Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 legislation on excluding RA tenants?

Options
  • 14-07-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to put an ad up on Daft for a family member who'd prefer, apparently due to previous experiences, if he didn't have to consider RA tenants. I know the checkbox option is gone from the site, but I wouldn't want to drop him in it by writing something into the text which could get him into bother.

Did the proposed prohibition on excluding rent allowance tenants actually come into effect? I know this was suggested earlier in the year, but I can't seem to find anything concrete on whether it went through. There are plenty of ads on the site which say no rent allowance, but that doesn't mean it's not against the law.

Does anyone know for a fact whether this is still permissible or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'd just stick with the old "suit professionals" line and it will be clear what is meant and will save wasting everyone's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

murphaph wrote: »
    I'd just stick with the old "suit professionals" line and it will be clear what is meant and will save wasting everyone's time.

I'll leave it at that, then. Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement