Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids playcentre with a theme

Options
  • 14-07-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has experience or can offer advice setting up a kids play centre? What I have in mind I don't think anyone else is doing.

Thanks for all replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

with all that info, I am stunned that you have not had at least 20 replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I have a cousin who run a number of childcare facilities, and I see the following link has a step by step guide for opening childcare in Ireland.

http://www.earlychildhoodireland.ie/operating-a-service/setting-up-a-childcare-service/

I have no affiliation with this website by the way. I just asked her on facebook.

hope this helps,
    Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

I think the poster was asking about setting up a play place, like funky monkey or fun fitness and not a creche.

As I'm sure you know, insurance for these places (if you can get it) will be expensive.

When you say there will be a theme - unless it's Harry Potter land or something similar (for which royalties will be huge), i dont think kids will see a difference between it and any other place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

adrianw wrote: »
    I think the poster was asking about setting up a play place, like funky monkey or fun fitness and not a creche.

As I'm sure you know, insurance for these places (if you can get it) will be expensive.

When you say there will be a theme - unless it's Harry Potter land or something similar (for which royalties will be huge), i dont think kids will see a difference between it and any other place.

Maybe my kids are just easy going, but as long as its well designed, good quality fixtures and executed professionally, non branded themes are just as good fun - sometimes the parents impart unrealistic expectations onto small kids who just want to have a bit of fun and adventure and not necessarily with big brand labels attached...

Everyone needs insurance/heat/light/rates so within reason its a relatively standard cost/sq meter..

TBH the challenge I see is on weekdays, a good center will be busy at weekends particularly if they offer birthday party stuff.. But taking in money during the week surely must be the key to success..
    I was in one last year and they rent space to someone who runs a montessori during the week mornings, they still open as a play center afternoons and weekends but its money coming in for 5 mornings a week, 9 months of the year..

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

_Brian wrote: »
    Maybe my kids are just easy going, but as long as its well designed, good quality fixtures and executed professionally, non branded themes are just as good fun - sometimes the parents impart unrealistic expectations onto small kids who just want to have a bit of fun and adventure and not necessarily with big brand labels attached...

Everyone needs insurance/heat/light/rates so within reason its a relatively standard cost/sq meter..

TBH the challenge I see is on weekdays, a good center will be busy at weekends particularly if they offer birthday party stuff.. But taking in money during the week surely must be the key to success..
    I was in one last year and they rent space to someone who runs a montessori during the week mornings, they still open as a play center afternoons and weekends but its money coming in for 5 mornings a week, 9 months of the year..

just out of curiosity why did you quote what i said?
    Are you responding to me or the original question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

adrianw wrote: »
    just out of curiosity why did you quote what i said?
    Are you responding to me or the original question?

Neither/both or all.
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭gerarda

Thanks for the replies, I don't want to give too much away but it wont be based on an existing label or licensed brand of any kind.

Advertisement