Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that Christmas is coming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I will be looking at booking my flights tonight home for Christmas tonight (pending scheduled delivery of my new bank cards). Now to transit through London or Istanbul....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in Boots and they have a massive amount of shelving cleared for their Christmas stock. They already have the 3 for 2 signs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

One of the deals site is doing the personalised Christmas letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

After collecting my son from school we had a great time walking home listening to all the leaves crunch under our shoes! All I was missing was a big woolly hat and gloves :) getting closer and closer !!

Woodies is selling Christmas trees (or at least one tree anyway!) and a few other bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

TK Maxx have started displaying some Xmas decs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We learned The Christmas Song (apparently that's the actual name of Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) in choir last night, and started learning Sleigh Ride :) A few people grumbled about starting Christmas music in September but I was delighted :D

As well as the actual Christmas concert we're going to have various smaller performances - stuff like singing in tube stations to raise money for charity - which will be so much fun!

I heard a panto ad on the radio. I'm not a panto fan but anything Christmassy at this time of year is okay in my book!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Has anyone seen the new British Gas ad yet ? It's a little penguin coming in from the snow , all wrapped up in a duffle coat & scarf,looks soooo Christmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the new British Gas ad yet ? It's a little penguin coming in from the snow , all wrapped up in a duffle coat & scarf,looks soooo Christmas :-)

Ha. I came in here to post about that ad !!!

The music is soooo Christmassy

Edit - sorry it's A different ad I'm thinking off, have posted video below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Yeah the ads this time of year are great you start to notice little references in them then once november start of december comes it goes into fifth gear with them and they are everywhere. Doing up a 2015 christmas songs playlist for youtube at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

lycan238 wrote: »
    Yeah the ads this time of year are great you start to notice little references in them then once november start of december comes it goes into fifth gear with them and they are everywhere. Doing up a 2015 christmas songs playlist for youtube at the minute

Link it when your finished pleased :)

Link it when your finished pleased :)

yeah will do its just my favourite songs form other artists was gonna make it private but will make it public.

Edit: having trouble linking it but search "lycan238's Christmas favs" it should come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just needs snow ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

It's getting bitter out lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I have just finished developing my Christmas menu in work

lycan238 wrote: »
    yeah will do its just my favourite songs form other artists was gonna make it private but will make it public.

Edit: having trouble linking it but search "lycan238's Christmas favs" it should come up.

All the songs i would of picked.

All the songs i would of picked.

thanks there is a few more that I like will add them when I find them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have just finished developing my Christmas menu in work

Oh what is it haha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted this display in Carraig Donn in Jervis St today!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh yes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

miamee wrote: »
    Spotted this display in Carraig Donn in Jervis St today!

AHhhhh!!!! the day the Christmas shop in Mall of the Emirates is open I will bang up some pics, its dream world, especially the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

I awoke on this fine Sunday morning to the smell of what I can only describe as, Christmas.
    Tip toed down the stairs to find the fire blazing.
    Mam had a big grin on her face.
    She'd read on the guide that the polar express was on today and knew how much I love Christmas so she got up at the dawn this morning to get coal and raid our local chemist for the new range of Christmas candles from Yankee.
    That's my day made. It truly is the small things in life :-)

The Polar Express is on itv2 at 17.05
    I hope you all have a lovely relaxing Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

IrishGurll wrote:
    I awoke on this fine Sunday morning to the smell of what I can only describe as, Christmas. Tip toed down the stairs to find the fire blazing. Mam had a big grin on her face. She'd read on the guide that the polar express was on today and knew how much I love Christmas so she got up at the dawn this morning to get coal and raid our local chemist for the new range of Christmas candles from Yankee. That's my day made. It truly is the small things in life :-)

What a lovely mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

The real indicator for me is when I can go to Dunnes or Tesco and find the 36 box of Tunnocks Tea Cakes for €10- then I know that Christmas is truly on its way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Hits954

Here's a sign - it's September 27th

So Christmas is a quarter of a year away. And time moves forwards.

It'll get here, and hopefully people will start preparations and so on in December like they should, enjoying the rest of Autumn and Hallowe'en in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Hits954 wrote: »

It'll get here, and hopefully people will start preparations and so on in December like they should, enjoying the rest of Autumn and Hallowe'en in the meantime

He's a mean one Mr.Grinch....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

hopefully people will start preparations and so on in December like they should
    1. People will start preparations when they want- not when you think they 'should'
    2. Another post like that will get you a yellow card, so I suggest you read the charter if you want to post here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was in lidl today and they have all the Christmas biscuits, chocolate Santa's, christmas puds etc on the shelves!! It was so nice to see! Some of the biscuits looked yummy like cinnamon stars - mmmm. They also had winter colour sprinkles for the cookies or cupcakes :-) should have taken a pic!!

• Advertisement

Me and my family have been getting a few small bits since April March. Once September is upon us we get busier, my mam has Christmas music in her car ATM.
    My mam said once Halloween is over she is getting the Christmas decorations down. They get taken down in January so the earlier they up the more enjoyment we get.

Advertisement