Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Not weird at all... (she says as she settles in front of a nice warm fire after dinner to watch Christmas with the kranks.) :D

I love a nice fire you just can't beat it I always end up falling asleep in front of it though
    Christmas with the kranks, what a great choice I must put that on my list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The weathers getting colder. Which means winter is approaching.

I need to go get some new jumpers/zippies and a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

shelly22 wrote: »
    Christmas with the Iranian, what a great choice I must put that on my list

That must be the sequel to Christmas with the kranks - christmas with the kranks 2, Christmas with the Iranian. Lol that daughter must be still bringing foreign men home for Christmas !

Sorry I couldn't resist :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Will any of you have your tree up for the toyshow? I am trying to decide I use to have only my mams tree to do but now I have our house now too, last year it was one tree after another I'd like to spread it out this year might do mine early then my mams, I am hoping to finish up work earlier than usual too I have the holidays to take I want to enjoy the run up to the big day, there's some family that's needs a it of help this year too in the preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

SarahLil wrote: »
    Will any of you have your tree up for the toyshow? I am trying to decide I use to have only my mams tree to do but now I have our house now too, last year it was one tree after another I'd like to spread it out this year might do mine early then my mams, I am hoping to finish up work earlier than usual too I have the holidays to take I want to enjoy the run up to the big day, there's some family that's needs a it of help this year too in the preparation

Yes putting my decorations up on the 2nd of November wont light up tree though until 8th of December.

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That must be the sequel to Christmas with the kranks - christmas with the kranks 2, Christmas with the Iranian. Lol that daughter must be still bringing foreign men home for Christmas !

Sorry I couldn't resist :D lol

Lol I only noticed it now, auto type on my phone always getting me into trouble

shelly22 wrote: »
    Lol I only noticed it now, auto type on my phone always getting me into trouble

I know it's terrible when auto correct decides to join your conversation and mess things up ! Glad I'm not the only one it happens to lol

My tree goes up the day of the toy show ! I like to have tree up for the kids for the night of the toy show and I have a little good bag for the family for watching the toy show and special santa mugs with hot chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Why was my post removed? I simply answered a direct question and I wasn't one bit unfriendly or planning to or even going to make any further contributions or anything in fact. Just removed without comment. Not that I care very much and only for the removal you wouldn't have ever seen me here again, but wtf? Is there a secret christmas police at work?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yes, it was removed. Your post said that you don't get the obsession with Christmas and that people who "pine" for Christmas are weird.

Such posts will be removed and it's not a secret, as we have stated as much in the charter which can be found in it's entirety here.

Darragh wrote: »
    Anti Christmas threads, posts and comments like "Bah, Humbug" or "OMG, It's October" may be deleted
    Darragh wrote: »
    We can delete your posts if they're not relevant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Posy wrote: »
    Yes, it was removed. Your post said that you don't get the obsession with Christmas and that people who "pine" for Christmas are weird.

Such posts will be removed and it's not a secret, as we have stated as much in the charter which can be found in it's entirety here.

I said a little weird (I think), a tad friendlier. Fair enough. Don't want to be a spoil, just walked in from the front door, sorry. Happy Christmas!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Will any of you have your tree up for the toyshow?

Yes it's a little tradition for me. The tree goes up on the day of the toy show. Order take away buy sweets and treats and sit down and watch the toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Yep, I'll be putting our tree up the day of the toy show - it's tradition for us now! 😊

Thanks guys and gals for the feedback regarding the tree, I usually go all out for the toyshow Christmas pjs and toddies etc etc minus the tree, this year might try get the tree up for the big event :) maybe book the day off get the tree up then,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I may have to use a tree in the back garden, not a pine type one, as my Christmas tree this year. Acceptable?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I may have to use a tree in the back garden, not a pine type one, as my Christmas tree this year. Acceptable?

Anything you can throw fairy lights on is acceptable haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I hope the neighbors don't mind as its on the boundary close to their house. When I was viewing the house all I was thinking was "what will this place look like at Christmas". It also came into the decision on the oven, you could fit a bird and ham in it.

Back to signs Christmas is coming; travel reminders from the airlines, helping my OH with festive dec's for the kids she teaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Look what I stumbled upon in dunnes today.
    Another year of disappointing changes to the classic tin BUT ohh how I'm happy to see them. Really makes it feel like Christmas.
    I don't remember seeing wispas in the previous heroes. Nice addition.
    Not long now folks!

Jesus the roses "tin" looks so small in the hand! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    Jesus the roses "tin" looks so small in the hand! :(

My mum said she is "not buying them this year" - :( We'll still probably get a box or two as gifts from others though :pac:

What are the best chocolates to get now - cos I like a nice few boxes of chocolates around the house at Christmas

• Advertisement

Celebrations and quality street are favs of mine and short of them becoming mini boxes I'll be buying some of them this year.

leahyl wrote: »
    My mum said she is "not buying them this year" - :( We'll still probably get a box or two as gifts from others though :pac:

What are the best chocolates to get now - cos I like a nice few boxes of chocolates around the house at Christmas

I like the box of seasons greatings and the milk tray

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I still get Quality Street (they still come in a tin) and Ferrero Rocher (they never change, mmmmm).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Reckon it will be the big tin of QS and a box of Seasons Greetings this year.

Celebrations and Hero's here ! And big box of tayto for himself of course ! Only buy a tin of roses for my mams visit. Other than that we prefer to buy biscuits rather than waste money on roses or quality street over the last few years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was searching for something on the Boots website the other day and one of the filter options was Christmas.

I will pick up some Celebrations for our house we'll probably open them for decorating the tree, I like to have some spare boxes too in case we have some unexpected visitors, I will get a couple of boxes of Ferrero Rocher for my mams for us (we move in them for the Christmas) and of course a box of King Crisps

I was searching for something on the Boots website the other day and one of the filter options was Christmas.

Brilliant I just checked the site, ooh so exciting
    I'm on the look out for some nice table linen, I left it too late last year had to settle for what was left I would like a nice cream and gold runner, a tablecloth too, napkins etc let me know folks if you come across any, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I work in large store in goods inwards and got the call this morn .

" call for goods in "
    " hello can we book 6 pallets in for delivery to your store for Friday please"
    " yes certainly , name of supplier please"
    Premier decorations!!!!!!!!!!' Aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I will pick up some Celebrations for our house we'll probably open them for decorating the tree, I like to have some spare boxes too in case we have some unexpected visitors, I will get a couple of boxes of Ferrero Rocher for my mams for us (we move in them for the Christmas) and of course a box of King Crisps

It actually works out cheaper to buy the multipack you can get all year round.

Advertisement