Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im building a pc and i need help

Options
  • 14-07-2015 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, im building a pc and i need to know if everything is compatable,
    Im getting these

Gpu, r9 280 xfx

Cpu, amd fx 8320

Mobo, gigabyte atx am3+

Case, aerocool gt advanced mid tower

Ram, 8gb 240 1866

Wifi, d-link powerline adapter 500 kit

Psu, corsair 550w

Os, windows 8/8.1/10

Storage, 1tb 3.5 hdd and a 120gb 2.5 ssd

Fans, coolermaster 120mm blue led

Total, 640-690€

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah it's fine, I'd strongly recommend an Intel based build though, as before. Do you want a parts list?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LAMENO92

Yes please but its got to be under 680€

First, is this strictly a gaming PC?

Zalman Z4 €20
    500w PSU €60
    8gb RAM €50
    1tb HDD €55
    250gb SSD €85
    H97 board €70
    i3 4160 €115
    R9 280X €195 second hand.

Might be a bit closer to €700 than you want but larger SSD so your call. Can get cheaper motherboards or PSUs to bring price down a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Simple as changing board to S1150 and getting an i5-4460. Shouldn't cost much more and will be way stronger for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LAMENO92

Thanks for the help but i couldn,t get the i3 and a few other things at a similer price to what you,re saying and im trying to go with an amd system and some overclocking but the i3 dosn,t do it and its not Just going to be used for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

LAMENO92 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help but i couldn,t get the i3 and a few other things at a similer price to what you,re saying and im trying to go with an amd system and some overclocking but the i3 dosn,t do it and its not Just going to be used for gaming.

See lemon that is why it's advised to use the forum template so people can help you build around your intentions.

cuts out alot of guesswork.

Advertisement