Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Has anyone reliable backed up this Traore transfer yet? DiMarzio and Romano are bluffers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My opinion

Are you drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My mate who knows of all the up and coming players etc thinks traore is a good signing. I'm yet to get his opinion on the fee though. I'm sure he will laugh his are off though as would I if I weren't a Liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There's talk on Twitter that Traore is talking to us,Aston Villa and Stoke. Wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Twitter says......nothing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

K-9 wrote: »
    Rafa bought about the same if not more.

Strange criticism tbh.
    Wouldn't mind a combined net spend & Rafa debate to top off the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not looking good for Moreno.

Brendan Rodgers to hand teenager Joe Gomez debut in opening Premier League game
    19-year-old could start at left-back at Stoke after convincing Liverpool boss he can play at top level and does not need a loan move

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is likely to hand a Premier League debut to teenager Joe Gomez in the opening weekend trip to Stoke City.
    Gomez, 18, was signed for £3.5 million from Charlton in the summer and it was initially believed he would have to bide his time before his senior bow

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11781258/Liverpool-news-Brendan-Rodgers-to-hand-teenager-Joe-Gomez-debut-in-opening-Premier-League-game.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not surprising, given Moreno's injuries and Gomez' top performances. More competition for places is welcome. I'd be pissed if Moreno was cemented as #1 LB despite his average-sh*te performances last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

And there was me thinking it would be Clyne that Johnson would climb all over for the bullet header past Minger in the 93rd minute. Maybe Clyne concedes the corner immediately beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fair play to him. I still have faith in Moreno, though, so hopefully competition can kick him on.

Gomez making the team at 18, straight away, is pretty massive to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Update and more reliable

barcastuff@barcastuff 14 mins14 minutes ago Barcelona B winger Adama (19) is on the verge of signing for Liverpool, after medical tests. Clubs still have to close a deal. [rac1]

Barca seem to be adamant about the buy back clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We're just absolutely having the craic in the transfer market this summer. Fair play to the biys.

Good, a kick up the backside is no bad thing for Moreno. It important to have some competition within the squad. No slackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not surprised Moreno would get beaten out for a starting spot. He's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

marno21 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a combined net spend & Rafa debate to top off the weekend.

The number of players point is one I find odd though, particularly when Rodgers was left the mess of a few years of poor transfers at the end of Rafa/H&G, Hodgson and Kenny. Criticise the quality, not the quantity.

300 million is big but obviously needed since we solf 2 of our 3 best players in about a year.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Paolo Maldini would have looked like Warren Barton in that back 4 last year.

Its this kind of insight we all look forward to when we see your name. Do you have a good word for anyone or anything at Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think we'll have a great season
    We came 6th last season
    How did Rodgers manage that
    We had no strikers no goals
    We went on great run after xmas
    6th was impressive considering

**** me, Kroos, Reus and Muller. Its all happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

The beacon of positivity strikes again. He had a poor season sprinkled with some very encouraging performances. He's a young kid who has just played his first season in a new league in a foreign country. Give him a break ffs. He had zero competition for his place last season so perhaps this will light a fire under his arse. You don't always have to burn bridges at the first sign of doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No point including Suarez and Sterling but its not too bad of an XI.

...............Reina
    M. Kelly Coates agger aurelio
    ..Adam Aquaman Downing
    ......Kuyt..Carroll..Maxi

Subs:
    Suso, Sahin, Shelvey, Spearing, Cole

Full list of players sold. http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Yeah the same page contains a link for an article claiming we are bout to sign Sissoko from Newcastle too.

Considering each players qualities, which player do we need more: Kroos or Sissoko? and why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Complaining about Lloyd is the new complaining about Alan. It's a gimmick, laugh at it or ignore it, but there's no need to constantly derail the thread with it.

garra wrote: »
    Yeah the same page contains a link for an article claiming we are bout to sign Sissoko from Newcastle too.

Considering each players qualities, which player do we need more: Kroos or Sissoko? and why

It's all made belief anyway. Mini Metro seem to add names to a hat, clubs to a hat ,pick one from each and put it out there as possible transfer.

Kroos would cost close to £40m.. Rumor/reports over the last few days were the club would break the club record on one more signing.

His wages would be a stumbling block more than the transfer I bet they would be close to the £200k mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

It's all made belief anyway. Mini Metro seem to add names to a hat, clubs to a hat ,pick one from each and put it out there as possible transfer.

family-guy-manatees.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He was excellent at Sevilla. Even Real were interested at one point.A bit of patience is required at times. Moreno has the attributes to be a very good LB for us.

How many of our defenders have looked good over the last 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All of them but especially Can. That hair! Swooning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Complaining about Lloyd is the new complaining about Alan. It's a gimmick, laugh at it or ignore it, but there's no need to constantly derail the thread with it.

People criticizing what someone but on a post how awful people will think this is a forum for debating or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Knex. wrote: »
    We're just absolutely having the craic in the transfer market this summer. Fair play to the biys.

Yeah but Ballotelli.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Of course he is Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hoki wrote: »
    He had a poor season sprinkled with some very encouraging performances. He's a young kid who has just played his first season in a new league in a foreign country. Give him a break ffs.

Not trying to take away from your point but he's a 23 year old man.

I expect big things from him this season. Last season, at times, he looked awful. Plenty to suggest he'll come good, but he's had some very worrying performances also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K-9 wrote: »
    Rafa bought about the same if not more.

Strange criticism tbh.

I wouldn't consider 'mind boggling' to be criticism.

In fairness, it is a surprisingly large number of players in 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

gnite mates

Turtyturd wrote: »

Me thinking Moreno is rubbish is hardly a new opinion. I do enjoy the various efforts people make at North Korea Press Office work. The whinging at every negative perspective on the club is hilarious.

I really hope we start winning lots of games because this is tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Who will be on penalties,henderson,benteke or could it be milner or ings if playing.I presume it will be henderson but would hope for benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

We have defenders...? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Find it hard to argue with Lloyd's point on Moreno. People think back to his goal against Spurs last August. but he was signed as a defender and there were some woeful performances in that regard last season.

Only difference is that I wouldn't describe him as 'rubbish' or write him off as a player as he is young and was in his first season.

Either way , can't wait to get started now. Very big few months ahead that will decide the future direction of the club for next few seasons. It's either Rodgers gone or safe by Christmas. Many posters' doubts or worries will be confirmed or refuted over the next 20 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

sword1 wrote: »
    Who will be on penalties,henderson,benteke or could it be milner or ings if playing.I presume it will be henderson but would hope for benteke

I would have thought Milner actually. He is a good free taker and I'm pretty sure he took some penalties for City when Yaya wasn't around.

I don't think it should be Henderson. I don't think he's a natural peno or free kick taker despite his desire to be so.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Find it hard to argue with Lloyd's point on Moreno. .................

Only difference is that I wouldn't describe him as 'rubbish' or write him off as a player as he is young and was in his first season............

Ok :confused:
    Me thinking Moreno is rubbish is hardly a new opinion.................

The player's most ardent defenders would surely accept that getting beaten out during preseason by Gomes would be a bad sign, right? Believe you me, I have no interest in Moreno failing. We can't afford all of these guys to flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Augeo wrote: »
    Ok :confused:

It's simple I wouldn't disagree with Lloyd that Moreno was poor last season but I wouldn't just class him as 'rubbish' as bluntly as Lloyd has just yet.

Seems quite simple to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He has certainly been rubbish, but I think he's got enough potential to keep in the squad for sure. Manquillo on the otherhand looked properly rubbish with no potential to turn it around so I'm glad he's packed his bags. With Moreno I'd be disappointed if he left, I disagree with Lloyd, there's a player in there. Only way I'd sell him is for a stupid profit but that won't happen. So while he's under contract for a number of years then I'm happy to keep him and see how he develops. I reckon he's the sort of player who will excel when the team starts playing well.

• Advertisement

There's a gulf between a player being poor one season and being rubbish, a huge gulf, that's a simple concept to me.

The player's most ardent defenders would surely accept that getting beaten out during preseason by Gomes would be a bad sign, right? ............

Depends on how good Gomes is, to be fair.
    I'm not at all able to offer an opinion on that as yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Moreno was rubbish in large parts last season, and it's telling that an 18 year old right sided centre back is being preferred to him at left back for the start of the season. It is still far from certain though that he won't turn it around and turn into a really good player for us this (and in future) seasons.

8-10 wrote: »
    He has certainly been rubbish, but I think he's got enough potential to keep in the squad for sure. Manquillo on the otherhand looked properly rubbish with no potential to turn it around so I'm glad he's packed his bags. With Moreno I'd be disappointed if he left, I disagree with Lloyd, there's a player in there. Only way I'd sell him is for a stupid profit but that won't happen. So while he's under contract for a number of years then I'm happy to keep him and see how he develops. I reckon he's the sort of player who will excel when the team starts playing well.

I suppose I disagree on how much potential he displayed, but I think we can all agree with how you phrased it - "been rubbish" rather than "is rubbish".

As Nuka noted above he's 23 and had 61 top level appearances before he joined us. I'm not sure how many more hapless defensive performances can be explained away by him 'having potential'. But I guess we'll see what happens this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

For me, I'm much more concerned about how our defence performs as a whole next season. Moreno, Skrtel and Lovren is a dangerous mix. I'm not sure how Rodgers and the new team plan to improve for next season but its fair to say that if they don't get it right, we are looking at wholesale changes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement