Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »
    Although I know the real reason, Kerrigooney.

I bet you wanted nothing more than to get out of bed and go to work, building chairs and other furniture of great necessity for us folk, but alas, you are also too selfless to risk spreading this awful condition among your friends and colleagues, and us poor plebs with our inferior immune systems.

In this sense, you are perhaps the greatest hero this country has ever known.

Today was the first day of a fortnights holidays for me. Bad start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Today was the first day of a fortnights holidays for me. Bad start.

Ah man, that's pretty rough going. Get well soon.

Here's a woofins being tickled.

kwIhNjR.jpg

Awful social in here this evening

3600276-down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

And I've reported all of ye for calling me a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Rumours that De Gea paperwork arrived too late....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

De Gea/Navas deal is off. Apparently the paperwork didn't arrive on time and the deal is dead.

F*ckin hell you think they could've gotten it right on time, but something tells me LVG cut the fax machine's cable before they could send the paperwork.

De Gea/Navas deal is off. Apparently the paperwork didn't arrive on time and the deal is dead.

F*ckin hell you think they could've gotten it right on time, but something tells me LVG cut the fax machine's cable before they could send the paperwork.

Might be the best thing that's happened...now they're stuck with a keeper that doesn't want to play for them.

Might be the best thing that's happened...now they're stuck with a keeper that doesn't want to play for them.

Some saying he already signed a contract with Madrid. Christ almighty they really are in chaos now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hope to christ De Gea isn't in goal in 2 weeks time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Nah he'll get his head together in order to make the euros. Bad news IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

corwill wrote: »
    Where there's a willy, there's a way.
    ^^^ The definitive example of 'too much time on your hands'. :)

It's not too much time you have your hands on.

I feel like Im left out of the social aspect on here lately,lads the beer didnt have herpes.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I feel like Im left out of the social aspect on here lately,lads the beer didnt have herpes.

mqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gafferino wrote: »
    Nah he'll get his head together in order to make the euros. Bad news IMO.

Thanks for editing your post, now the time I spent trying to find a gif of the T1000 meeting his head back together was a waste of time.

T_1000_Headsplit_Original_by_Trekkie313.jpg

Couldn't find one anyway.

Nobody seems to know what's really going on with that De Gea deal. Might go through yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

o.o
    ___

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Utd fans are trying to set a record for the fastest 10,000 posts in the history of Boards...I think they'll do it. Fair play.

Do you remember on Saturday when they were really happy when we lost. :pac::D

And I've reported all of ye for calling me a wanker.

What's this prick yapping on about now!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

monkey9 wrote: »
    What's this prick yapping on about now!! :rolleyes:

I believe the correct term is 'prat'.

I believe the correct term is 'prat'.

Autocorrect!!!! He's just looking for attention at this stage,feigning illness. He's the like the Enrique of the thread.

Grow some balls, gooney!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

I think now the majority of the fan base are in agreement over the Rodgers situation, so there is no need to argue! On another note when is Caovyn Lineagh back? Would like to see his side of the story about Rodgers :P

• Advertisement

I think now the majority of the fan base are in agreement over the Rodgers situation, so there is no need to argue! On another note when is Caovyn Lineagh back? Would like to see his side of the story about Rodgers :P

His ban is up soon I think. I must say I kinda miss his optimism and BR dickriding.

Well played with the post in the humour thread washington :D

He'll be like this threads own version of Daniel Sturridge....back for a week then out for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

He'll be like this threads own version of Daniel Sturridge....back for 4.6 games then out for 3 months.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Enricky could do a job at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

This has been the best meltdown Monday ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wouldn't mind ditching Skrtel and Lovren, and going with Gomez and Sakho at CB for the year, being honest.

Skrtel, I still don't rate as highly as some, and Lovren, well its hard to excuse him when he goes and makes mistakes like Saturday.

It'll probably never happen, but I think you've a shout of having to CB's there that can lay a foundation for the future, in Gomez and Sakho, and you can't really say the same for Skrtel and Lovren.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Where is everyone hailing Skrtel now? He was terrible vs West Ham too & the 3rd goal is classic Skrtel always backing off. Since Skrtel became a regular under Rodgers we have been very poor at the back & its no coincidence.

I haven't been a fan of Skirtel now for some time either. It amazes me how some posters on here were singing his praises after the Arsenal game. In fairness to Skirtel he won a lot of headers in the second half but they kept going straight to the feet of Arsenal players and the pressure was still on us. He did the exact same against West Ham and we got punished in the 3rd minute for it, his clearing header was awful and kept the pressure on us.

Isn't there also some stat out there from last season that says when we lost games Skirtel has started in the defence more times than any other defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I haven't been a fan of Skirtel now for some time either. It amazes me how some posters on here were singing his praises after the Arsenal game. In fairness to Skirtel he won a lot of headers in the second half but they kept going straight to the feet of Arsenal players and the pressure was still on us. He did the exact same against West Ham and we got punished in the 3rd minute for it, his clearing header was awful and kept the pressure on us.

Isn't there also some stat out there from last season that says when we lost games Skirtel has started in the defence more times than any other defender.

As a rule, his Liverpool career has seen him play very well every second season.

It's like we go in a cycle of playing to his strengths and not letting him get too outnumbered - then forgetting that that's what makes him good, and exposing him, then the next season re-learning the same lesson again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »

Not sure about now, but before the season when we came 2nd, his win ratio for us was 33%, or something abysmal.

That Kerrigooney post in the humour thread has me in tears. The fact that it came right after a previous attempt at editing the head, made it even better.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96814968&postcount=4605

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Looks like Tiago Ilori has rejected a year long loan offer from Sunderland after Liverpool granted the player permission to decide on the move.

Also pinch of salt with this "Echo reporting Liverpool are in for Yarmolenko"

Edit : Its from the Echo transfer rumour page. "The Daily Express and Star have joined forces to report that Liverpool are going to make a £14.5m bid for former Everton target Andriy Yarmolenko."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

SSN reporting Jose Enrique to West Brom.

Praise the lord.

That Kerrigooney post in the humour thread has me in tears. The fact that it came right after a previous attempt at editing the head, made it even better.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96814968&postcount=4605

It's great to see him keep his sense of humour as he battles man flu. He's such a little trooper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Negative_G wrote: »
    SSN reporting Jose Enrique to West Brom.

Praise the lord.

Why praise the Lord?

You have to ask the question about where we are depth wise if Enrique was to leave and Ilori is to stay as is reported:
    Mignolet - Bogdan - Fulton

Clyne - Flanagan
    Skrtel - Sakho - Lovren - Toure - Gomez - Ilori
    Moreno

Lucas - Allen - Rossiter
    Henderson - Milner - Can

Coutinho - Firminho - Lallana - Ibe
    Beneteke - Surridge - Ings - Oirigi - Teixera

Issues I see there:

- serious lack of depth of natural fullbacks
    - lack of natural width in the squad generally
    - over compensation at centre half and striker that will limit playing time for players like Ilori / Oirigi / Ings / Teixera (if he stays)
    - a lot of similar type central midfield options

I don't feel like we're in super shape looking at that I must say, and I'm not sure how letting a natural fullback go as of this morning helps our cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Confirmed- #LFC agree deal with West Brom for Jose Enrique.

GIF-Dancing-celebrate-celebration-dance-Ecstatic-happy-happy-dance-joy-success-woo-hoo-GIF.gif

Like no - one else has posted asking questions about the squad depth and distribution. I feel like it doesn't stack up when you lay it out like the above. What's the counter argument? If someone wants to argue that we're well served to challenge on multiple fronts and tactically flexible given our personnel as of today I'm all ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Like no - one else has posted asking questions about the squad depth and distribution. I feel like it doesn't stack up when you lay it out like the above. What's the counter argument? If someone wants to argue that we're well served to challenge on multiple fronts and tactically flexible given our personnel as of today I'm all ears.

I wouldn't argue that, but the departures of Enrique or Borini won't impact that at all. I'd rather we used U21 players than keep them around.

• Advertisement

Blabbing on about lack of width is the latest in here, its replaced defensive coaching.
    Presumably it was mentioned on Match of day or similar before here.
    Yawn.

Enrique couldn't stay fit for more than three games, because of his knees, and that was two years ago. He contributed nothing last year, and it would have been the same this time around as well.

Pointless keeping him.

I don't think we have a lack of width. But when seeing Gomes trying to get in crosses with his weaker foot from the left of the West ham box - that makes no sense. That should be Firmino or Coutinho there, able to cross or trick their way past a FB.

So what we lack is width with pace and using the correct players.

Augeo wrote: »
    Blabbing on about lack of width is the latest in here, its replaced defensive coaching.
    Presumably it was mentioned on Match of day or similar before here.
    Yawn.

That's not really an argument to anything. I don't watch MOTD, but I do think players that naturally stretch the field are a key part of any well balanced and successful squad. Most teams at the sharp end of the CL each year will have such players, whether they be full backs / wide attackers.

Origi & ings having limited playing time due to having too many strikers?

Aside from the sturridge injury concerns & lots of games I'm puzzled as at least one if them was an alleged "meh" signing.

Enrique leaving seen as a loss.

Some folks p1ss and moan habitually it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I get your point. Moreno is our only LB, and Gomez can cover. Without getting into a debate on if they are good or not etc we are very short at LB.

To be honest at this stage I dont really care what BR does with transfers. He's leaving himself short at LB at the end of the day, and although I dont rate Enrique its debatable that a different manager could use him for cover or if he was going to get rid would replace him. I think he's on par with Moreno and without debating it I think its fair to say if people rated Moreno better, it wouldn't be by a whole lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully West Brom can't open his paperwork before the deadline.

That's not really an argument to anything. I don't watch MOTD, but I do think players that naturally stretch the field are a key part of any well balanced and successful squad. Most teams at the sharp end of the CL each year will have such players, whether they be full backs / wide attackers.

Sharp end of the CL?
    You can't compare a team aspiring to qualify for the comp to teams that contest it in the final stages, well you can, from a p1ssing & moaning viewpoint.

Aside from the sturridge injury concerns & lots of games I'm puzzled as at least one if them was an alleged "meh" signing.

Again you're not arguing any point in the above. If the preferred option is one striker and we have four on the books then one of Ings / Oirigi (young players who need to play) will be starved of playing time. And we now have two natural fullbacks fit in the squad and a third who is odds against to return long term.

If someone wants to lay out an explanation of how we have good depth for a potential 60 game season and tactical flexibility I'd love to read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we dont replace him we have one LB at the club. I dont particularly care if he goes, but we will be short. Gomez has been good but he will be found out.

I bet at some stage we'll see Clyne at LB if we dont get in a LB.

I don't feel like we're in super shape looking at that I must say, and I'm not sure how letting a natural fullback go as of this morning helps our cause.

Not sure if you agreed at the time, but after signing Clyne, Milner, Ings, Benteke, Firmino and Gomez, most people here felt the squad looked pretty good for depth. And that was most certainly without counting Balo, Borini or Enrique.

I do think we are light at FB, only really have 3 to choose from, but we may play a back 3 sometimes with Ibe as a wing back. But a late signing for RB cover wouldn't go amiss.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement