Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

kfallon wrote: »
    And I don't give a bollix what anyone thinks, I'm gonna say it now and I'm gonna say it proudly....I LOVED the Evans era! There you go, I make no apologies for saying it!

When they were good, they were the best team in the League but when they played badley, they were awful. But some of the football was fantastic, tearing teams to shreds at Anfield, Fowler and McManaman in full flight.

Still won fúck all tho :pac:

If you didnt give a bollix what anyone thinks, you wouldnt be posting it in a public forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm 99.9% certain it wasn't on the box, it may have been played on a Sunday cos we either played in Europe that midweek or else it could have been Grand National weekend!

Kicked off at 3pm so not on Sky
    http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/2112

I don't see the issue with 3pm as that rule applies only to Saturday's not Sundays.

It was definitely televised as I remember it very well, I just can't prove it, pity there's no website showing old TV listings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Do we have any teenagers posting on here? I think the fact that we're all on a forum means we're relatively out of touch already. :)

Quite true, that.

So yeah, probably don't have any teenagers on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The limit on foreigners came in during the Souness era did it not? You could only have 3 playing in Europe or somesuch. Fergie had to drop Schmeichel at one stage to play Cantona if I remember rightly. More English players equalled a more settled squad because you didnt have to drop half your team .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't see the issue with 3pm as that rule applies only to Saturday's not Sundays.

It was definitely televised as I remember it very well, I just can't prove it, pity there's no website showing old TV listings.

It definitely wasn't televised live on Sky. Maybe you are thinking of the 1-3 defeat at home to man u a few weeks later, when James had another couple of howlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bogdan is spelled correctly. How bad can it be.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

451536581.jpg

....days to go.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pub closes for Holy Hour, everyone banging on the door at 4pm to be left in for match. Door open at 4.05pm, run in, 2-0 up already, everyone calls bar staff "cúnts" for not opening in time :D

Ya I remember that, painful. There was a college bar in Limerick that they'd let you stay in from 2-4 if you were there beforehand and served away, so that's what we did every Sunday until they abolished that stupid crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Looks like it was designed by a committee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like it was designed by a committee.

That background picture is just no....

Less is more lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You must have been watching it on one of those Norweigan channels that pubs show, it definitely wasn't on tv over here.

David James. :rolleyes: That match cost us the title. I think we would have went on to be Champions if we'd won that game. The defeat really had a knock on effect.

Knex. wrote: »
    The first season I have any proper recollection of is 1997.

Well, aside from walking in on a Rome 84 rerun after an Irish World Cup match in 94, and laughing my three year old ass off at Grobbelaar's legs during the penalty shoot out.

At least I have Istanbul and the FA Cup the year after, but you got to actually see Liverpool win stuff regularly!

You were 3 in 1994?

Gtfo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

corwill wrote: »
    There's no one below pension age can point to worse from memory.

Koncheskey - worst ever LB? And the competition for the accolade is not inconsiderable.

The horror.

Cole, Koncheskey, Poulsen, Spearing, Jovanovic.

We did have have Torres, Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Kuyt, Carragher,Johnson and Meireles so it wasn't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The offi looks the same as it did the last time I looked, what are youz seeing?

Ah edit - found it.

http://liverpoolfc.com/

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/

The new site is a classic smartphone screen hatchet job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya I remember that, painful. There was a college bar in Limerick that they'd let you stay in from 2-4 if you were there beforehand and served away, so that's what we did every Sunday until they abolished that stupid crap.

Jaysus...I'd completely forgotten about that whole fiasco.

I'd remember always standing eagerly outside the door, willing it to open then bursting through the door in a panic and squinting up at the screen to see what had happened in the 10 minutes that we had missed for absolutely no reason.

There'd always be a handfull of fellas parked up at the bar, already halfway through a pint who would then give you a deadpan and factual update on events...."Ruddock got injured in the warm-up, Harkness playing at full back. Fowler had a half-chance but didn't catch it properly. This is our 4th corner and Warhurst booked for fouling Redknapp".....a kind of early analog version of Twitter I guess

The offi looks the same as it did the last time I looked, what are youz seeing?

The home page is different. It looks crap. The rest of the pages (fixtures, players list, etc) seem to be all the same for me as it was before. Maybe you need to clear your cache or something? If you want to view the season fixtures it now takes 2 clicks from the home page, same for other stuff. Why do people have to change things I'm used to that still work fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It definitely wasn't televised live on Sky. Maybe you are thinking of the 1-3 defeat at home to man u a few weeks later, when James had another couple of howlers.

Mmmm......you've got me thinking, could have sworn I saw the Coventry game live.....then again it was 18 years ago!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You were 3 in 1994?

Gtfo!

And look at me now. None the wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The home page is different. It looks crap. The rest of the pages (fixtures, players list, etc) seem to be all the same for me as it was before. Maybe you need to clear your cache or something? If you want to view the season fixtures it now takes 2 clicks from the home page, same for other stuff. Why do people have to change things I'm used to that still work fine?

Why do they make it so difficult to locate a simple list of fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Knex. wrote: »
    And look at me now. None the wiser.

And still shítting your trousers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Why do they make it so difficult to locate a simple list of fixtures?

Google "Liverpool fixtures" and they are on the main google page and the first search result is a direct link to the official site fixtures page

And still shítting your trousers.....

God dammit. Wish I had thought to include that myself :pac:

Google "Liverpool fixtures" and they are on the main google page and the first search result is a direct link to the official site fixtures page

I got everyone covered. Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

How are we due to set up?

Clyne-Skrtel-Sakho-Moreno

Can

Hendo - Milner

Coutinho

Benteke Firmino

I would guess?

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if Firmino started on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Can

Hendo - Milner

Coutinho

Benteke Firmino

I would guess?

Lovren will probably start before Sahko and there has been rumours that Gomez will start ahead of Moreno.

Think Ibe or Lallaba will start ahead of Firminio, I don't know if he is match fit.

I think you are right with the rest although I'd prefer Lucas instead of Can.

I'd start Firmino, when Benteke has his hat trick, take them off and replace with Ibe and Ings/Origi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think firminio first start will be the home game against Bournemouth Monday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'd be surprised if Firmino started on Sunday.

Roberto Firmino is likely to miss out on a starting role at The Britannia as he continues to work on his fitness. (Paul Joyce)

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/629044667707994112

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I'd imagine Sakho will partner skrtel and the only reason lovren was playing a bit more in the latter bit of preseason was due to sakho's missus giving birth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    I'd imagine Sakho will partner skrtel and the only reason lovren was playing a bit more in the latter bit of preseason was due to sakho's missus giving birth?

Its a relief to hear that, I thought Rodgers was favouring Lovren and organising a bus incident for Sakho. It would have to be a big bus.

Rodgers would be foolish to start Lovren, he doesn't need to prove that Lovren is anything. The owners have drawn a line under last seasons debacle, its a fresh start now he should play whoever on merit. Sakho is a far safer bet if you want help with keeping your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I think Lovren will start, a few poor games and that could be the end of him. I don't think Rogers rates Sakho at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If it's easier to Google it, and it is, then site design = fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mmmm......you've got me thinking, could have sworn I saw the Coventry game live.....then again it was 18 years ago!
    You might be thinking of the FA Cup game - James had a big part in that defeat too. How he kept Brad Friedel out of the team was beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think you need another name change.

Already had one requested. :pac:
    D'Agger wrote: »
    Lawrenson sounds like he's sipping a whiskey or some other bitterness inducing substance whilst hanging out, killing time in the commentary box.

Leaving aside Liverpool games where he infuriates me beyond belief, he "commentated" on a Real Madrid game two seasons ago where he stated that the Real 'keeper looked "Like a Bumblebee," at least 7 times in the 90 minutes. My relatives couldn't annoy me more inside an hour and a half like that man can.

Did he look like a bumblebee though?

Already had one requested. :pac:

Ha, nice choice. That'll go down well here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If it's easier to Google it, and it is, then site design = fail.

Not necessarily.

It's easier to google "boards soccer" and click the link than it is to type boards.ie and navigate the ridiculously structured menus.

This is true of an awful lot of sites.

liverpoolfc.com is a terrible site though, I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Did he look like a bumblebee though?

Maybe a quaar one, when I was a lad bumblebees were black & yellow

1362686791_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

• Advertisement

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

1362686791_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

http://www.bumblebee.org/lap.htm

Sad to say but maybe Melted Head was correct in his metaphorical description of the goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Can

Hendo - Milner

Coutinho

Benteke Firmino

I would guess?

Is Lucas injured. Didn't think so. I hope I never see Can start in front of a fit Lucas as a DM. Very hopeful for Can, like him as a player now, but not as a DM when we have Lucas available.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Awaiting team line up on Sunday but if Lovren and Gomez start on Sunday as is being widely reported, the clever money will be on Stoke +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

WealthyB wrote: »
    Awaiting team line up on Sunday but if Lovren and Gomez start on Sunday as is being widely reported, the clever money will be on Stoke +1

What's wrong with Gomez? If we're going on current form Gomez is far more solid than Moreno.

What's wrong with Gomez? If we're going on current form Gomez is far more solid than Moreno.

He's never played a competitive game at full back, and he'll be cruelly exposed by that hapless gob****e Lovren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

WealthyB wrote: »

The even clevererer money will be on Stoke -1

The even clevererer money will be on Stoke -1

Got 15/2 on the -1 last game there, boosted bankroll nicely.

If Lovren starts we're seriously goosed. Can't emphasise this enough. Not seen as hapless a defender since Kvarme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It would be a recipe for trouble alright - Gomez will need support against Walters, and Lovren is notorious for not going out to help the fullback on his side.

Gomez has done really well in preseason, but coming up against big fit physical premier league players is going to be a very different kettle of fish. If he's starting, we'd be much better off with Sakho beside him, who offers much more effective cover inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It would be a recipe for trouble alright - Gomez will need support against Walters, and Lovren is notorious for not going out to help the fullback on his side.

Gomez has done really well in preseason, but coming up against big fit physical premier league players is going to be a very different kettle of fish. If he's starting, we'd be much better off with Sakho beside him, who offers much more effective cover inside.

I agree that Sakho must be picked ahead of Lovren, but I still wouldn't be too worried about Gomez. He's a lot stronger than Moreno, so he'll cope better than him against a physical Stoke team. On form, he's a better player and considering he's a physical CB naturally, I think he'll do better against Stoke than Moreno did last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement