Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I work in large store in goods inwards and got the call this morn .

" call for goods in "
    " hello can we book 6 pallets in for delivery to your store for Friday please"
    " yes certainly , name of supplier please"
    Premier decorations!!!!!!!!!!' Aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

haha had an evil laugh reading that. As per previous poster gotta get my stuff earlier this year to put tree & decorations up November 2nd. No neighbour to annoy this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Quality street is a must with us. I am more a savory person so loads of those lovely meat platters from M&S. They never make it to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Tesco's today. Selection boxes, Roses, chocolate Santys, Terry Chocolate Oranges, Afternoon Tea, Snowballs you name it on display in a Christmas Isle :D

361643.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Snow bites and snow balls and I just started dieting again. The weekly shop will be torchure! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I work in large store in goods inwards and got the call this morn .

" call for goods in "
    " hello can we book 6 pallets in for delivery to your store for Friday please"
    " yes certainly , name of supplier please"
    Premier decorations!!!!!!!!!!' Aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love their stuff! :eek:

• Advertisement

What are snow bites? I like snow balls, but there is a similar treat without the coconut, not as soft. Which stuff dipped in chocolate, more like a mallow. Don't know their names though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    What are snow bites? I like snow balls, but there is a similar treat without the coconut, not as soft. Which stuff dipped in chocolate, more like a mallow. Don't know their names though.

Snow bites are essentially Cadburys moments (remember them) covered in powder sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

When I went down to the car this morning the windscreen was frosted over - cold weather is coming which means Christmas is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

American Football is back on Thursday.

Downton Abbey starts back in a few weeks.

Gogglebox starts back this week.

I've the electric blanket on the bed.

Winter is coming.

Christmas is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

kitten_k wrote: »
    When I went down to the car this morning the windscreen was frosted over - cold weather is coming which means Christmas is coming!

I meant to post that earlier! When I went out to the car first thought I had oh may go to penny's buy some nice wellies and woollies for myself ! :D tis the season to be cold ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Next have their Christmas cards and wrapping paper out.

Local Tesco also have their seasonal aisle up and running. Was checking it out last night when a little fella about 10 goes by and starts giving out about it being too earky to his mum. :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Strictly Come Dancing is back!!!:P

Grid. wrote: »
    Strictly Come Dancing is back!!!:P

Well not for another two weeks for the lives. But it certainly is a sign it's coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So was in my local dunnes earlier and they have this storage area in a free unit in the shopping centre just before you go into the supermarket and the door was ajar...what did I see?? Boxes of celebrators and quality street stacked high to the ceiling :-D Christmas is coming....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I was in Penneys in O'Connell Street I shreaked with happiness when I seen the Christmas wrapping paper my aunt was with me she said your not buying it you have loads of wrapping paper already, they also have Christmas bed linen, Christmas hot water bottles too can't wait bring it on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Picking up my Budweiser yesterday evening in my local SuperValu and seen the Bud cans with snowflakes on them in the fridge, drop the traditional 8 pack and whip up the snowflakey cans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

When I retire the silage equipment for another year.

SarahLil wrote: »
    I was in Penneys in O'Connell Street I shreaked with happiness when I seen the Christmas wrapping paper my aunt was with me she said your not buying it you have loads of wrapping paper already, they also have Christmas bed linen, Christmas hot water bottles too can't wait bring it on:)

WOO! Thanks Sarah! Was hoping their bed linen was available soon!:eek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen these in Dealz:

image1_zpshdw3wn4k.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We're starting Christmas songs in choir next week! The first one is Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (I can't remember the real name)

And we've been given the date for the Christmas concert - 16th December :)

Scarinae wrote: »
    We're starting Christmas songs in choir next week! The first one is Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (I can't remember the real name)

I'm so jealous! I'd love to sing in a choir.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I only joined the choir in January so this'll be my first time singing in a Christmas concert since I was in school, can't wait! I was actually thinking of flying back to Ireland before then but no way am I missing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Scarinae wrote: »

I would be so good at this ! If I could sing I mean lol. Sounds so festive and idyllic !

Whats the choir song from Home alone when he is in the church? god that's a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jude13 wrote: »
    Whats the choir song from Home alone when he is in the church? god that's a good one.

There's O Holy Night when he comes into the church and then when he's leaving they are singing Carol of the Bells :)

Carol of the bells, that it thanks. Reminds me of winter in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was looking at pyjamas on the Next website and they have Christmas ones! I searched for Christmas and they have some jumpers too. I filtered it by Women so I'm sure there's more than what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Debenhams have added a new feature to their website :)

Advertisement