Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Quick prediction game up until end of October:

Stoke (A) DRAW
    Bournemouth (H) WIN
    Arsenal (A) LOSE
    West Ham (H) DRAW
    Man Utd (A) LOSE
    Norwich (H) WIN
    Aston Villa (H) WIN
    Everton (A) DRAW
    Spurs (A) LOSE
    Southampton (H) DRAW
    Chelsea (A) LOSE

13 pts from a possible 33

League Position on 31/10/2015: 14th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I wouldn't go as far as calling Stoke a must win, obviously 3 pts is desirable but more than anything I want to see a performance that shows they ****ing mean business this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is that optimism i sense? How embarrassing.

I will refer you to previous thoughts on optimism, Borne's status as poet laureate of LFC thread is not in danger ;)

Fans of the drug called optimism,
    Were fearful to vent their joy,
    Or welcome their newly born beasts
    into the fold with open arms.
    On message boards and radio call-ins
    They sensed an omnipotent pessimist
    with sharpened cudgels of doom -
    And a longing for the glory of yester-year
    That no new broom will deliver.

Deliver us from optimism
    and the embarrassing predictions of glory,
    that we re-live and suffer in mortal pain
    at the end of each campaign,
    Or face the wrath of the lucky one
    Who lives in a galaxy without a sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

WealthyB wrote: »

Stoke (A) DRAW
    Bournemouth (H) WIN
    Arsenal (A) LOSE
    West Ham (H) DRAW
    Man Utd (A) LOSE
    Norwich (H) WIN
    Aston Villa (H) WIN
    Everton (A) DRAW
    Spurs (A) LOSE
    Southampton (H) DRAW
    Chelsea (A) LOSE

Can we fast-forward to 1/11/15 if thats the case. Hypothetical nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Only because you don't like the message. They're predictions that's all they are, get over yourself. Let's ban all talk about the Stoke game as hypothetical nonsense while we're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

The funny thing is when go through the predictions above it is quite a plausible scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The funny thing is when go through the predictions above it is quite a plausible scenario.

2 points in those away games is a tad pessimistic though.

City and Arsenal we usually have a go at, Spurs and Everton winnable.

Something like 18 points out of 33 would be doing fine.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

How is not beating West Ham at Anfield a plausible scenario? That's just crazy talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

K-9 wrote: »
    Don't know why you have mind boggling in quotes.

32 isn't a lot given the rebuilding needed. We've only 2 players left from Rafas team if I'm correct, all Hodgsons buys are gone with probably only 1 left of Kennys buys come September.

That's before Rodgers transfers that didn't work out and needs replacing.

There's zero thought in criticising a number just because "Jaysus, that looks big."

It's about the same as Rafa to try and put it in context,
    In context, Benitez and Dalglish delivered trophies in the same time period. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

find it strange that anyone would log in somewhere where there is a chance they might get pissed off by what other complete strangers say about the team they support . why would you care man,our opinions are not gonna change club policy ,

although some would like to think they know whats better for the club than others we are are all just names on a screen,nothing more

:D:D:D:D:D

just ignore the mongs someone once told me :pac:

It simple, if we win the place will be buzzing and the saps will be out in force and we will all be having the craic because we will know we're going to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

If Benteke scores 15 to 20 Pl goals and Sturridge stays fit for even half a season we've got to have a good chance, bad and all as we were a goal scorer would have rescued a few defeats last season. Even in our good spell we usually only scored a goal or two in games.
    Looking back at last season, a striker scoring 8 or 9 goals across the season could have us picking up 8 or 9 points and CL football.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Will that generate friction once Sturridge is fit and wants to be the main striker, will Benteke want to drop off and play feeder?
    The main striker is the guy that's scoring goals, be that Benteke, Sturridge, Origi, Ings or (hehehe) Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is saturday really a 'must-win' game? A draw away to Stoke is a good result for any team in fairness. I think saturday is more a 'must not lose 6-1 again' game.

The game is on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

New deal for Ojo which was very important as he was out of contract next summer.
    I would expect Ojo like Ibe to break through next season into our 1st team.

MD1990 wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/190040-new-reds-deal-and-loan-switch-for-ojo

New deal for Ojo which was very important as he was out of contract next summer.
    I would expect Ojo like Ibe to break through next season into our 1st team.

Joke it took this long.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Joke it took this long.

Yes he does seem to have the right stuff, how much of that is down to being kept hungry for the next deal we will never know .. but it doesn't harm to hold back the treats sometimes. Spare the deal and don't spoil the child, if you like.

Before you say "that worked out well with Sterling", he was precocious and wanted more than we could give him, as his agent outlined so graciously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

James Pearce just tweeted that Flanagan is due back around christmas

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/628540607154266112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The club are taking a much less obviously pro-active approach to extending deals and yet bar Sterling who was clearly on his way anyway everyone who the club regards as worth keeping has been signed up. Amazing that. ;)

U21s v Lucerne

@LFC_reserves - Fulton, Whelan, Maguire, Allan, Cleary, Chirivella, Dunn, Madger, Brannagan, Kent, Sinclair

Remember how he was supposed to be off in a huff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Stoke (A) DRAW
    Bournemouth (H) WIN
    Arsenal (A) LOSE
    West Ham (H) DRAW
    Man Utd (A) LOSE
    Norwich (H) WIN
    Aston Villa (H) WIN
    Everton (A) DRAW
    Spurs (A) LOSE
    Southampton (H) DRAW
    Chelsea (A) LOSE

If that happens then Rodgers will be getting sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stoke (A) WIN
    Bournemouth (H) WIN
    Arsenal (A) WIN
    West Ham (H) WIN
    Man Utd (A) WIN
    Norwich (H) WIN
    Aston Villa (H) WIN
    Everton (A) WIN
    Spurs (A) WIN
    Southampton (H) DRAW
    Chelsea (A) WIN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

True, but surely the likes of Benteke, Firmino, Clyne and Milner will be better signings than Afellay, Joselu, Given and Johnson.

Van Ginkel, El Mouaddi, Bojan should be back. Easy to put their lowest key signings up against Pools best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Van Ginkel, El Mouaddi, Bojan should be back. Easy to put their lowest key signings up against Pools best

None of them would make Liverpool's bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I know, most would walk straight into the first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Qui est-ce?

Bojan's 4 goals a season is the missing link for us

garra wrote: »
    Yes he does seem to have the right stuff, how much of that is down to being kept hungry for the next deal we will never know .. but it doesn't harm to hold back the treats sometimes. Spare the deal and don't spoil the child, if you like.

Before you say "that worked out well with Sterling", he was precocious and wanted more than we could give him, as his agent outlined so graciously.

Skrtel, Sinclair, Sterling.

Look at us signing that Barca lad for 15 million.

• Advertisement

Skrtel, Sinclair, Sterling.

Look at us signing that Barca lad for 15 million.

tumblr_ln2ylxA1xh1qdo6ufo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

every game is must win

That's not true actualy. I seem to remember Chelsea coming to Anfield about 14 months ago and this attitude of every game being a must win cost us a title imo. So no, sorry Shanks but every game is NOT a must win and shouldn't be treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see one of Liverpool's next managers has just been dumped out of the Champions League qualifiers.

8-10 wrote: »
    Stoke (A) WIN
    Bournemouth (H) WIN
    Arsenal (A) WIN
    West Ham (H) WIN
    Man Utd (A) WIN
    Norwich (H) WIN
    Aston Villa (H) WIN
    Everton (A) WIN
    Spurs (A) WIN
    Southampton (H) DRAW
    Chelsea (A) WIN

Whoa whoa whoa settle down lad!! What on earth makes you think Southampton will be so good this season?? :pac:

I would gladly take Van Ginkel over Allen and day of the week.

• Advertisement

Outside Bojan you have probably not even seen the others play at all. Bojan would make our bench thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MD1990 wrote: »
    Bojan would make our bench thats it.

I would sure hope not. Id rather Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

klose wrote: »
    Fcuk Michael McIntyre, he withers my sack.

you have a beautiful way with words

What were you expecting?
    mormank wrote: »
    That's not true actualy. I seem to remember Chelsea coming to Anfield about 14 months ago and this attitude of every game being a must win cost us a title imo. So no, sorry Shanks but every game is NOT a must win and shouldn't be treated as such.

Must win.

Regarding the Stoke game. They are missing 3 of there best players from last season N'Zonzi,Begovic & Shawcross (injured), It could be a good game for Benteke with Shawcross out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

If that happens then Rodgers will be getting sacked.

When I saw the fixture list I am tempted to have a bet that Rodgers won't make xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

slingerz wrote: »
    When I saw the fixture list I am tempted to have a bet that Rodgers won't make xmas

Had similar thoughts myself but FSG are stats people and will be aware the fixture list isn't kind so I don't think they will be reactionary even if after the first 12 or so games the points return is poor. I would also expect that having given the manager the kind of backing they have in the transfer market they will want to give him the year. The flip side is the atmosphere in Anfield could be completely toxic if results are really bad and could eventually make his position untenable at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Had similar thoughts myself but FSG are stats people and will be aware the fixture list isn't kind so I don't think they will be reactionary even if after the first 12 or so games the points return is poor. I would also expect that having given the manager the kind of backing they have in the transfer market they will want to give him the year. The flip side is the atmosphere in Anfield could be completely toxic if results are really bad and could eventually make his position untenable at some point.

People seem to have quickly forgotten that at the end of the season, virtually all but his die hard supporters thought it was time for him to go. Including a lot who now defend him again (despite a ball not having been kicked and us not really addressing some of the biggest issues in our team)

A poor start and there's no way he makes Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

The flip side is the atmosphere in Anfield could be completely toxic if results are really bad ........

Bit like this thread so. One week for the bickering to begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mr Alan wrote: »
    People seem to have quickly forgotten that at the end of the season, virtually all but his die hard supporters thought it was time for him to go. Including a lot who now defend him again (despite a ball not having been kicked and us not really addressing some of the biggest issues in our team)

So everyone thought he should go, except for those who didn't think so. OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Damien360 wrote: »
    Bit like this thread so. One week for the bickering to begin

begin? :pac:

• Advertisement

There was, understandably, a strong reaction after the Stoke game. Once that died down, a majority thought he should get until Christmas.

We certainly haven't addressed all the issues in our team, but we have
    - bought a goalscorer
    - spent big to replace Sterling
    - improved on Johnson
    - done well in getting Milner to replace the experience we have lost with Gerrards departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Nobody has forgotten anything Alan, we just moved on after it became apparent that he was going to be given more time and adopted a wait and see approach instead of running our 'current' manager down at every opportunity. You should try it.

If we start this season as awfully as we ended the last in terms of results and performance I hope he is gone by christmas. To quote Lloyd, time reveals all.

People seem to have quickly forgotten that at the end of the season, virtually all but his die hard supporters thought it was time for him to go........

I prefer to think of myself as one who sees the bigger picture :)

In time Alan, I think you'll see that Rodgers has addressed the important issues, I know you hope that will be the case :)

Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

if we dont win the stoke game, ill begin to doubt our title credentials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports saying Sturridge will be back for the Utd game next month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-could-make-6193618

Does it say when he will suffer a recurrence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does it say when he will suffer a recurrence?

4.6 games after his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Due back for the United game, due to overcome rustiness by christmas, due to be re-injured by the end of the United game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Reports saying Sturridge will be back for the Utd game next month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-could-make-6193618
    Report giving no source saying he will be back 2 months early, I doubt it, hope I am wrong but could not see him rushed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dom King going with it too. Would be a huge boost, serious talent when fit.

We were skint for attacking players last season we seem to have a lot now.going to be tough keeping everyone happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement