Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointing broadband speeds after moving house

Options
  • 14-07-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi reps.

I moved house back in February and after about 6 weeks of trying to get my line activated, I was finally told that I would only be able to avail of 3MB download speeds. I decided to sign up at the time becuase I had been without Broadband for so long and needed to get setup. There was also no other providers offering anything better in the area at the time.

Since then, a new providor has come into the area offering 15MB synchronous.

Anyway, I think I might have signed up to a new contract at the time rather than just a regular house move due to some confusion with the house I was actually moving into. I was wondering if I am eligible to cancel my contract with Eircom due to the ruling found by the CCPC? I have not received any mail correspondence on the matter.

If I am not eligible, could you possibly tell me if there are any upgrade works planned for my area in the near future (I'm not exactly rural, in a small village less than ten minutes from Gorey and Arklow) and also when my current contract expires (I assume sometime in February).

Please let me know if there is anything that you require from me. I can PM you my Eircom account number etc. as required.

Thanks,

d31b0y

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hi reps.

I moved house back in February and after about 6 weeks of trying to get my line activated, I was finally told that I would only be able to avail of 3MB download speeds. I decided to sign up at the time becuase I had been without Broadband for so long and needed to get setup. There was also no other providers offering anything better in the area at the time.

Since then, a new providor has come into the area offering 15MB synchronous.

Anyway, I think I might have signed up to a new contract at the time rather than just a regular house move due to some confusion with the house I was actually moving into. I was wondering if I am eligible to cancel my contract with Eircom due to the ruling found by the CCPC? I have not received any mail correspondence on the matter.

If I am not eligible, could you possibly tell me if there are any upgrade works planned for my area in the near future (I'm not exactly rural, in a small village less than ten minutes from Gorey and Arklow) and also when my current contract expires (I assume sometime in February).

Please let me know if there is anything that you require from me. I can PM you my Eircom account number etc. as required.

Thanks,

d31b0y
    Hello d31b0y

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

PM sent Al.

PM sent Al.
    Hi d31b0y

Thanks for your PM, I have looked in to this in detail for you. I can confirm that your account was unaffected by the price changes and as a result notification was not sent to you.  - this would mean that the existing contract remains in place up until the 23/2/2016

Unfortunately there are no plans to upgrade the infrastructure area at present and as a result I am unable to offer you an indication of when you can expect to avail of faster speeds from eircom.

I do wish I could offer you better news on this d31b0y

Thank you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

As expected Al. No problem. I will wait out my contract.
    Thanks.

As expected Al. No problem. I will wait out my contract.
    Thanks.
    No problem d31b0y

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement