Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hold on to your hats lads...the Brown Thomas lights and Christmas windows are live!

ALSO last night walking up Grafton Street about 11pm they were putting up some more of the lights and HAD THEM ALL SWITCHED ON. Of course I took some photos :D

(I presume they were just on while testing them and hanging the last few sets further up the street)

367742.jpg

Also - Disney were working on their Christmas window and so were BT2 (I think, they hadn't gotten very far :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I posted my first card- to my Xmas obsessed sister

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They've put up all the decorations and trees and lights inside Blanch shopping centre and the lights are on. Boots in Blanch has lovely decorations up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Can't wait to see the lights in Dublin and the Disney shop !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

If the BT lights are on in Dublin, means they are on in Cork too :D And, I'm going to town this evening after work.....:pac:

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    If the BT lights are on in Dublin, means they are on in Cork too :D And, I'm going to town this evening after work.....:pac:

Make sure to have that camera ready ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

The song Stay by East 17 is on tv now. It's snowing in the video and was a Christmas number one back in the day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Flew through Dubai Airport this Thursday and last night, it is like a grotto. Pity I wasnt flying home for Christmas yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just had my first eggnog latte of the season

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted two apartments around the corner with their Christmas lights up last night :D I nearly broke my neck trying to look at them while walking in the opposite direction, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

miamee wrote: »
    Spotted two apartments around the corner with their Christmas lights up last night :D I nearly broke my neck trying to look at them while walking in the opposite direction, lol

I thought that too here but turns out they were just celebrating Diwali

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Locally signs have gone up for our Parish Christmas Fair and the various choirs have begun rehearsing carols.

In my own family, my granny has just finished making her Christmas cakes, my Dad is about to order his wine from the Wine Club and my mother is already planning a Christmas dinner for at least 10 people.

I've already seen a few Christmas ads on the television.

I've just be asked today whether I've started my shopping yet....yep Xmas is well and truly on it's way!

Just got the email to say smyths are open til 11pm on weekdays! Christmas is practically around the corner now people ! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was doing a bit of Christmas shopping in M&S earlier and I realised that they were playing Christmas music.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I thought that too here but turns out they were just celebrating Diwali

Ohhhh - I better have a closer look this evening! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Henry Street lights were switched on this evening! :)

ellp4LI.jpg?1

Eek! I can't wait to do my day out in Dublin this Christmas ! :D

I went out to see the Grafton Street lights being switched on yesterday. Arrived late so I was a good bit down the street but actually in a better spot as I could see all the way to the end of the street - way more lights to see! It was so great when they switched them on and everyone started to cheer... I almost had a little tear in my eye (I'm a sap).

Then I found my friend who'd gotten there earlier than me and we went for hot ports in Neary's yum! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

392160_330280316987702_100000172082184_1497687_1668371509_n_large.jpg

You can definitely feel the change in atmosphere today when out and about. It's acceptable now for shops to play christmas music, reminders about Christmas parties and bookings are everywhere and it's time to open those advent calenders ! :) happy December elves !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Forgot to mention this one "When I see my birthday on a carton of milk". First glance was last night :O

Advertisement