits I'd say you're safe enough getting the same size in something else.

I might end up waiting it out, I have decent leathers and a richa teletubby suit in the meantime. Probably beats the hell out of the oxford starter textiles I have that leaked like a sponge the other day.

Crossans would be a fair old treck for me although if thats the only place ... Might give a few places a call around Dublin Saturday morning and see if anywhere has it in stock.

To be honest the stuff Im wearing now (old Lookwell textiles) needed to be replaced after my first year of riding. Its way oversized, has multiple rips, is missing armour pieces and has so many holes in its pockets its not even funny! I just wanna get some decent gear before the winter rolls in because I couldn't last another if its anything like last year in the same gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Crossans would be a fair old treck for me although if thats the only place ... Might give a few places a call around Dublin Saturday morning and see if anywhere has it in stock.

To be honest the stuff Im wearing now (old Lookwell textiles) needed to be replaced after my first year of riding. Its way oversized, has multiple rips, is missing armour pieces and has so many holes in its pockets its not even funny! I just wanna get some decent gear before the winter rolls in because I couldn't last another if its anything like last year in the same gear

I am heading to crossans on sat if anyone wants anything or price on gear, even for sizing.

Thats the problem with my generation ... impatience!

Ordered it this morning :o I went for XL in both pieces in Black/Silver! Will let you know how it fits/feels once it arrives!

Thats the problem with my generation ... impatience!

Ordered it this morning :o I went for XL in both pieces in Black/Silver! Will let you know how it fits/feels once it arrives!

Where'd you find it? I found a 4XL jacket on fleabay, after a couple of emails to sellers where a load of them had the 4 week wait time. I think sportsbikeshop have some sizes.

Where'd you find it? I found a 4XL jacket on fleabay, after a couple of emails to sellers where a load of them had the 4 week wait time. I think sportsbikeshop have some sizes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151156492540?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the user I bought off. Delivery estimate is from the 4th till the 9th of September ... Fingers crossed it'll be the earlier date but I wont hold my breath! Came to €688 all in. You thinking of getting one or you gonna wait till you can size it in a shop ?

Looking at around €60-70 for postage if I need to change sizes which isn't the end of the world really. I'd be more annoyed about the delay than the cost!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151156492540?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the user I bought off. Delivery estimate is from the 4th till the 9th of September ... Fingers crossed it'll be the earlier date but I wont hold my breath! Came to €688 all in. You thinking of getting one or you gonna wait till you can size it in a shop ?

Looking at around €60-70 for postage if I need to change sizes which isn't the end of the world really. I'd be more annoyed about the delay than the cost!

Nah, I know sizes. I emailed that very guy and he doesn't have my size. I'm a more well-upholstered gent so a 4XL Jacket/3XL Pants was still on the long-ass wait time.

4-9 sounds like it's in stock, happy out.

Well looks like I'm waiting till the 21/09 for my size to come in!

The RST Adventure II stuff arrived today! Very excited for the commute to work tomorrow now haha!

Ended up going for an XL in both trousers and jacket. Probably could have went 1 size smaller in the trousers but the jacket is a perfect fit. The knee pads are still in the right location so I dont think I will bother get em changed. Not sure how much delivery would be though ... Very very comfortable. Nearly too many zippers/pockets though! Its gonna take me a few weeks to find em all.

Have used mine for a couple weeks, with just the waterproof layer in. Very comfortable. I got the bottoms off sportsbikeshop and ebay for the jacket.

Very good gear, I was out on a spin with some lads from on here in medium heavy rain for the day and was perfectly dry, had jeans and a tshirt on under all the gear and didn't even change when I got home. Cracking gear.

Very little to complain about - however one thing to watch for is that the orange mesh parts can stick to the hook part of the velcro - the velcro on the waterproof layer has made the mesh inside the main jacket go a bit ratty. Nothing major though.

• Advertisement

PaulW or Gerrowdat ... Just wondering if you guys have any advice for aftercare stuff for the RST textiles ? How do you guys wash it ? Remove all the layers and just throw it in the washing machine for a delicate cycle or something ?

Same with water proofing, have either of yous used the two part water-proofing shampoo you can get ? Would be sweet if it were possible to just buy a replacement waterproof layer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

This may sound bad, but I haven't yet washed mine. :rolleyes: It is still fairly clean, to me. A little character on it, but not filthy. I haven't even looked at the washing/cleaning instructions.

Same. I have no plans to wash them. Maybe hose them down outside if they get properly mucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PaulW or Gerrowdat ... Just wondering if you guys have any advice for aftercare stuff for the RST textiles ? How do you guys wash it ? Remove all the layers and just throw it in the washing machine for a delicate cycle or something ?

Same with water proofing, have either of yous used the two part water-proofing shampoo you can get ? Would be sweet if it were possible to just buy a replacement waterproof layer.

Jaysus don't wash it ever, any properties for water repellant will be gone. Go out in the rain and job done!!! If you really OCD spray it with fabreeze lol. I have the paragon II set for 3 yes and never washed just " maintained " so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jaysus don't wash it ever, any properties for water repellant will be gone. Go out in the rain and job done!!! If you really OCD spray it with fabreeze lol. I have the paragon II set for 3 yes and never washed just " maintained " so to speak

Water repelland actually washs itself out after a while with use, its only the Dirt that is keeping the weather out.

There is various options available to wash repellant back into clothes.

Having used them i can atest to Nikwax

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001RE3FLO/ref=pe_2012091_79172501_em_1p_0_ti

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Ahh I spend a lot of time in it, not only with commuting but walking around college during the day etc.

I was under the impression that the waterproofing was all contained in one of the layers so could be removed if you were washing it.

I think my dad has used the Nikwax stuff before so might give it a try on the textile layer when the time comes!

Advertisement