Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

I wish him well.

In that I hope he falls down a well.

Raheem O'Toole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It is also possible that some think Balo has been treated/handled badly completely independant of thoughts on the manager. I know that will be a huge shock to some but not everything is motivated by views on the manager.

The way I see it, with the lack of interest in Mario, he'll still be at Pool at Xmas. Rodgers won't be. If Mario gets a decent run with a manager who knows how to play him he could be great for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Raheem O'Toole

I was just about to post the song :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »
    Us playing on Monday nights really annoy me (until Monday night that is) and two of our first 3 games are Monday night ones. We never seem to do well on Monday nights either, although it could just be selective memory at work.

Could be worse, United play Villa on a Friday night this year. From next season we'll be playing Friday's too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why would you be worried? I think we did well profit wise from the Sterling deal it sometimes irritating the greed in football.

It doesn't matter what formations and players line up as we have not improved the two parts of the field we needed the most investment in and that is defence and midfield. Anyone thinking we will get top four this year lolz!

I'm more interested in when it'll be sorted, that was my question. He's played pre-season games, he could play in a PL game next weekend, and we haven't paid for him yet right? Is that not odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very impressive tbf. He falls over a couple of times in the above for those who would rather ignore his good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shaun Wright-Phillips the second he'll be playing in the MLS before Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/628249468698279936

im getting very excited that this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Barcastuff also tweeted the same thing in the last half hour.

A weird loan deal if that's what it is, indeed a fairly pointless one in many regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have seen twitter twitter that Barca want some kind of Coutinho clause in the deal. Really REALLY hope its bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Very impressive tbf. He falls over a couple of times in the above for those who would rather ignore his good start.

Look, Sterling is going to be world class. But if someone posted a video Ibe/Lallana's good play in pre-season, I doubt you'd put much stock in them.

It's pre-season. Let's hope Sterling stinks out the place once real football starts. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's probably a loan with an option to buy, and Barca will have a buy-back clause if we do buy him. Good move for both clubs IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Barcastuff also tweeted the same thing in the last half hour.

A weird loan deal if that's what it is, indeed a fairly pointless one in many regards.

I'm struggling to see where he fits in. Who makes room for him? One of Lallana, Ibe or Markovic?

Have seen twitter twitter that Barca want some kind of Coutinho clause in the deal. Really REALLY hope its bull****

He was always going to be the next player going outwards for a big fee.

I'm just hoping it's not for at least another 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hope its not true,not a player we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We should probably keep in mind that the majority of that video is taken from a game against a Vietnam XI and the second half against a Stuttgart team who were already 4-0 up...

Sure if we sell Coutinho to Barca we have a ready made replacements in Markovic, Teixeira, Firmino, Lallana and all those underage players everyone thinks will be world class.

Wouldn't believe a word of this Coutinho stuff - if there's one thing we know about FSG it's that they make it very very difficult for buying teams. Each of the 3 big names they sold have been the buyer's record signing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd say there is zero chance that rumour was true. I'd be surprised if Coutinho ever reaches a consistent level that make Barca want to sign him in the first place, never mind the notion that we;d give away an option on potentially our best player just to sign a promising young player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd say there is zero chance that rumour was true. I'd be surprised if Coutinho ever reaches a consistent level that make Barca want to sign him in the first place, never mind the notion that we;d give away an option on potentially our best player just to sign a promising young player.
    Id be very suprised if a club like Barca didn't try to sign him in the next 2 years. He was one of the best players in the PL last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its not I could make a similar one for ibe, lallana or origi. I'm not denying his talent but its preseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its all good lads, if the computer is right we should be winning some titles again by the 2700's. Score :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/3fioa1/the_millenial_sim_is_here_1000_years_of_simming/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rodgers has shown himself to be a small, small individual with his running down of Mario, it's unnecessary.

If Mario survives the window, it would be a fun bet: Rodgers vs Mario last longest.

This is a truly bizarre post mate.

Genius actually compared to the usual on here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Pre season doesn't count.

Good job though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Its all good lads, if the computer is right we should be winning some titles again by the 2700's. Score :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/3fioa1/the_millenial_sim_is_here_1000_years_of_simming/

Next epoch is our epoch...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sterling didn't want to be at Liverpool. Couldn't give a flying fuck how good,bad or indifferent he is from now on.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Id be very suprised if a club like Barca didn't try to sign him in the next 2 years. He was one of the best players in the PL last season.

When he is good he is fantastic, but nowhere near consistent enough to be linked to a move to the likes of Barca. I'd be delighted if he can reach that level though.

Interesting that Rodgers is joint favourite to be first manager sacked this season. Obviously the opening set of fixtures play a big part in that after last season.

Interesting that Rodgers is joint favourite to be first manager sacked this season. Obviously the opening set of fixtures play a big part in that after last season.

He needs a good start.

Poor one and it's curtains for BR

Second longest serving in the PL too which probably ties in with the above.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »

Ranieri is joint favourite :D

Look, Sterling is going to be world class. But if someone posted a video Ibe/Lallana's good play in pre-season, I doubt you'd put much stock in them.

It's pre-season. Let's hope Sterling stinks out the place once real football starts. Doubt it though.

If there's a video of Ibe / Lallana half as impressive as that Sterling compilation please post it!

Doesn't have a huge bearing. Wenger is the longest odds.

I think after as few as 3 games we'll have an idea how it's likely to play out. Obviously it won't be decided after 3 games, but if we have only 1 point for example at that point things could get out of control pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll have 7 points or so though and it'll all be moot.

If there's a video of Ibe / Lallana half as impressive as that Sterling compilation please post it!

Dude, seriously, it was largely against a Vietnam XI and a subbed out Stuttgart team who had the game well won (stuttgart 4-0 up and cruising) by the time Sterling made his contributions.

It's preseason. We'll have plenty of actual football over the next few weeks to judge him on - lets just wait a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ibe has probably been our best player in preseason to be fair.

Regardless though, it matters very little next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

aquilani available on a free, bring him home

Unfortunately for him Portsmouth are no longer in the league.

He had a great game against them once

Doesn't have a huge bearing. Wenger is the longest odds.

I think after as few as 3 games we'll have an idea how it's likely to play out. Obviously it won't be decided after 3 games, but if we have only 1 point for example at that point things could get out of control pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll have 7 points or so though and it'll all be moot.

Wenger the exception to the rule.

I'd say facts would back up that 2 or 3 seasons is the PL norm now, 4 or 5 is doing well.

As for the odds, it just backs what everybody knowd, it's make or break for him this season so there already is a fair chance he'll be gone.

Bit like transfers, I can't imagine huge money goes on this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for him Portsmouth are no longer in the league.

He had a great game against them once

Same story with Balotelli and Germany.

He had a great game against them once.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Dude, seriously, it was largely against a Vietnam XI and a subbed out Stuttgart team who had the game well won (stuttgart 4-0 up and cruising) by the time Sterling made his contributions.

It's preseason. We'll have plenty of actual football over the next few weeks to judge him on - lets just wait a bit.

I know it's merely preseason, when did I say different. People so tetchy in here! If Sterling goes on to be World Class I say fair play to him.

• Advertisement

Sure Balotelli looked good at times in a City team.

Bye now.

Sure Balotelli looked good at times in a City team.

Bye now.

You seem perturbed.

As odd as it sounds, he would've played well in Rodgers system in the "quarterback" role where Stevie played last season.

He probably should've had another season for us to prove himself, wasn't given a fair shake by Hodgson at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ex-players get talked about all the time in here, relax lads.

Sterling's been great in preseason. Some will care. Some won't. I fully expect his development to be kept tabs on though.

We were all quick enough to keep tabs on Torres after he left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

@Mercado_Futbool
    CONFIRMADO: Adama Traoré (Barcelona), nuevo jugador de Liverpool, por 15M€. Viaja a Inglaterra. #FichajesMF.
    CONFIRMED: Adama Traoré (Barcelona), new player of Liverpool, for € 15M. Travel to England. #FichajesMF.

@FCBarcelona_GO
    Adama ya está en Inglaterra para pasar revisión médica con el @Liverpool_GO .
    Adama is already in England for a medical examination withLiverpool_GO.

@FabrizioRomano
    Liverpool and Barcelona are talking about the buy back clause for Adama Traoré. Need agreement on this to finalize the deal... #LFC

Would expect that means Markovic will be off on loan, or sold.

Welcome Adama!

CCCe37HWYAI4qZa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is he better than Djimi?

€15m? That's a lot for someone with only 1 top flight appearance, and that as a 17 year old late substitute. I had assumed the fee would be 1/3 of that or something.

€15m? That's a lot for someone with only 1 top flight appearance, and that as a 17 year old late substitute. I had assumed the fee would be 1/3 of that or something.

To put it in a good light, he's less than half as expensive as Andy Carroll was.

To put it in a bad light, Andy Carroll was twice as expensive as him.

• Advertisement

£10m less than we paid for Markovic so maybe the club are learning when buying potential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement