Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel 2007 - Help with formulas

Options
  • 14-07-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hello people,

I need some help with formulas because I don't really work with Excel that much, well with formulas anyway.

I have a sheet with data .... data, time, instance number, difficulty level 1-4, and some more detail no needed for this really.

I need to get a count for each difficulty level for all the instances within a 2 hour time period, on each day. I know that on some days there will be 10 really hard (level 1) and 2 the next day, i.e. random amounts, and random amount at the various difficulty levels.

How do I go about doing that? I know its an IF, to look at the difficulty column and see the level 1-4 and count that but I just need to get the total for each 2 hour period in any given day. What's the best way to approach that?

The data will be in the first sheet and the formula will go into the second sheet, and the second sheet has a date for each day, so I can use that to verify the date. The time frame (every 2 hours) I'm not sure how to check that.

Please help as its fairly urgent now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you actually looked in the Excel help at the count function and conditional statements?

Personally I'd just create a quick VBA macro to create a two dimensional array. Rows are the time periods, columns the level of difficulty the values the count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

You would definitely get a free solution here ....
    http://stackoverflow.com/

Your question is not very clear so you should include a sample workbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

FSL wrote: »
    Have you actually looked in the Excel help at the count function and conditional statements?

I have and Countifs looks to be the best for what I need.

Advertisement