Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Square, Finglas

Options
  • 13-07-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Has anybody ever lived in Premier Square or currently live there? What's it like? I'm looking at some apartments somewhere in the area (Glasnevin/Drumcondra preference) and I notice these are quite a bit cheaper than a lot of other apartments in the area. I'm wondering is there a catch?? I know the area a little bit and I think it's OK, but maybe I'm missing something?

http://www.daft.ie/sales/apt-228-block-9-premier-square-finglas-dublin/1072721/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Friends lived there and we also looked at buying there in late 2013.

Things that concerned them was
    Electric heating
    Difficult to retain heat / mould
    Anti social behaviour, strong element of less desirable social tenants (not all are bad, but those considered rougher around the edges were in abundance)
    High number of rentals

We were put off by the high fees, how cold several of the places we visited were, and the large number of kids roaming around (especially the righ hand side of the development at the rear). Getting to the M50 is tricky unless you perform an illegal u-turn at the lights by Craigie Court. There is a lack of visitor parking, and the clampers belonging to Prospect Hill across the road are vigilant about non resident cars.

If this is the area you are looking in, I'd avoid both Prospect Hill and Premier Square, and consider Lanesborough and Hampton Wood. Seagrave and Melville are again at the cheaper end of the spectrum, with higher levels of rentals.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/139-hampton-wood-avenue-finglas-dublin/1063043/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cian79

Hi,is anyone familiar with the premier square development on finglas road.
    Thinking of buying an apartment there and looking for information.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rainmann

Cian79 wrote: »
    Hi,is anyone familiar with the premier square development on finglas road.
    Thinking of buying an apartment there and looking for information.
    Thanks

I bought a place here in March. I was originally looking at Glasnevin but was out of my price range so opted for Premier Square, which is actually very close to some of the apartments I was looking at in Glasnevin. In terms of location, I find it pretty good, it's close enough to town and there a bus stop right outside. The complex itself is gated and has security at night so you don't get randomers rocking up. It's close to the likes of Tesco and Lidl and out of the way of any of the 'rough' areas. The people I've encountered living in the appartment have all being nice, I was a bit worried when moving in about there being a lot of council appartments and anti-social behaviour but from my experiance, seems minimal. There is a owners whats app chat that I am a member of and sometimes people comment about kids playing and making noise (while everyone is working from home) but it hasn't impacted me, there are a good few kids playing but they are young, 10ish years old but they are grand, mainly with forign parents (A LOT more polite than some of the local ones that used be running round stoneybatter where I lived before), During the night time it's dead quiet which is good. On the downside, the management fee is 1750 euro which is a bit of a pain but it does cover bins, there are elavators and electic gates too, so understandable. Also, there is not that much green area, I usually go across the road to tolka park for a walk. The apartments are electic which is supposed to be more expensive, will have to wait and see on this but my first bills weren't much (prob a good bit more in winter). One other thing I just thought of - Some of the apartments are quite close to the main road so could be a bit noisy.

Advertisement