Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop a cat pooping on my lawn

Options
  • 14-07-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Guys, I would appreciate a bit of advice here. I have about a 100sq meters of open lawn in front of my house and every morning (to early for me to get up) the same cat comes in to do his poo. I have small kids that very often run out of the house without their shoes on to play on the grass and I need to stop this cat at his tracks asap. What method or cat repellent would you recommend for dealing with this fella?
    Thanks

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I had a small bit of lawn in a back garden in London and the same problem, but lots of cats would come and do their doo :D. I tried every sort of cat repellant i could find and nothing really worked for long.

My solution after a few years of trying was to make friends with the immediate neighbours cat. The cat then assumed ownership of the territory and that reduced the amount of doo fairly rapidly.

In order to curtail the last bit of doo I made a small sand pit about 1m X 50cm X 10cm deep, kinda like a big cat doo box. The cat loved to do the doo in the pit and left the rest of the garden alone. It was then very easy to use a small shovel/rake to scoop up the doo.

Only problem with this solution for you is that the kids may play in the sand pit too :D unless they can be persuaded not to and you make them one out in the back garden. (but this pit would need to be covered in some fashion lest the newly trained cat find it). :)

I have 2 dogs now and they are untrainable, so I am back to doing a regular "spoo hunt" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Get a Jack Russell terrier, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

You could trap it and then drive it 100 mile away that would sort the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Hopefully the op wants a legal & ethical solution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

We've used sonic detectors and they do work but the cats used the corners of the garden that were shielded from the repellent. Another woman I know, set one up and it actually attracted cats to her garden...not to crap but to hang out.

Advertisement