Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying UK suppliers in STG

Options
  • 14-07-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

We currently write sterling cheques, using a Bank of Ireland Global Markets Sterling account, to pay our UK suppliers.

We received a note recently saying this service is being discontinued.

I know it is STG£12.50 per transaction to make EFT transfer from this STG account to another UK account. And I think it is €12.50 to make an EFT from our Euro current account to a STG account in the UK,

Is this information correct?

Is there any cheaper alternative as these charges seem excessive for the small amounts we need to pay monthly.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

jpf1990 wrote: »
    Hi,

We currently write sterling cheques, using a Bank of Ireland Global Markets Sterling account, to pay our UK suppliers.

We received a note recently saying this service is being discontinued.

I know it is STG£12.50 per transaction to make EFT transfer from this STG account to another UK account. And I think it is €12.50 to make an EFT from our Euro current account to a STG account in the UK,

Is this information correct?

Is there any cheaper alternative as these charges seem excessive for the small amounts we need to pay monthly.

Thanks,
    John
    Hi jpf1990,

Welcome to Boards.ie

A full list options and charges for international transactions can be found here.

If you are registered for Business Online you can make this transfer through the website, alternatively you can drop into your branch to request this transfer.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement