Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Credit Card transactions taking ages to show online

• 14-07-2015 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed that it takes ages for charges made on the card to show up?

only today (tuesday) are purchases from last tuesday and wednesday showing up

making it very very frustrating? thinking of changing as a result or is this the usual story with most banks here in Ireland (newly moved here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This happens with my AIB Visa and it's pretty annoying. I rang about it once to see how much I needed to pay and they could see the transaction but it was still a couple of days before I could. I've started just writing things down when using my CC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

guile4582 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that it takes ages for charges made on the card to show up?

only today (tuesday) are purchases from last tuesday and wednesday showing up

making it very very frustrating? thinking of changing as a result or is this the usual story with most banks here in Ireland (newly moved here)

It's more down to the retailers, most PDQ's in Ireland are still off-line, so the retailer has to batched in before the banks can see/process the transactions.

Most of my purchases (with AIB) appear in under 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had this with ptsb, but debit card purchases. Average 3 to 4 days to appear.

They tried to blame retailer s too, most of my transactions wetter where i work, but I was the person doing the batch every night at 11 pm so that blew that out of the water.

The only transactions that hit quickly were car park transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    They tried to blame retailer s too, most of my transactions wetter where i work, but I was the person doing the batch every night at 11 pm so that blew that out of the water.

Depends on when the "End of Day" is with your card processor, if it was before 11pm, you might be missing it, and delaying the posting (and payment to the store) by a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

O, that makes sense.

The customer service rep didn't mention that but you may be onto something. In the last few years I've had an aib, boi and ptsb card.

The ptsb card is by far the latest to register transaction.

So it could be that ptsb have an 'end of day' sometime earlier in the day and transactions after that time are not registered until the following day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement