Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is Llori done then at us? Anyone else know the strategy behind signing promising youngsters and then not playing them at all?

I would be fascinated to see Rodgers grilled on the transfer activity since he came in, I would imagine he dreads such a question being asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

For all we know theres a hush agreement between Liverpool and Ilori to turn down a permanent move to Villa next season should he do well.

Premier League clubs are usually very reluctant to sign rivals players on loan without an option to buy. Villa surely would have no interest in developing a player for Liverpool's benefit in 12 months unless they felt they were developing him for their own long term gain.

Its a long shot, but Rodgers may have given the lad assurances that he has a future provided he does well.

The fact he is staying in England seems like a concerted effort by Liverpool to see him get experience in the EPL.

That, or else he may not be as good as we had hoped and its a great chance to recoup a nice portion of what was paid for him. I'd imagine Bordeaux and Granada also paid loan fees like Villa did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

klose wrote: »
    I would be fascinated to see Rodgers grilled on the transfer activity since he came in, I would imagine he dreads such a question being asked.

Jaysus I'd relish the opportunity to ask him a few questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dcully wrote: »
    Just heard an alarming stat, we have loaned out or sold 13 of our last 25 buys :eek:

Something wrong there lads.

TC and recruitment policy is well and truly the biggest joke, hopefully it has changed this summer with the latest signings.

FSG are good owners but they got burned by Comolli and Kenny under a DOF model and are afraid to give anyone too much control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rob316 wrote: »
    TC and recruitment policy is well and truly the biggest joke, hopefully it has changed this summer with the latest signings.

FSG are good owners but they got burned by Comolli and Kenny under a DOF model and are afraid to give anyone too much control.

Then why have they just given all of the control to Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They've been burned a lot more since 'The Rodgers' took over....even on Olvren alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus I'd relish the opportunity to ask him a few questions!

Christ, i'd love an honest, off the record, hour to chat to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Then why have they just given all of the control to Rodgers?

That's why I said I hope things have changed, I'd prefer Rodger/manager have control than this collective TC bull****.

People can post lists of fees spent under Rodgers but the reality is we have pissed money up against a wall for a long time before him. Kenny, Rafa, Houllier's, Hodgson all had their fair share of duds. Posters are also getting hung up on the fees, a lot of fees have been £10m or less in todays market that is a pittance, sure championship players are been transferred for that much.

Lallana, Lovren, Markovic stand out as the biggest buys and look like failures no doubt but the rest of our buyers were cheap punts. Certainly quantity over quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Will DDG start against Liverpool in two weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

jpboard1 wrote: »

Good question, be a tricky game to be thrown back in to. The result of that game could decide the fates of a few players and managers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Listen, I'm not gonna pull anyone up on being optimistic. Fair play them, even if that makes them think they're better fans or whatever. But it seems that pessimism is targeted with accusations of "knee-jerk" and "overreaction" after the West ham result. The result against West Ham doesn't bother me. The performance against West ham terrifies me. We didn't look tired, or not bothered. We looked amateur and more exposed, tactically inept and devoid of ideas as I've seen us in ages.

History is repeating itself and revealing a formula for mediocrity, inconsistency and wastefulness, one that still continues to be followed by the owners, Rodgers or both. It's actually too much to ignore at this stage. There's no room under the carpet to sweep stuff, I'm guilty of helping fill that space in the past.

I'd like someone who thinks that fans shouldn't be pessimistic about Rodgers, to explain how things will pan out in their view. What will be the spark that gets the fire going? Sturridge coming back? Madness if you think that's enough. Other teams dropping points too? Hardly makes us a more capable team. 2013/14 can happen again!! We outscored the teams we played. Suarez 31 goals. Gerrard, 13. Sterling, 9. All gone.

I dunno if the new transfers will be any use. The last batch were a failure on the whole. Will Rodgers even utilise the new ones properly? Bring 'em in, loan 'em out, sell 'em at a loss. Happening far too much.

It's fine to be pessimistic if you've made enough excuses and all you want is the best for the club. I doubt many of us would be surprised to see Rodgers gone after 3/4 years if this was another team of the even remotely the same stature.

rob316 wrote: »
    That's why I said I hope things have changed, I'd prefer Rodger/manager have control than this collective TC bull****.

People can post lists of fees spent under Rodgers but the reality is we have pissed money up against a wall for a long time before him. Kenny, Rafa, Houllier's, Hodgson all had their fair share of duds. Posters are also getting hung up on the fees, a lot of fees have been £10m or less in todays market that is a pittance, sure championship players are been transferred for that much.

Lallana, Lovren, Markovic stand out as the biggest buys and look like failures no doubt but the rest of our buyers were cheap punts. Certainly quantity over quality.

I have no problem with big fees if we have something to show for it.

No silverware as of yet under B-Rod

Good question, be a tricky game to be thrown back in to. The result of that game could decide the fates of a few players and managers!

I agree. Many are thinking he will go straight back in but I have my doubts. If his 'head wasn't in the right place', how will that have changed after the monumental f*@k up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Grayditch wrote: »
    Listen, I'm not gonna pull anyone up on being optimistic. Fair play them, even if that makes them think they're better fans or whatever. But it seems that pessimism is targeted with accusations of "knee-jerk" and "overreaction" after the West ham result. The result against West Ham doesn't bother me. The performance against West ham terrifies me. We didn't look tired, or not bothered. We looked amateur and more exposed, tactically inept and devoid of ideas as I've seen us in ages.

History is repeating itself and revealing a formula for mediocrity, inconsistency and wastefulness, one that still continues to be followed by the owners, Rodgers or both. It's actually too much to ignore at this stage. There's no room under the carpet to sweep stuff, I'm guilty of helping fill that space in the past.

I'd like someone who thinks that fans shouldn't be pessimistic about Rodgers, to explain how things will pan out in their view. What will be the spark that gets the fire going? Sturridge coming back? Madness if you think that's enough. Other teams dropping points too? Hardly makes us a more capable team. 2013/14 can happen again!! We outscored the teams we played. Suarez 31 goals. Gerrard, 13. Sterling, 9. All gone.

I dunno if the new transfers will be any use. The last batch were a failure on the whole. Will Rodgers even utilise the new ones properly? Bring 'em in, loan 'em out, sell 'em at a loss. Happening far too much.

It's fine to be pessimistic if you've made enough excuses and all you want is the best for the club. I doubt many of us would be surprised to see Rodgers gone after 3/4 years if this was another team of the even remotely the same stature.

Agree with pretty much everything else but....... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

• Advertisement

Fair play to God. Never misses a birthday.

Not great at preventing injuries though

Daniel's God is surely the proof of the futility of religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I see alot here seem to be like me , wondering wtf is the transfer / recuitment policy or if there is one ?
    Buying young potential and selling them for profit is part of the business , i get that , but to be regularly selling young players for little or no profit or playing time smacks of either wrong scouting or wrong development. .
    Its worrying but as we can all agree uts **** or bust time for BR so we'll see by may i suppose

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play to God. Never misses a birthday.

Not great at preventing injuries though

Hey, today is not the day to go to the Sturridge well, not with all this Enrique mourning going on, it's just a bit insensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not gonna **** the bed and panic just yet, but it is quite disconcerting that we have only played one game whereby you would think, 'great performance', in somewhere around the 17 month mark.

Spurs last year. Time before that would be April 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilori. With an 'i'.

I know a capital 'i' looks a bit like an 'l' (ell), and he never plays for us anyway, but still. You bunch of Loverns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nice to see Sturridge looking up to a former striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

He will probably serve up one of the greatest goalkeeping displays ever seen knowing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

klose wrote: »
    He will probably serve up one of the greatest goalkeeping displays ever seen knowing us.

Not a prayer. That would involve shots on target.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilori. With an 'i'.

I know a capital 'i' looks a bit like an 'l' (ell), and he never plays for us anyway, but still. You bunch of Loverns.

Washington Lrving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

mosstin wrote: »
    Not a prayer. That would involve shots on target.

We will get shots on target, but hit them straight at him. Afterwards, we'll be told it was a goalkeeping masterclass.

Jose Enrique has been on social media to claim he is quitting social media to show he is committed to try and get his place back in the team. Clown

Did anyone at the club get him a cake, or are we trying to make him feck off too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    Did anyone at the club get him a cake, or are we trying to make him feck off too?

I think we loaned out the cake.

Knex. wrote: »

He'd end up with 3rd degree burns off the candles.

'Thanks god'

• Advertisement

I really can't figure out how it works, but I guess if the transfer committee think they're buying the right players and then Rodgers isn't getting results from them, then Brendan's in trouble. If Rodgers is telling the owners what players he wants and then not getting results from them then, eh... Brendan's in trouble.

If the new boys gel into some system that Rodgers comes up with and we start stringing results together, outplaying and out thinking teams, then I'll be the first person to hold my hands up and say I shouldn't have doubted him. But as of now, I hate to say it, I eh... really doubt him.

Jaysus, it's good to get all that out.

Sort of.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He'd end up with 3rd degree burns off the candles.

'Thanks god'

Its a sign!

I really can't figure out how it works, but I guess if the transfer committee think they're buying the right players and then Rodgers isn't getting results from them, then Brendan's in trouble. If Rodgers is telling the owners what players he wants and then not getting results from them then, eh... Brendan's in trouble.

If the new boys gel into some system that Rodgers comes up with and we start stringing results together, outplaying and out thinking teams, then I'll be the first person to hold my hands up and say I shouldn't have doubted him. But as of now, I hate to say it, I eh... really doubt him.

No more camels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

kfallon wrote: »

You have to hand it to Jose though, he doesn't mind making a tit of himself for the craic. Some boyo. Reminds me of a lad I worked with on a building site who was always arsing about, gets the sack for being late but keeps coming back in with his shovel over his shoulder every morning and they eventually just let him have his job back.. As long as he tries to resemble a footballer rather than a geordie shore contestant for once

I think, with all these players going, and any sign of quality performances to be well and truly hidden, we can only take solace from some relevant words of wisdom from one of the all time great prophets.
    There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things... with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

Now, I think that's cleared everything up nicely and added a lovely rosey atmosphere back to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

You'll have your answer by xmas. Rodgers doesn't have the luxury of time on his side here. He burnt up all that last season. He is in a very dodgy position. Results are all that matters.

You'll have your answer by xmas. Rodgers doesn't have the luxury of time on his side here. He burnt up all that last season. He is in a very dodgy position. Results are all that matters.

Have to agree. If he is not in touching distance of 4th place by christmas he is probably toast.

Not for a lot of people, 7 points for the 4 games we played is probably par for what people would have settled for albeit the way we earned the points including a loss to West Ham was not ideal. It's still a solid start even though the performances have generally been crap. It seems now that performances are being elevated in importance over points when really it does not matter a jot how we play as long as we get points on the board. It has yet to be revealed whether we'll get the points we need, time will tell, let's hope so, after all we all want us to do well and in turn see Rodgers stay in the job for a long time yet, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tony Evans who has never been a fan of Rodgers and usually comes across as quite bitter is saying tonight that sacking Rodgers wouldn't solve the problems at the club...they run much deeper than that. I'm inclined to agree with him on that but won't be too sorry when he is shown the door.

Who would we be looking at as a replacement.

Would they go down the ambitious route and go for Klopp or another high risk appointment with somebody like Monk.

Or maybe their heads could be turned by Pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When Rodgers gets the bullet and is replaced by Klopp as someone posted yesterday being ITK in Boston with some journo there will Brendan cancel all his accounts here I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Last season was fairly dire alright and the Stoke game in particular was just a horror show But I kind of hoped that it all occurred because of Murphys Law or something. So I put last season to the back of my mind and was willing to give Rodgers more time, that was after taking into consideration the amount of new faces, the loss of Luis and especially because of the football we played in the 13/14 season.

Right so...four games into the new season and things aren't looking too good at all and at first I wasn't that annoyed, because I could see a clear improvement in our defending and our new signings looked half decent.

I knew we weren't creating much scoring opportunities but I thought that it might come later on and as long as we kept it tight at the back, we might be able to nick a few wins while we have the likes of Couthinio and Benteke playing.

Now I don't know at all, the West ham game has brought all the bad memories of last season back. I'm still willing to give Rodgers more time and I'll probably make judgement after the next five performances.

Not going into the transfer policy, as I haven't got a scooby on what's going on. It's a pity the journos don't ask wtf in the pressers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

djPSB wrote: »

Would they go down the ambitious route and go for Klopp or another high risk appointment with somebody like Monk.

I'd be confident it would be Klopp providing another club hadn't already come in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He's the next England manager.

I'm no fan of Pardew but I am enjoying how he's sticking it to Newcastle, Palace look a very decent side all of a sudden, fair play but obviously no hope he'd get the Liverpool job!

Someone mentioned Dyche earlier too, I sincerely hope that was a piss take!

• Advertisement

When Rodgers gets the bullet and is replaced by Klopp as someone posted yesterday being ITK in Boston with some journo there will Brendan cancel all his accounts here I wonder.

I'm still waiting for Rafa Benitez to be unmasked as Mr Alan :)

I'd be confident it would be Klopp providing another club hadn't already come in for him.

Would there be a war chest for him?

I'm still waiting for Rafa Benitez to be unmasked as Mr Alan :)

I'm also waiting for Balotelli and Enrique to be unmasked!

Would there be a war chest for him?

Have you seen the new TV deal? It kicks in next year I think (?) and the place will be drowning in readies.

You're making it too easy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement