Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can see the point, but on the opposite side of the coin keeping him in the squad means an infinitely better defender sitting on the bench wondering of he'll ever get a game.

Sakho? Inifinitley better? He has a mistake in him every game too. Take away to West Ham last year as well for example..... heading the ball to nowhere for their third goal. I feel we should stick with what with what we have for a game or two yet. See where we (and Lovren) are after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Connavar wrote: »
    3 clean sheets but 1 of those had a perfectly legit goal disallowed(arsenal) and another had one that probably would have been given in most cases(Bournemouth).

Statistically still three clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What players loaned out that have returned to us have gone on to have a key impact? Ibe is probably the best of the bunch to date right?

none

there is a reason mcmanaman, fowler, owen, gerrard, carragher and sterling were never loaned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Again, all we hear is the defence, but what about the attack? The facts speak for themselves. We've conceded 3 goals in 4 games - not disgraceful. However, we've only scored 2 goals in that time. Other than spells in the Arsenal game, we totally lacked cohesion going forward and that scares the heck out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rossie1977 wrote: »
    none

there is a reason mcmanaman, fowler, owen, gerrard, carragher and sterling were never loaned out

That was a different era. Player recruitment has changed quite a lot since then.

As for the Lovren thing - I reckon he'll start against United. Firstly, if Lovren was to get dropped again, I think that might just finish his Liverpool career as his confidence will be totally shot. Also, for Rodgers to drop Lovren after only just building him up - it just makes him foolish and I think Rodgers is maybe that egotistical that he doesn't want to be proven wrong.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lovren backwards is nervol. Sounds like something the whole defence takes a swig of before games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

rossie1977 wrote: »
    none

Danny Murphy did alright. The loan move to Crewe really made him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Balotelli will be a world beater next season when he comes back from the retirement home. :pac:

• Advertisement

Perhaps players in different positions benefit differently from loan spells? A lot of what makes a good goalkeeper or defender is experience playing at a high level. Ability obviously counts for a lot, but things like positional awareness, concentration, partnerships with fellow defenders, decision making, etc. are all things that improve with games.

On the other hand, when you deal with wingers/strikers - I think much of what makes a good striker is more ability/instinct driven. Ability/instinct is either something a player has, or doesn't have, and I think a loan period in most cases simply can't polish turds. Top attacking players either come good very quickly, or never. I feel if a player is actually good enough, then he will do it at a young age. Not only that, but you can expect him to take his chance very quickly, hence the lack of need for a loan period in the first place.

Team v Utd

I got this

11934948_10204566737466798_7060964989641530409_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9a08ebfe8be37a73dc9940b4851f40bb&oe=5668B901

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Option to buy = If Villa want to buy they buy OR Villa get first dibs if we are selling OR there is a buyout clause and if Villa meet it at the expiration of the loan period he is theirs?

Just wondering what happens if Ilori plays well and we want him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Relive Lovren's moment of magic from an all-new angle!

https://twitter.com/DeludedBrendan/status/637744051073232896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Just like Alderweireld last year at Southampton, the option to buy does not mean that much, I would say it's an agreed price with Villa if they want to buy him, but if Liverpool don't want to sell he will be back regardless of what Villa want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another one just in the door and straight back out on loan. (This one is work permit related I think)
    #‎LFC‬ can confirm the signing of Allan Rodrigues de Souza from Internacional. The 18-year-old midfielder has immediately joined Finnish side Seinajoen Jalkapallokerho on loan until January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Team v Utd

I got this

11934948_10204566737466798_7060964989641530409_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9a08ebfe8be37a73dc9940b4851f40bb&oe=5668B901

You spelled Lovern incorrectly? :rolleyes: :pac:

You spelled Lovern incorrectly? :rolleyes: :pac:

Have you wide-screen? I thought I cropped out the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sick of one up front at this stage,play two strikers ta fcuk and see how we fare out,were almost as bad as utd to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Results are more important that Lovern's confidence. He's ****, get him out of the team.

sick of one up front at this stage,play two strikers ta fcuk and see how we fare out,were almost as bad as utd to watch

Might as well give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Team v Utd

I got this

Would be almost exactly my choice - but would go for Moreno at left back (and the CB's swpping sides). Darmian has offered some of their best wide play, and playing Gomez will just invite him onto us. Would rather he had to keep an eye on Moreno. Mata on their right wing has no pace, so should be easy enough to cover for Lucas or Sakho coming across.

This United team has weaknesses we should be exploiting - especially CB, so would love Benteke and Ings right up there, with Firmino between the lines.

With their midfield actually being one of their strongest spots now, we definitely need pace on the flanks I think though, so would like the twin threats of Clyne and Moreno. The midfielders playing a bit more defensively, with 2 from Milner, Hendo and Lucas staying deep, allowing the full backs to bomb on, and the trio up top to largely stay up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Did Lucas impress people enough against West Ham to get another game or is it a case of hoping he gets better? He struggled after a good first half at Arsenal and really really bad against West Ham. Man U have a strong midfield. Lucas would be a complete passenger.

