Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong DOB entered on travel insurnace

• 14-07-2015 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

hi guys, I need to claim on my travel insurance for missed transport. I just looked at the claims sheet they provided (with them prefilling the DOB area) and it's wrong by a number of months (although I'm still the same age as I would be as if it was correct)

Will they reject a claim on this basis? Should I inform them? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,050 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When you originally took out cover did you enter the correct DOB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I've no idea tbh - I'm usually quite good with double checking stuff however I've noticed that the DOB provided is the date I purchased the policy three months ago but with my year of birth. The initial policy conformation email doesn't list my DOB so I've no way of checking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Just a quick update, apparently my insurance provider doesn't actually ask for the date of birth, only just the age - so that's why it was displaying like that

Advertisement