He played well for 45 mins against Arsenal and all of a sudden he is straight into the team.

Cant help but suspect a bit of pro Lucas bias based on who signed him.

Did Lucas impress people enough against West Ham to get another game or is it a case of hoping he gets better? He struggled after a good first half at Arsenal and really really bad against West Ham. Man U have a strong midfield. Lucas would be a complete passenger.

He played well for 45 mins against Arsenal and all of a sudden he is straight into the team.

The whole team was poor v Utd. Imo Lucas is more important in away matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Easy, tiger, ease off on the Nervol for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Any update on Hendersons injury? Did he join up with England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's very easy to forget about the entire existence of Iago Aspas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bring back Agger
    Why a 28 year Agger left I'll never know, wanted by Barcelona, City, but no he wanted Liverpool and Rodgers treats him like dirt so he left, and now he treats Sakho the same, the player he dropped Agger for!
    Sakho played a big part of our '' nearly '' season, needs to be restored to lineup as soon as asap as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Morzadec wrote: »
    Relive Lovren's moment of magic from an all-new angle!

Gone stop posting that twitter handle after his/her promotion of the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bring back Agger
    Why a 28 year Agger left I'll never know, wanted by Barcelona, City, but no he wanted Liverpool and Rodgers treats him like dirt so he left, and now he treats Sakho the same, the player he dropped Agger for!
    Sakho played a big part of our '' nearly '' season, needs to be restored to lineup as soon as asap as possible.

Agger has played 20 games since he has left us, looks as broken a player as ever unfortunately. Love agger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Things might be a lot easier if Lovren (spelling?) was to pick up a wee knock tomorrow night against Azarbijan. I know thats bad and all But I just dont think Rodgers will bench him for the Utd game.

That clip of his ****-up against West Ham actually makes me feel ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bring back Agger
    klose wrote: »
    Agger has played 20 games since he has left us, looks as broken a player as ever unfortunately. Love agger :)

Yeah, much as I love Agger, we can't really complain about that one. As Agger himself said at the time, he just wasn't physically able to compete at the highest level anymore. Hence why he moved to Brondby rather than a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why should I worry about Lovren's Liverpool career? For that matter, why should Rodgers worry?

If Rodgers was a professional, he'd drop Lovren now. It's that simple. To not do so is negligent. At any other club aspiring to successful, if Lovren had the run of performances he has had for us, he'd have been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Things might be a lot easier if Lovren (spelling?) was to pick up a wee knock tomorrow night against Azarbijan. I know thats bad and all But I just dont think Rodgers will bench him for the Utd game.

That clip of his ****-up against West Ham actually makes me feel ill.

Someone needs to put together a compilation of Lovrens errors ,complete with some Benny Hill music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, much as I love Agger, we can't really complain about that one. As Agger himself said at the time, he just wasn't physically able to compete at the highest level anymore. Hence why he moved to Brondby rather than a good team.

He later though changed his tune slightly.

Daniel Agger: I left Liverpool because of Brendan Rodgers [Telegraph]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's still only played 20 games tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Agger was a busted flush, excellent centre half on his day but made so many defensive errors in last couple of years. We were right to move him on.
    Reina was the same story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Brendan is good! The Rodgers is great! We surrender our will as of this date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

tumblr_lj71lu7j5b1qzgh35o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our best player v west ham, though that doesnt say much, he has to start against utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

The Brendan is good! The Rodgers is great! We surrender our will as of this date!

Nananananananana Brendan
    Nananananananana Bendan
    Nananananananana Brendan
    Brendan
    Brendan

BATMAN!!... I mean Brendan. I love the Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I love Agger, and he was a fantastic servant to the club, but he was done. His body couldn't handle it, and it was right to move him on.

His final few months here weren't exactly remarkably better than Lovren, being brutally honest. Not trying to cloud his deservedly good reputation, but he himself even admitted he could no longer hack it in the PL. It has since been proved.

And Lucas was terrible against West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Agger the legend far outstrips the reality of his final season. There were some howlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sturridge will miss the Utd game according to Maddox at the mirror

Agger the legend far outstrips the reality of his final season. There were some howlers.

And that's probably fair, being honest. He stood by us when we really needed him most, when he could have jumped ship and signed for City, or even Barca who were linked at times. Instead, he stayed and helped us out until his body couldn't do it anymore.

He was definitely at fault for a fair bit his final year, but his previous performance and loyalty to the cause, rightly outshines that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Does he not have Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Well it usually takes him a good few games to get back up to the pace of the game by which stage he's injured again.

#cutmeabreakgod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Allan has been loaned to some Finnish club called Seinajoen Jalkapallokerho.

He's that Brazilian youth player that was training with the team over the summer, got signed after the deadline on Tuesday.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Teixiera not in the EL squad. Enrique omitted too which isn't a surprise. U21 players don't need to be on main list so Rossiter and Ibe for example can still play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    Teixiera not in the EL squad.

Bizarre. Might as well have moved him on if we're not going to play him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement